Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

73 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PLA, PLATINUM AUSTRALIA LIMITED
veeone
post Posted: Oct 12 2012, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: diana's post @ Jul 25 2012, 12:49 PM

Hmm don't know what happened to that post? Might have been a website problem maybe as posted eariler same day and don't recall making a second one as no real need.
Looks like plenty interested in recapitalisation going from todays announcement and DOCA in place. Time will tell and it will take quite a while. V1

diana
post Posted: Jul 25 2012, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Jul 25 2012, 11:47 AM

You're obviously a man of few words veeone? biggrin.gif

Hopefully all is not lost for us long suffering shareholders.

R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

veeone
post Posted: Jul 25 2012, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

veeone
post Posted: Jun 25 2012, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

Trading halt.....production down due to "difficult operating conditions" and a safety shutdown.....then goes on to say reviewing future strategy and viability of the mine given commodity prices.......Expected to take about a week........sometimes they take longer though given other companies that have done similar reviews over the years........Not sounding to good aye!!! V1

Knife
post Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Knife's post @ Mar 29 2012, 09:24 AM

grrr.gif 18.5c high today. If I had got back in the chart would have me out at 18c which its now hit. Hope others have had a good week on this one. A low of 5.8c on Monday high of 18.5c so far today.

Knife
post Posted: Mar 29 2012, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

One that was let go by me too early. Traded it well on tuesday and thought I got out well yesterday..... hit 14c today. Struggling a bit now but substantial profit left on the table sad.gif

anroo
post Posted: Dec 30 2011, 10:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 30 2011, 10:41 PM

Will take your word for it lol

arty
post Posted: Dec 30 2011, 10:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: anroo's post @ Dec 30 2011, 09:43 PM

Mate, if you're referring to "some small position(s) when it started to show promise" you're barking up the wrong tree.
If you'd read on, you'd know the meaning of "that was always done with a tight stop." (Belated apologies for a typo: the "67c resistance" should've read 37c, but that would've been obvious from the accompanying chart.)

The trade that I took into this FY netted 8% profit - thanks to a tight trailing stop.
The one in late July took $150 of that earlier profit back.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

anroo
post Posted: Dec 30 2011, 09:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 30 2011, 02:22 PM

And yet you invested???

What's that about a pot and black?

arty
post Posted: Dec 30 2011, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jeeves's post @ Dec 30 2011, 01:55 PM

Good question, Jeeves;

however, PLA's slide has been a steady one for two years - with a brief reprieve about a year ago.
If the ASX watchdog were to check long-range patterns, the "Please Explain?" ought to have been issued 9 months ago. Maybe, that would have given the Board a wake-up call to pull their socks up and earn their director fees. Once more than 90% of shareholder value has been frittered away, it's much too late for asking questions.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jeeves  

73 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING