Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AKP, AUDIO PIXELS HOLDINGS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 12 2019, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 6 2019, 04:49 PM

Audio Pixels is extremely pleased to inform its shareholders that the wafers recently received from the MEMS vendor have been validated to resolve the known fabrication and handling issues. Wafers tested consistently operated within the required electromechanical specifications. This critical milestone which is the culmination of years of
groundbreaking work in MEMS processing development, has for the first time enabled our engineers to conduct accurate and detailed acoustic characterization on multiples of working devices and wafers.

While the devices performed consistently including the playing of speech and music, the acoustic output was measured to be below our targeted specifications. The root cause for such deficiencies in performance has been traced to slight anomalies that exist between the perfect world of computer simulation, and the imperfect world of fabrication and material behavior, imperfections that were only identifiable once the fabrication process consistently met our electromechanical specifications.

- the gap twixt cup and lip remains measurable

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 6 2019, 04:02 PM

neither can I !! For as long as my posts have been up, I've a friend who said he was going to buy in big, and either retire rich or die trying (or words to that effect).

Looking back, that's nearly three years. "Charty" loved it as a trader; my entreaties to friend to at least make a bit on the ups and downs fell on deaf ears. He's held on through thick and thin, feast and famine, bumper years and fallow. He is, in the currently popular heuristic, anchored to this stock. Meantime, and as with most cutting edge, innovative big ideas that could should revolutionise the marketplace/ become the next facebook uber, there are many other players out there with deeper pockets, more nimble R&D, better marketing, etc. ( I have never held it)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 04:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 29 2019, 09:54 AM

Can't understand why this stock has a MC of $457 million - an SP of $15.59 Not to mention how it reached a high of $33.00

Another Quarterly Cash Flow in and again NO INCOME? Problem still not solved biggrin.gif

Total short positions @ 31/7/19 are only 0.07%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=akp.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: May 29 2019, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

Still claiming that they have solved it. About to go out for institutional roadshow.....

...but
...recent adjustments made to the MEMS fabrication process yielded wafers of sufficient quality as to allow the acoustic characterisation phase to begin.

Initial measurements confirmed that past issues pertaining to stiction and shorts appear to be resolved. Unfortunately, we have had to temporarily suspend the next steps of acoustic testing when a rare system glitch in the prober resulted in the destruction of the wafer.

We expect to continue the acoustic characterisation immediately upon receipt of replacement wafers from our vendor in early June, as they hold, by design many dozens of wafers in the pipeline in various stages of fabrication.
- many a slip 'twixt cup and lip (especially when dealing with nano manufacturing of new stuff)

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 24 2018, 03:50 PM
  Quote Post

AKP up 20%. ... claims that they have solved it. !! .... and may have a product

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 5 2018, 09:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 17 2018, 05:38 PM

Noticed Joe Aston's article - Audio Pixels: 12 years later, still nothing to sell
extract
A dozen years in, without making or selling a single thing (absurdly, its market capitalisation briefly topped $900 million in 2016), Audio Pixel shares finished the Independence Day session down 16.9 per cent, its market cap now, even still, a surely ambitious $385.1 million.

https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/audio...20180704-h128qu

Has roughly 4 mil in kitty as of last Quarterly - thanks to draw down of $3.0 mil of the convertible notes facility - see below - cash outflows estimated $1.4 mil, zero income but had a $900 mil MC ??? Must be a heck of a lot of "potential" built into the SP. Disclosure - I don't know anything about the company, other than looking at their 4C and reading AFR's article - their "world-changing chip" may well be the holy grail of chips, biggrin.gif

On 5 January 2018, the Company announced that it had raised $4,500,000 from an issue of
convertible notes, earning interest at 8% per annum with an exercise price of $16.71 expiring on or
before 31 December 2018
pursuant to agreements dated 29 December 2017. As at 31 December
only $1,500,000 of the $4,500,000 had been received in the bank account and the remaining
amount of $3,000,000 was received on 4 January 2018. 4F Investments Pty Limited, a company
controlled by the Chairman, Mr Fred Bart has agreed to take up an additional $500,000 of these
convertible notes subject to approval by shareholders at the next Annual General Meeting to be
held prior on 7 May 2018.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: May 17 2018, 05:38 PM
  Quote Post

Something's driving AKP, from $16 when it updated the market early in the month, to $24 today.

Management looking to report on quality issues by "3rd week of May" might have something to do with it.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 29 2017, 04:48 PM

Actually, so do I, arty. Quality control, on an individual level. Hmmm

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 04:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 29 2017, 12:51 PM

I read it somewhat differently:
In earlier "updates", they had promised better wafers by September. Now it turns out, bulk delivery is yet again delayed till after the Jewish Holiday, whichever that is. Suggests to me, they won't be able to start a new integration batch till late October, if that. And what they describe as "different versions" that allow them to pick the best-suited ones, may well be marketing-speak for inconsistent quality across batches.
For holders' sake, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm no longer a holder myself. Just a realist who has seen most of :it" before.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

"Tangible Progress" attained - SP up!

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING