Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Takeover Targets, Possible takeover targets
nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2019, 08:30 PM
  Quote Post

Almost $50 billion of oil and gas assets could potentially change hands in the Australian region over the next few years, according to consultancy Wood Mackenzie, which is foreshadowing a shake-up in LNG infrastructure ownership as well as takeovers of juniors offering exposure to high east coast gas prices.

It pointed to US major ConocoPhillips and Italian oil company Eni as potentially interested in selling gas assets in Australia or possibly leaving the country altogether.

Meanwhile, smaller east coast gas explorers and producers such as Cooper Energy, Senex Energy, Comet Ridge and Galilee Energy could be attractive takeover targets given the tight gas market, Wood Mackenzie senior analyst David Low said on Thursday.

The decline in Oil Search's share price in the last few months due to uncertainty over LNG expansions in Papua New Guinea could also make that company an attractive target for a larger company with serious LNG ambitions, he said.

"We think an M&A shake-up could be on the horizon," Mr Low said, noting that Wood Mackenzie had identified a potential $US32 billion ($47.6 million) of assets that could be sold...

always hard to predict.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

albion
post Posted: Jun 16 2008, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: shovel on Monday 16/06/08 12:55pm

Clearly the main area for T/O merger activity just now is in the oil/gas sector.At the present time there are about seven T/O, merger, joint venture suggestion being worked out some friendly some hostile. This is very strange indeed as the message from the market at the present time appears to be get out of oil/gas stocks at any price. The people giving this advice are most likely the same ones that were saying 12 months ago BNB was an outstanding buy at $36.00. There is something way wrong here, on the one hand we have experts/brokers showing very little interest in the oil/gas sector whereas the people in the know, the larger oil/gas companies themselves seem to be saying the only way forward is to grap under valued oil/gas interests on the cheap before the market wakes up.IMO the outstanding T/O companies at the present time are smaller oil/gas companies with proven reserves,great cash flow and increasing profits(quite frankly is there any other sector with this sort of outlook at the present time?). So something has to give ,either the share prices of these companies go up or more companies are going to be taken out. Lets take PPP as one example. Their 10% interest in the Tua field went ahead on the basis of 27m barrels of oil at a price of $40.00, we now have proven reserves of nearly 50m barrels and an oil price over $130, they will soon have more cash than their m/c but the share price is less than when they were producing nothing. I may be dumb but I can make no sense out of it. In the meantime investors who think I might not be so dumb should have a look at NZO,PPP,SAE.OEL,CVN,VPE, and soon to join them HZN,CUE, just to name a few.

shovel
post Posted: Jun 16 2008, 12:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: allnite on Sunday 21/10/07 10:33am

Dallas could come calling for Burleson. - BUR.

BURLESON Energy is one of the 40 ASX-listed stocks that have onshore oil and gas in the US as their main focus. But unlike most of them, Burleson has secured a cash flow.
It would only take one or two more successes in the group's Texas program for some J.R. Ewing type to have a look at taking it over...

More
http://business.theage.com.au/opes-takes-g...5v2.html?page=2

wasabibarako
post Posted: Jun 16 2008, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: allnite on Sunday 21/10/07 10:33am

allnite: PYC is clearly a takeover target candidate.
wasa

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jun 16 2008, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

Topic moved from "Macro Factors" into "Investment Discussion"

Thankyou
ShareScene.com

allnite
post Posted: Oct 21 2007, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

Has anyone done any research or got any thoughts on possable takeover targets with Capitalisation of less than $10million and shares fairly evenly spread that would interest a corporate raider trying to get 51% control

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Wysiwyg
post Posted: Jun 19 2007, 11:00 PM
  Quote Post

I didn`t realise that there were so many tactics to avoid a takeover.
Since lots of forumites ask the question...

~Why are my stocks going down when everything looks good?~

Tactic to avoid takeover

Back-end
Bankmail
Crown Jewel Defense
Flip-in
Flip-over
Golden Parachute
Gray Knight
Greenmail
Jonestown Defense
Killer bees
Leveraged recapitalization
Lobster trap
Lock-up provision
Macaroni Defense
Nancy Reagan Defense
Non-voting stock
Pac-Man Defense
Pension parachute
People Pill
Poison pill
Poison Put
Safe Harbor
Scorched earth defense
Shark Repellent
Staggered board of directors
Standstill agreement
Suicide pill
Targeted repurchase
Top-ups
Treasury stock
Trigger
Voting plans
White knight
White squire
Whitemail

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 15 2006, 10:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: favshare on Thursday 15/06/06 09:49pm

well ME only owns a tad over 3M and Grigor has almost 9M, collectively that is less than 5% so their shareholding would not be enough, but obviously unless the shareholders endorse a TO it may be difficult to TO FAR even for 30c.

All fun and games for now, but once ROC releases reserve figures for Beibu-Gulf, even indicative figures and FAR has solid oil reserves in addition to everything else l think FAR will be a different company!

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

favshare
post Posted: Jun 15 2006, 09:49 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: King Baz on Thursday 15/06/06 09:04pm

King Baz I dare you to ask ME about FAR being taken over. My impression is that it would be over his dead body. lmaosmiley.gif

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 15 2006, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

albion - yep, many people have noticed it over the years- good aussie junior oilers get taken over!

As for;

It would be hard to convince me that several companies in the USA are not already keeping an eye on FAR.

Not a truer word spoken!

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING