Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

TFL, TASFOODS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 16 2016, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 23 2016, 03:09 PM

TasFoods Limited is pleased to announce that it has completed its recent capital raising, and accepted applications for 101,577,000
ordinary shares at an issue price of $0.25 each and raised $25,394,250 (before costs).

Acquisitions: the Company has today completed the acquisition of
- Nichols Poultry Pty Ltd and associated assets
- Shima Wasabi Pty Ltd

• TFL acquired Meander Valley Dairy in September 2015 and has achieved significant increases in sales through ranging in Woolworths, appointment of a national Sales Manager and expanding on the existing relationship with Coles.
• Expansion of production capacity to meet market demand will be achieved in late 2016 through a move to larger facilities.

• Nichols Poultry is the second largest poultry processing business in Tasmania with a well established brand with Tasmanian consumers. It owns and operates the poultry processing business and facility and related plant and equipment, an electricity generating wind turbine and approximately 91 hectares of land on which the processing facility and wind turbine are located, together with a farm house, sheds and other improvements. The acquisition consideration is $12,550,000

• Shima Wasabi owns and operates a business producing and distributing wasabi, Japanese pepper, Japanese turnip and Japanese parsley in Northdown on the north west coast of Tasmania.
• As well as providing fresh wasabi stems and edible flowers to Australian restaurants, Shima Wasabi also produces premium concentrated freeze dried wasabi powder for distribution throughout Australia, Asia and Europe.
• acquires all of the issued shares in Shima Wasabi for consideration of $2,750,000.

got some cash still in the kitty :- currently investigating a number of Tasmanian based premium branded food business opportunities ranging from a funding requirement of $1mil to $15mil.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 23 2016, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 17 2015, 07:23 PM

settled: As failed buyer of the Van Diemens Land dairy farm in Tasmania's far north west, TasFoods will receive a settlement worth $1.25 million from the company's New Zealand owners.

Chairman Rob Woolley said the company wanted to settle to avoid protracted legal proceedings and that he was happy with the figure reached. TasFoods' directors said that although the board believed its damages claim for breach of agreement against VDL was sound, continuing the litigation would have been costly and time consuming.

the company's aim is to "ultimately build an integrated business based on premium food products primarily sourced from Tasmania".

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Dec 17 2015, 07:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 26 2015, 08:54 AM

The sale of the Van Diemen's Land Company (VDL) dairy farm in Tasmania's north-west to a Chinese buyer remains stalled after a Melbourne court ruling.

A sales contract between VDL's owners and Australian company TasFoods was trumped by Moon Lake Investments, owned by Chinese Businessman Lu Xianfeng who offered more money.

TasFoods challenged the sale in the Supreme Court of Victoria with an injunction blocking the sale to Moon Lake claiming the owners of VDL had breached the sales contract.

The injunction was removed when a judge said he was not convinced TasFoods had a strong case. It has now taken the case to the Victorian Court of Appeal.

During proceedings in the Supreme Court in Melbourne today, Moon Lake gave an undertaking that it would not settle the sale without first giving five days of notice to TasFoods.

That would allow TasFoods time to lodge an appeal, calling for the earlier injunction blocking the sale to be reinstated.

TasFoods' case against the owners of VDL will go to trial in February.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 26 2015, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Nov 10 2015, 09:30 AM

will find that OnCards is now TasFoods with code TFL

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Nov 10 2015, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Nov 10 2015, 08:30 AM

Crazy stuff! Around 20 cents higher and the same market cap as BAL'S! biggrin.gif

mme
post Posted: Nov 10 2015, 08:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 9 2015, 11:51 AM

600 million market cap. Ridiculous imo at this stage!!

P.S. I am annoyed as i was going to purchase yesterday but rest assured if I had of picked the low yesterday or if the share price opened lower than what it did and I bought, I would of sold most if not all of my holding. Over 900 million shares issued at 25 cents and imo a lot will flood the market! Well done to holders as this reach my target price before even got on and well before I anticipated it!!! biggrin.gif

Featured Stock Stories

mme
post Posted: Nov 9 2015, 12:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Nov 9 2015, 12:02 PM

I read that the record date is the 8th of October (as per ASX release 6/11/2015) for the SPP so one would assume those buying today are ineligible for the SPP? biggrin.gif

mme
post Posted: Nov 9 2015, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 9 2015, 11:51 AM

I suppose some may think BAL may get into bed (so to speak) with ONC. biggrin.gif

nipper
post Posted: Nov 9 2015, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Nov 9 2015, 11:40 AM

you would have to expect a bit of profit taking for the early money.

$3mill profit on $250mil MC (now $400mill) - something's got to give

But then, hype like the following (!) will pull in some ... it is a bit old but there you go
I hate planes. Actually I should rephrase that. I love planes. I just hate travelling on planes. Especially in economy class. I'll be honest, I can't afford to travel business class all the time. It's just not feasible with the amount of travelling I do. So usually I'm down the back end. Squeezing into seats with insufficient leg and shoulder room.

At 6'3" and a nip over 100 kilos I'm just not physically suited to economy class. I guess it should inspire me to make more coin I guess… Anyway although I do bemoan the sardine-can-like feeling, there's an upside to the travel I do.

Actually there are a few upsides. I get a chance to meet a lot of interesting people from many different backgrounds. And I also get to see how different consumers behave amongst the duty free shops.

Now you might be thinking, consumer behaviour at duty free shops, how is that interesting? Well I'm about to tell you. You see people usually buy things from duty free that they want but can't get as cheaply in their home country.

That's why you see hoards of Aussie's loaded up with booze on arrival back home. Or in the UK it's a couple bags of perfumes and smokes. Asia is a unique in that many returning travellers are carrying some kind of UGG Australia product, or variants of health food from Manuka Honey to milk powder.

Sitting at gate lounge eight before my long trip back to the UK, I saw a young Asian couple carrying a bag of milk powder with them. I noticed it because only about 15 minutes earlier I'd taken a photo of the same carry bag at the Duty-Free shop.

I took my photo because I was intrigued by this milk powder display. As you can see, nestled in among all the phones, cameras, headphones and wireless speakers is a giant array of milk powder.

It was front and centre as you walk to the international gate lounges. You couldn't miss it. The other thing that I was interested by was the price. $98 a bag.

I thought that was pretty expensive. But with high (and growing) demand for milk and milk solids maybe it's actually pretty cheap.

The biggest change to China in 35 years

To have the display so prominent among all the sheep skin and UGG boots must mean they shift a fair bit of the stuff.

But then again, when I look at the stock price of Australia's big nutrition companies, it actually makes pretty good sense.

For example, Australia's Blackmores [ASX:BKL] is up 419% in a year. The company's vitamin products are selling out because of immense demand in China.

Capilano Honey [ASX:CZZ] is up 168% in a year. This is off stronger demand across Asia and the promise of the Australia-China free trade agreement.

And for any company selling premium foods into China things are about to radically change.

You see, in October China decided to drop its infamous 'one child policy'.

This policy is a relic from the old Communist Party. The policy put a ban on couple having more than one child. Its purpose was to prevent a 'population bomb'. The thought at the time was that China's population would exponentially grow out of control.

That never happened.

But for 35 years the policy has been in place. It's now on the out because China faces a different long term problem. An ageing population.

And we all know what kinds of problems that can create. You only need to look to Japan for evidence.

With the one child policy lifted, Credit Suisse estimate that by 2017 China could see an extra six million new births annually. That might not sound like a lot for a country with a population of 1.357 billion. But remember that six million is the equivalent to 25% of Australia population. So that's a quarter of Australia born every year into China…simply by lifting the policy.

That's a lot.

Who benefits? The milkmen

In a report on the birth policy Credit Suisse explain,

'Related sectors including baby formula, diapers, medication, kids wear, and appliances. Assuming cost of raising at 40,000 yuan per year, additional consumption will be 120-240 billion yuan per year from 2017, translating into 4-9 per cent of total retail sales.'

This is going to be big for Aussie food companies. For one company it will completely change the game.

In August/September this year technology company, OnCard International [ASX:ONC] decided to change direction. The company was getting out of the tech game and into farming.

They sold their OnCard tech. Then with the proceeds they bought a farm.

They also appointed, Rob Woolley as Chairman. This is significant. You see Woolley is also Chairman of baby food maker, Bellamy's Australia [ASX:BAL].

But the biggest news of all is the bid for one of Australia's largest dairy farms the Van Diemen's Land Company.

Word has it, along with OnCard, a consortium of Chinese buyers is in the bidding war. As far as who will win…we don't know yet. It looks promising for OnCard. But there's been no definitive word either way.

What we do know now is the price for VDL will be around $180 to $220 million.

Why so much for dairy farms? Well VDL produce around 100 million litres of milk and 7.7 million kilograms of milk solids per year. And where do you think most of this will go now? That's right — China.

What happens if OnCard wins? Well there's a possibility they could be the 'Blackmores' or 'Capilano' of 2016.

But it's not just OnCard. Any company that sells food and nutrition directly into China could be in for a bumper few years ahead. It's one of the most exciting times for Aussie food companies ever.

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Nov 9 2015, 11:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Nov 7 2015, 09:02 AM

Will wait until the 25 cent issue hit the markets before purchasing. IMO way way too expensive at current levels! biggrin.gif

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING