Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

88 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSL, CSL LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Yesterday, 01:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Yesterday, 12:54 PM

2005! Well done biggrin.gif

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Yesterday, 12:15 PM

The recent dip, attributed to news of refocusing / tweeking it's China strategy, has been left in the dust when CSL reported strong 💪 numbers across all divisions.

(now my biggest holding - picked up in 2005 for much less)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Chart - only a few hiccups along the way up smile.gif

Shortman chart heading in the right direction also - only 0.17% as at 15/8/19
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=csl
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 14 2019, 11:35 AM

record highs, following last week's strong result; closing on $240

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 11:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 14 2019, 09:53 AM

CSL’s chief executive Paul Perreault outlined that the company’s products, across the board, had contributed to its strong result. He said its largest franchise, the immunoglobulin portfolio, was performing exceptionally well, with Privigen sales growing 23 per cent and Hizentra sales up 22 per cent.

“In part, driving the growth in demand has been our new CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy — a debilitating neurological disorder) indication for Hizentra and the inclusion of this indication for Privigen in the US market,” Mr Perreault said.

CSL highlighted that global albumin sales grew 15 per cent when compared to the previous year, with albumin sales into China making a strong resurgence in the second half.

The results also showed that Haegarda sales grew by 61 per cent and Idelvion sales were up 40 per cent. “Haegarda, our therapy for patients with Hereditary Angioedema and Idelvion, our therapy for Haemophilia B patients, have been transformational products and the sales growth reflects this,” Mr Perreault said.

Mr Perreault added that demand for CSL’s plasma and recombinant products continued to be strong. “We expect to again outpace the market in growing plasma collections and plan to open around 40 new collection centres in fiscal 2020,” he said.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 09:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 24 2019, 03:40 PM

A strong year for CSL with reported net profit after tax of $1,919 million, up 17% at CC and revenue up 11% at CC, reflecting;
- Continued strong growth in immunoglobulin and albumin therapies
- High patient demand for specialty products Haegarda & Kcentra
- Successful evolution of the haemophilia therapies portfolio
- Seqirus delivering on strategy, with strong profit growth

• Earnings per share $4.236, up 16% at CC

• Final dividend of US$1.00 per share (approximately A$1.48)
- Total full year dividend increased to US$1.85 per share, up 8%
- Converted to Australian currency, the total full year dividend is approximately A$2.68 per share, up 18%

• FY20 net profit after tax anticipated to be in the range of approximately $2,050million to $2,110 million at CC representing a growth over FY19 of approximately 7-10%. This growth takes into account the one-off financial headwind of transitioning to a new model of direct distribution in China

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 08:58 AM
  Quote Post

Where will this juggernaut end up? Nothing can stop it.
Strange that nobody ever tried to buy it out after seeing all the baby bios get bought up and repackaged over a long time.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Jun 24 2019, 03:40 PM
  Quote Post

CSL had earlier flagged that transitioning to its own distribution channel in China would have a one-off impact on FY20 financials. On Friday the company quantified this impact in the form of a decline in albumin sales by -US$340-US$370m.

Citi analysts estimate the impact on net profits will be around -6% with the impact on cash flows to be much lower, also because CSL will continue to collect outstanding receivables from existing distributors despite the accountancy change/delay.

Buy. Target unchanged at $236.60.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 9 2019, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

Deutsche analyst Craig Wong-Pan has kept his Hold rating on CSL and trimmed his target price 2.5 per cent to $198 after visiting its US headquarters.

He says the heavyweight health stock has a strong revenue outlook but some margin concerns.

While gaining comfort over our FY20 immunoglobulin revenue growth forecasts and reduced risks associated with obtaining the Chinese approval of AlbuRx, he notes that US collections are moving into different demographics which in his view could lead to lower plasma yields and lower margins.

At the same time, HAE production will be increased significantly and investment is being made into manufacturing CSL112 while phase III trials are being undertaken.

“We continue to rate the stock a Hold given the limited total shareholder total shareholder return,” he says...

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 13 2019, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 13 2019, 12:59 PM

A gain. ... But I guess it's all about expectations.

Mine have been surpassed, but that was a while ago. Happy to hold.

--------------------

88 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING