Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

ARR, AMERICAN RARE EARTHS LIMITED
daggie
post Posted: May 9 2008, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Yeti on Tuesday 06/05/08 09:04pm

Hello Arty,
is your chart long term or is it short term only (say weeks or months). Is it possible to have charts for long term - say - a year? This is just a general question to help me to understand a little bit more. Thanks.

Yeti
post Posted: May 6 2008, 09:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: arty on Tuesday 06/05/08 08:28pm

Thanks arty. Very helpful....

arty
post Posted: May 6 2008, 08:28 PM
  Quote Post

Sorry, friends, I'm puzzled.

ARR has taken shorter and shorter to halve the value of your investment. What is so fascinating about a share in a downtrend?
No, the company won't tell you over the phone that your money is going down the drain. But the chart does...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Sidesalad
post Posted: May 6 2008, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Rockyboy on Tuesday 06/05/08 07:10pm

Hi all.

I bought more ARR today, as far as I see it, the management is a worry however with the strategic review, the accounts receivable angle should be cleared up.

Don't get me wrong I do worry about not producing forecast cashflow (x3), but I think that they can turn this around and you only have to see what happend in the last week to know that investors are waiting in the wings and when this one moves, it really moves.

To me, to buy a stock with this amount of potential at sub 50 cents, too hard for me pass up on this op,

Rockyboy if you want to read the Patterson's report it's on the Arasor website.

SS

Rockyboy
post Posted: May 6 2008, 07:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Yeti on Tuesday 06/05/08 11:57am

Its interesting to note that Arasors market cap is at present LOWER than its accounts receiveable!!!!

Well i'm a holder and true believer who purchased at $1.68. I will buy another 10000 tomorrow at this price!

Apparantely someone called Pattersons [i've never heard of them] is placing a value on ARR of over $7.00!!!

I simply wont sell at these prices especially since only a couple of weeks ago we saw a rally to $1.00.

Surely the board are aware and concerned about their current position and need to get this new manager Mc

Kenzie to get onto this situation sooner rarther than later!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Yeti
post Posted: May 6 2008, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rickhb on Tuesday 06/05/08 11:29am

This company is a challenge.

Ha! Now that's what I call an understatement. If there is anybody awake (alive?) at Arasor HQ and you happen to read this- Your ship is sinking! Time for an announcement/explanation to your crew members or they'll all jump ship!

Not only do I hold, I topped up at 90 cents two weeks ago, thinking this had turned around. Guess I was just a wee bit too early. (Another understatement).

Still expecting this to recover though, and when it does, "VOOM!", "Feeweeweewee!" just to borrow a line from Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch smile.gif

rickhb
post Posted: May 6 2008, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: daggie on Friday 02/05/08 06:55pm

This company is a challenge. A short time ago someone posted that arasor had no where to sell their product. From the annual report they had an increase of 300% in sales. They had a black hole of $10.4m which appears to be uncollected sales. Their loss would have been $5m down from $17m the previous year if they had collected. Without understanding the technoolgy it is hard to know if they can sell their products. Their problem seems to be debt collection rather than no sales. They are forcasting a profit this year. Unless they are lying it would appear that they are heading in the right direction. The share price is so far down my option is to stay the course. When I spoke to the company a year ago they didn't say anything different to that which has been announced. Not that I would expect to be told the company is no good over the phone.

daggie
post Posted: May 2 2008, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Rockyboy on Friday 02/05/08 12:06pm

You are not wrong Rocky, when you say that lots of other people had bought for much more (mind you on the recommendation of "the so-called expert" I paid money to advise.
Too late to cry. Yes, it is hurting and the only remaining thing is HOPE that the new exec will be good. sadsmiley02.gif

Rockyboy
post Posted: May 2 2008, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: daggie on Friday 02/05/08 11:53am

Look folks be honest has any one of us not been tempted to press the sell button on this one? Wasn't it not long ago this company recieved a huge tick of approval from a major Chinese development bank to further develop their technology. I bought these at $1.68 and although suffering, maybe even less than others, intend to ride with this company. I get the feeling its run by scientists not business people. Below is an extract from announcement re appointment of new CEO; sounds good, maybe he is our only hope?

"Mr . Mackenzie brings extensive operational, sales and engineering experience in
companies ranging from innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies. Prior to joining
Novalux, where he was chief operating officer , Mr . Mackenzie was:
· President and CEO of Oxford Semiconductor , a world leader in high performance
interconnectivity solutions
· Vice President of Operations and Manufacturing for Cent illium Communications
where he was instrumental in creating one of the fastest growing semiconductor
companies in the world
· A Senior Director with LSI Logic Corporation, where he ran worldwide technical
programs and Customer Quality and Reliability
· Ran the operations and customer functions of LSI Logic Corporation Canada Inc
which he ramped the revenue from $10M to $175M in a highly profitable manner .
Mr . Mackenzie, who holds a degree in Applied Physics with high honors from University of
Strathclyde in Scotland, began his career in engineering at Motorola Semiconductors in
the United Kingdom.
Mr . Mackenzie stated: “ this is a very exiting time to become the CEO of Arasor . Under
Simon’s leadership, Arasor has grown rapidly and gained market share. With my strong
customer and operational background, I look forward to leading a disciplined corporate
structure and execution of the strategic plan that wil l drive profitability and growth.

daggie
post Posted: May 2 2008, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: auwiga on Friday 02/05/08 11:40am

Thanks auwiga for your soothing words. No, I am not a short term trader, and I didn't sell but at the same time it is very ugly what is happening to the SP.

19 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING