Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

53 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MEL, METGASCO LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 19 2018, 09:47 PM
  Quote Post

Metgasco's latest crisis: Director ousted for alleged breach of duties
By Stephen Long
Updated about 2 hours ago
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-19/metg...ection=business
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 5 2017, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

A couple of recent notable short sales alerts rflagged by Shortma.
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=MEL
Mon 4th Dec, 2017 3,295,405 398,464,823 0.82% 9,589,243 34.37%
Thu 5th Oct, 2017 231,536 398,464,823 0.05% 222,130 104.23%
Wed 4th Oct, 2017 4,391,180 398,464,823 1.10% 2,495,489 175.96%

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

triage
post Posted: May 15 2014, 12:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ May 15 2014, 09:56 AM

Condolences to current holders (from an ex-MEL tragic).

FWIW I now rate the adverse risk of investing in resource stocks based in NSW on a par with investing in similar stocks working in The Philippines and less favourably than for similar stocks based in either Indonesia or Argentina. I've seen resource juniors - Orocobre in Argentina and Kingrose in Indonesia - run into major issues with regulators in those jurisdictions but they were able to work their way through the established processes. Neither Argentina nor Indonesia are rated that highly as places to run resource companies but from what I've seen the current NSW regime cannot hold a patch to either of them.

Not since I watched Lafayette getting shafted by corruption and the rule of vested interests in the Philippines have I witnessed such shenanigans as what gas explorers in general and Metgasco in particular have been subjected to in NSW.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: May 15 2014, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

MEL in big trouble. Today's news ....

Resources company Metgasco's plans to drill for coal seam gas at Bentley on the NSW north coast are in disarray after state energy minister Anthony Roberts referred the project to the Independent Commission Against Corruption and announced its licence would be suspended due to insufficient community consultation.
Mr Roberts announced the decision on Thursday morning, just days before police were due to be called in to break up a long-standing protest on the site at Bentley, near Lismore.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bentley-coal-sea...l#ixzz31jmAItGK

No response from the company yet. A tad surprised I imagine !

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: May 2 2014, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

Mr Hockey is not impressed by wind turbines.

TREASURER Joe Hockey has flagged a crackdown on corporate welfare, including for renewable energy projects, describing wind turbines as “a blight on the landscape”.

Cheers
J

Twiz
post Posted: Apr 14 2014, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

Bentley Blockade 14th of April 2014

http://vimeo.com/91874445

mercury
post Posted: Apr 25 2013, 01:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Mar 28 2013, 11:41 AM

quote ..".....didn't make more noise than the car gong down the road 100 meters away."

badly stated. I wasn't saying they made an equal amount of noise. What I was saying was that the car going down the road 100 meters away made far more noise. I didn't like that noise. But then I am quite sensitive , (as is my wife) to noise. We really don't like lliving on a street that has cars going by constantly. AS such, we live in a cul de sac with 12 houses, and basically no traffic. Yet the sound of the 'windmill' I could have put up with easily. it was not disconcerting. And would have become gentle background noise easily for those around.....And knowing that it powered the village made it even better. (I have told this story before.... the village people put up the money to build the windmill to save themselves grid costs. it cost them a lot, and it will take some time to get their payback. But they are content) The village is a few km from the windmill and they hear nothing....not that I could hear much standing underneath it anyway....this was in Germany , by the way)

In any case.... I like your posted reply Henrietta. Like your attitude. Like your points.
I agree, solar is the quietest and very practical. Cost is a different matter, but with electricity costs rising, I envy those people getting money paid for them to put elec. onto the grid. (I doubt the energy companies are so happy about not being able to sell them electricity....ha ha)

merc

veeone
post Posted: Apr 24 2013, 07:41 PM
  Quote Post

ERM power upped its stake to 12.83% from 7.16%...........V1

walbrook
post Posted: Mar 28 2013, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Mar 28 2013, 11:41 AM

Henrietta,
I would prefer to have a CSG well 500 meters away from my home than a wind tower 500 meters from my home.
The CSG well would most likely not be visible, it would be silent and as methane is lighter than air any leakage would go straight up.
CSG companies do not tolerate leakage as it costs them money, a recent survey of CSG wells in QLD did not find any leakage large enough to support a flame.

henrietta
post Posted: Mar 28 2013, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Mar 28 2013, 10:37 AM

Hi Merc

I really don't know. My beef is that people who complain of adverse symptoms from wind farms are pooh-hooed by the " environmental " extremists. Why couldn't there be ill effects from wind farms? I've certainly been near a few pretty noisy ones here in Australia. And I guess you'd have to live some time in their vicinity to really know.

Would I want them near my home ? No. Would I want CSG wells near my home? No.

I'm all for clean energy, as long as it is actually clean, and in no way physically harmful. In that sense, I believe that solar energy is the only viable alternative, and even then there are going to be major environmental effects when millions of solar panels become obsolete. How safe are the chemicals used in the manufacture of solar panels?

I like the idea of the massive mirror concentrators which boil water and create steam energy, but there's a fair bit of work to happen there.

The arch environmentalists won't listen to any argument that throws doubt on their point of view ....... "anything is better than fossil fuels ". I'm open to all ideas, and want some proof over time that " clean " energy sources are in fact a better environmental alternative.

Would you really be happy to live in a place where there was constantly the noise of " a car going down the road 100 meters away " ? I wouldn't.
The tips of the blades are moving quite rapidly through the air and must create turbulence and noise.

I just don't like the idea of anybody forcing their view on everybody else ....... even though it happens all the time. At least politicians can be voted out. Environmental extremists keep hanging around.

I realise that society needs activists, I just don't accept that they are always right.

Cheers
J

53 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING