Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

BLX, BEACON LIGHTING
terrine
post Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

good interim result - double digit growth on everything most importantly nett profit - up 19%

terrine
post Posted: Aug 18 2016, 03:44 PM
  Quote Post

FY reported today looks OK to me, SP up 8%

terrine
post Posted: Jul 4 2016, 02:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 4 2016, 02:28 PM

buck and a quarter me

nipper
post Posted: Jul 4 2016, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Jul 4 2016, 02:11 PM

brave ? (U must've bought since the bad news)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

terrine
post Posted: Jul 4 2016, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 6 2016, 06:56 PM

seems to be going OK since I got in, must be me
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

nipper
post Posted: Jun 6 2016, 06:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 6 2016, 05:53 PM

whoops: (market doesn't believe you)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Jun 6 2016, 05:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Jun 6 2016, 04:49 PM

in mid May, Beacon claimed the early Easter, along with increased discounting, had slowed sales in the previous 10 weeks, and then panic set in as analysts linked the weakening sales to cooling housing markets in Sydney and Melbourne. Beacon shares, which listed in April 2014, closed down more than 20%, ending a good run above $2.00 for most of the previous 12 months

Beacon's senior management was refusing to discuss the May trading update, which lands just three months after the company unveiled a 8.5 per cent jump in half-year sales and a 22.1 per cent or jump in net profit for six months to December 31.

Retail analysts claim Beacon's sales are likely to come under further pressure from the expected liquidation of the Masters inventory, which includes a significant selection of lighting, fans and lamps.

(does that mean I'm a holder? No, missed the IPO, and early upside, then it just became a retail story with limited growth and lots of opposition)

--------------------

terrine
post Posted: Jun 6 2016, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Jun 6 2016, 03:40 PM

Thankyou,
Recently entered this stock, any other holders out there?

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jun 6 2016, 03:40 PM
  Quote Post

Added by request: Beacon Lighting (BLX)

Regards,

ShareScene Admin

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING