Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

MNR, MINOTAUR RESOURCES LIMITED
Grebmoolb
post Posted: Nov 30 2004, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

I have decided to bail out of MNR rather than wait around. Good luck if your holding on.

--------------------
I am an investor who has income from other sources than investing, so if I lose everything this is far from a disaster.
The money I invest is that which I can afford to lose. Perhaps that is what investing in stocks is all about. One factor I have used after big losses in 1987 is to have more in cash as my portfolio becomes more speculative. This has forced me to sell, even though my other self was saying invest more. This philosophy saved me from the next crash in 2000/1.

Written on my wall in large letters is " IT'S NEVER WRONG TO TAKE A PROFIT " and " LEAVE SOME PROFIT FOR THE NEXT GUY " and from a Guru of the past " MASTERLY INACTION IS NEVER WRONG, DON'T INVEST JUST BECAUSE THE CASH IS STACKED UP IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DOING NOTHING ".

All the very best to you, may your God go with you and look after you on your journey, forever.

JustinS007
post Posted: Nov 11 2004, 04:58 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Grebmoolb on Thursday 11/11/04 10:32am

No chance of a counter offer imo. With the OX earning 65% and this being a friendly script takeover then I feel it would be impossible for another party to get a look. They would have essentially pay the OX for the potential reserves at a price greater than the OX place on PH. I would think that such an offer would have to be $3+ to have any show at all.

J.

Austin
post Posted: Nov 11 2004, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Grebmoolb on Thursday 11/11/04 09:32am

The fact that OXR is going to 65% of PH regardless would be a big hurdle for another bidder. Only one company can get 100% and that's the deal that has just been done.

Grebmoolb
post Posted: Nov 11 2004, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (JustinS007 @ Wednesday 10/11/04 08:11am)

Just wondering if this bid was made with the knowledge of BHP Billiton ie given the nod ? If not there could be interest from one of BHP's wholly owned smaller subsiduaries.

I have thought for a while that MNR were worth $2 as a normal trading price and think a bid in the range $2.50 to $2.70 could come, imho of course.

--------------------
I am an investor who has income from other sources than investing, so if I lose everything this is far from a disaster.
The money I invest is that which I can afford to lose. Perhaps that is what investing in stocks is all about. One factor I have used after big losses in 1987 is to have more in cash as my portfolio becomes more speculative. This has forced me to sell, even though my other self was saying invest more. This philosophy saved me from the next crash in 2000/1.

Written on my wall in large letters is " IT'S NEVER WRONG TO TAKE A PROFIT " and " LEAVE SOME PROFIT FOR THE NEXT GUY " and from a Guru of the past " MASTERLY INACTION IS NEVER WRONG, DON'T INVEST JUST BECAUSE THE CASH IS STACKED UP IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DOING NOTHING ".

All the very best to you, may your God go with you and look after you on your journey, forever.

JustinS007
post Posted: Nov 10 2004, 06:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Grebmoolb on Wednesday 10/11/04 04:45am

Exactly my point Grelbmoolb. I'm an agressive risk seeking individual in everything that I do, but I do have limits.

Interesting that neither the OX or MNR did anything today. I thought there would be a movement one way or another. In any event I think MNR is either slightly undervalued, or the market feels that between now and March the OX sp will stay the same or fall. I think that's unlikely and would be keen to buy more MNR if I had spare cash. Surely the OX will lift by year end and certainly by the end of Feb with Gold expansion, copper etc. etc. etc.. This only adds value to the MNR sp as the ratio of 1.85 shares doesn't change. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also good to see the article in the Age today highlighting the merger.

J.

Grebmoolb
post Posted: Nov 10 2004, 03:45 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JustinS007 on Tuesday 09/11/04 08:40am

Keeping to an investment strategy is difficult, especially if going away from it for a while works out well, however, how often have I heard people say after the tech crash that they failed to follow their own advice.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

JustinS007
post Posted: Nov 9 2004, 05:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: kajdes on Tuesday 09/11/04 04:27pm

Just to offer a different perspective, I think all of this (except for the money I make) sucks. I am already way overweight on the OX and this deal just makes it worse. Problem is I'm loathe to sell any as the OX is going to take off again shortly and remain bullish imo for the next 12 months. Just not sure if I'm happy with the risk that this presents as it makes a complete mockery of my investment strategy. I also can't see anything out there that I am compelled to buy right now!

All that aside, congrats to holders of MNR, we knew this would do well when we heard that OH was involved and we have been suitably rewarded.

J.

kajdes
post Posted: Nov 9 2004, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Austin on Tuesday 09/11/04 02:31pm

Thanks for that. I totally agree with your thoughts. I'd be suprised not to see an increase in both OXR and MNR tomorrow as the market starts to understand the size of company to which OXR is becoming, so long as gold holds up.

Its hard to value the 40 cent per share spin off. It will have 12m in cash and no debt, some exploration areas, a couple of investments in some listed companies... OXR are happy to tip some money in.

Austin
post Posted: Nov 9 2004, 02:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: kajdes on Tuesday 09/11/04 02:03pm

I'm with you Kajdes. For the life of me, I can't work out why it is trading so low, unless the market does not believe the other asssets are worth 40 cents. Why would anyone sell for $2 today when they are likely to get a lot more (than even the $2.29 deal value) in a couple of months? It makes no sense that OXR is holding up very well immediately after the announcement but MNR is concurrently trading at such a huge discount. If OXR takes off, as I expect it will when the analysts get to work on it, MNR shares are worth 2 cents more for each one cent increase in OXR. Watch the arbitrage games that will get played on this one!

kajdes
post Posted: Nov 9 2004, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone have a view as to whether MNR is a good buy at $2.03?

Even with a slight weakness in OXR, currently at 99, the deal is still worth $2.23.

A rebound in OXR's SP once the market digests the positives can only be good for OXR and ultimately the value of this deal?

Thanks,
Kajdes

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING