Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

MIA, MIA GROUP LIMITED
lord elpus
post Posted: May 30 2004, 08:59 PM
  Quote Post

Had this one on my "Weinstein Entering Stage 2" watch list. I was just doing a slow and lazy review of that list and my eyebrows shot up when I saw this baby.

It gets an A+ on the Weinstein marking system:

1) Volumes increased dramatically
2) RSI rising steadily
3) 30 Week MA rising
4) Trading well above 30 Week MA

Now we should see a pullback to the 30 Week MA to consolidate and then it's all systems go for a long and steady rise over the next few months.

Funny thing is I don't even know what this company does.

Barrios
post Posted: Feb 25 2004, 06:31 AM
  Quote Post

Half Yearly out yesterday, modest improvement in bottom line on reduced turnover.
many managment changes implemented and further improvement and growth promised for next 6 months. Interim 1.5c div held.

Initially sold down, but then the support came in to soak up what was available, i would expect it to continue to improve.

--------------------
PDYOR There is a good chance my advice is worth what you paid for it.

Barrios
post Posted: Feb 12 2004, 05:54 AM
  Quote Post

Continues to move ahead nicely, nothing rushed just steady accumulation. Up 2c on good volume yesterday.

No announcements to date to affect the price, but obviously the feeling in general is for an improvement in financial performance, a turnaround in the early stages. i guess will have to see the half yearly results (announced 25th Feb last year), to see if turnaround is warranted. Last year 1.5c div paid in MAR, and 1.7c in SEP. wink.gif

--------------------

Barrios
post Posted: Jan 22 2004, 05:10 PM
  Quote Post

MIA has been slowly pushing ahead closing at 77c today.

Yesterday U buyer (5mill order), placed at 75c. This is providing solid support and should provide the impetus for another push on.

My second accumulation level is 78c, chart is looking more positive.

I still havent done any further FA research on MIA but somone obviously believes its on the improve. wink.gif

--------------------

Barrios
post Posted: Jan 13 2004, 09:26 AM
  Quote Post

75c level finally breached this morning, looking good rolleyes.gif

--------------------

redned71
post Posted: Dec 22 2003, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

thanks barrios. I don't use F/A exclusively. I have some very helpful T/A friends that assist me in that area. I do refer to T/A before buying/selling, but you're right in my initial and main method is fundamentals. I intend to learn T/A when I retire. I don't like doing things in parts, so I want to be able to devote serious time to learning T/A.
It doesn't matter whether you believe in T/A or not. Any investor that ignores T/A is foolish imho. Reason being, is that so many DO believe in T/A, that it becomes self fulfilling. When the charts say buy, T/A people buy; when they say sell, they sell. Knowing this helps setting buy/sell prices in my own transactions.

These public boards have been of great help in my ongoing development & learning in the stockmarket. Used wisely, they are a great teacher.

cheers,

ned.

Barrios
post Posted: Dec 22 2003, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

Thanks for your reply Red, i invest in a similar method, pick out stocks that are in a new upturn from a chart scan, i often then buy a small parcel (MIA in this case), i do this based soley on chart and a brief FA overview. I then monitor the MD, with a tight stop loss, and set a second target which if reached i accumulate more. By that stage i am in profit, more comfortable with the stocks trading pattern, and i have reserached more FA on the company (i have not reached this stage with MIA yet). If the chart pattern begins to weaken i sell out, if it continues upwards i add more. I did similar with SGL, LYC,AYO recently, and yes sure i pick some duds on the first stage, but it gives me a good exposure and those losses are very small in comparison.

I realise you use FA, soley where i start with TA, but after that you become very comfortable with the company and understand where it is going.

Good luck to you.....

--------------------

redned71
post Posted: Dec 20 2003, 07:40 PM
  Quote Post

Barrios, I really look for opposite/negative views when researching any stock. I then try and answer each criticism without any rationalising on my part. If I can fully answer all queries/criticism, then it confirms my belief that I am on to a good one. If I can't, it depends how serious the issue is. It can lower my enthusiasm, or see if the company can satisfactorily answer it, or it can kill it off completely.
I make plenty of mistakes, but the stocks where I have done this "devils advocate" approach and run all issues to satisfactory completion, are the stocks that will see me retire nearly 10 years ahead of schedule.
The process be quick or it can take some months, as the stock & our information evolve. Sometimes we get in, only to find a problem later on. I either then reduce, or sell out, depending on the seriousness of the problem.
When I can't find any unsolvable problems, I just keep buying.
Best examples are BMS (originally Craton ) started 15c taken over $2.15, OXR started 7c, still going above $1, AWE 61c to $1.15, ARQ 26c to 97c. Others that are shaping up & still under review include; MPM 55c to $1.61, RSN 4.8c to 7.2c, SED 23c to 24.5c & RNG 20c IPO, then 12c now 37c. I own all of these stocks (other than BMS, which was taken over by ILU) & I continue to buy all of them as opportunity & funds permit.

In the early BMS & OXR days, there were only a few of us that really understood what we were on to. So don't be disheartened if no one else agrees with you, BUT, you must (to your own complete satisfaction, WITHOUT rationalisation), knock down all of the opposite views expressed. If you can't, then you must re evaluate your position on that stock.
That way you end up with many more long term winners & far fewer losers.

Now I have picked plenty of big losers along the way, like NWE, WMT, VNA, ERG, OIL, GYM, EGO, FAR, etc, but the good news for me, is that the losers are becoming less frequent and losses smaller. I like to think, that's due to my maturing investment system that I am constantly improving. It has also been greatly assisted by the wonderful friends I have met in cyberspace & the sharing of knowledge.

As for MIA, I retain my serious questioning of management's ability. This area has become paramount in all my stock selections.

Good luck with it.

cheers,

ned

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mongoose  

mongoose
post Posted: Dec 19 2003, 10:38 AM
  Quote Post

The chart comes up fine I did one saved as a .jpg and displays with the post but is not seen in the preview. (Dodn't display to well as I made it too small.

Barrios
post Posted: Dec 19 2003, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

No that didnt work properly, must be another way to add chart ?

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING