Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

986 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Oct 24 2020, 05:59 AM
  Quote Post

Dec. 9th is quite late for a AGM. A reason for leaving it so late may be because they expect something to happen on the Covid Bill under discussions.
In the interview Pelosi is saying it can be done by Nov. 3rd. The unsaid caveat to that will be, only if it is on our terms so we can make political capital out of it. The risk for Trump n Co. is they lose the election and can't get anything through.

The Americans love their theatre and drama and high suspense even if its not real so don't expect this bill to pass by election day.

There is over a trillion dollars at stake. Do you really think democracy matters when you are talking these figures?

The market seems to have got it. And once it is passed the market is going to go into a frenzy.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stocks-sl...not-budging-one

In the day's first obligatory round of fiscal stimulus jawboning which just serves to justify why neither party will budge on a deal ahead of the elections despite pretending to "work hard" to get a deal, we first had House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying on MSNBC that a stimulus bill "can be passed before the Nov. 3 election if President Trump cooperates", before hedging that Trump has been "back and forth" on a deal, adding he needs to bring around Senate Republicans to back any agreement in the first fingerpointing of the day. Still, she concluded that "the president wants a bill, I really do."

In response, the White House immediately countered with Press Secretary McEnany saying Pelosi is making it harder by not budging "even one inch" on her stimulus demands.

The market read between the lines, realized that the constant back and forth means no deal is coming, and hammered both the S&P...

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Oct 23 2020, 08:03 AM
  Quote Post

Dec 9th for the AGM.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/180...0459ddef14a.htm

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 23 2020, 06:54 AM
  Quote Post

I have never heard Pelosi sound so lucid and with it as what she is in this clip. Razor sharp but still looks like she is completely whacked.

The good news is she is optimistic there will be something on the table by the election. I can't see it myself because either side will be trying to claim political capital from it if there is. She does mention that it could be after the election. I see this as more likely.

Which means, especially for my bile spewing mate loopy, Thanksgiving and Christmas comes into the frame as key dates for a biotech rationalization and an end to all the covid nonsense. It is truly amazing how a trillion dollar plus bill being passed in the US is going to be responsible for beating a virus. I can't understand how a virus can understand these things. But they must because I read it on the internet that they do.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/pelosi-op...g-short-squeeze

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 22 2020, 03:53 PM
  Quote Post

Does Trump have a last minute sleight of hand to pull a rabbit out the hat in time for his election?
He's supposed to be a deal maker. Granted he has done pretty well in the Middle East. I'm still waiting for his healthcare reforms. No deal on that front yet.

Hopefully it will be this weekend. Thats when he has an attentive audience. And only after he's put his Covid stimulus bill together with Pelosi. Now wouldn't that be something?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 19 2020, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

Who are these mysterious new investors in BNTC? No sooner does their prospectus receive Notice of Effect from the SEC then these guys turn up on the registry.

Alpha Capital Anstalt who are registered in Liechtenstein and have no website. Total mystery.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/180...30943-index.htm

Then there is the guy Packer, nothing to do with Kerry I am guessing, from Globis Capital Partners. A Japanese VC group registered in Delaware.

https://www.globiscapital.co.jp/en/about/history/

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/180...30943-index.htm

I get the feeling, now might be the time to buy some BLT.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rubra  

plastic
post Posted: Oct 13 2020, 05:50 PM
  Quote Post

Of course there is no need to mention the elections. NZ's on Saturday. America's on Nov. 3rd.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

plastic
post Posted: Oct 13 2020, 07:15 AM
  Quote Post

Other upcoming days of significance for my loopy mate to chew his cud on include today, Columbus Day in the US, later in the month its Lbour Day in NZ and if you are religious and a Shakespeare buff you will be excited about St. Crispins Day.

I'm sure the Jewish community will have something going on as well.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 10 2020, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

Just for my loopy mate, because I know he wants to know, there is only seven weeks to go until Thanksgiving and eleven until Christmas.

So `another` countdown to critical dates has started.

Who coulda guessed we'd still be here all this time later?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 8 2020, 12:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 8 2020, 11:38 AM

Why this is important is because if you pay attention to what Trump is saying, Regeneron is the wonder cure for Covid. If that is the case, and they are about to go live with widespread distribution of it under emergency use conditions, then licencing fees will have to be paid since the Merck v Integra safe harbour provisions no longer apply.
BLT, I am sure never had any relationship with Regeneron, so that puts them out of the race.

But then, is Trump really so big a moron he is going to be tweeting about Regeneron being a miracle cure for Covid when he knows full well what the commercial ramifications of such a thing would be? Only if he holds REGN shares.

He wouldn't be talking like this unless something is imminent. Maybe something for the weekend.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 8 2020, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

I don't think BLT ever had a relationship with Regeneron. Apparently it tastes good on toast in the morning.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

--------------------

986 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING