Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

PPN, PLANET PLATINUM LIMITED
crassus
post Posted: May 26 2004, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

down to 45c all time low, i think theres still like 22million unlisted shares that come on market soon, so thats about 30million shares, at 20c its worth $6million at 30c worth $9million, so i think fair value for DPL will be between 20-30c.

anyone got any thoughts or info where this is heading too?

AJ007
post Posted: Mar 17 2004, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

I was just reading up on this one, they have a Net Asset backing of about 15 cents per share, plus I believe that they do not own the Brothel, just the premises. They do however own bar20, which seems to be doing well for them. It seems to be a glorified property trust that has now bought a bar which it also operates. If I am correct in the assumption that DPL shareholders do not have any ownership in the brothel, then there seems to be no large upside in the coming future for this one. This is because Bar20 is already out performing all expectations, so I do not see any major upside in the near future. Also it is looking at buying a promotions company that organises:

The Spring Lunch
May on the Bay
The Spring Lunch
December to remember

Although my knowledge of promotions companies is not extensive, I cannot see this being a greatly stable earner for DPL. Also promotions companies seem to have a reasonably high level of risk associated with them.

Finally are developing a product called Microbabe, which is a 50% joint venture, set out to design a fully interactive female or male web guide. This just sounds like a bunch of rich boys with too much time on their hands finding a way to blow a few extra dollars. I cannot see any financial gain that could be made by this "investment".

--------------------
Only the dead have seen the end of war! 'Plato'

crassus
post Posted: Feb 11 2004, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

i dont think so/
devilsmiley.gif

blackbook
post Posted: Feb 11 2004, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY crassus, Wed 11/02/04 10:21am   [READ POST]

I believe the business is quite solid and it's a well known brothel. The upside comes from their potential to expand their brandname and client services. Not an ethical business at all. At least ASC can be argued not to be too unethical.

Watch out for expansion plans in the USA.

I believe the owner dumped shares when they listed but you should check that for yourself. Once a single brothel is running at full capacity (like the one in Melbourne) it is very hard to grow. It's also hard to maintain a high reputation as managers opt for slacker service to grow profits... keep an eye on it though.

Do they have a shareholders discount card? hypocrite.gif

crassus
post Posted: Feb 11 2004, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

What does everyone think of DPL is has the daily planet brothel in melb, it dosent own it as much but collects rent and it has a strip club or 2 in mel or syd.

Come down a lot to 75c. Worth a buy?, paying 2.5% yield.

ADMIN1
post Posted: Feb 11 2004, 04:10 AM
  Quote Post

DAILY PLANET LIMITED

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING