Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

RBA, RBA Media Releases
Petert20
post Posted: Jun 15 2011, 07:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 15 2011, 03:15 PM

He's Bluffing! wink.gif

nipper
post Posted: Jun 15 2011, 03:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 6 2010, 02:33 PM

Reserve Bank's interest rate policy has already been exerting some restraint on the economy for a while, according to the Reserve Bank governor, Glenn Stevens.

Speaking at the Economic Society of Australia luncheon in Brisbane he said the RBA's most recent analysis concluded that the
underlying rate of inflation is more likely to rise than fall over the next couple of years.

"This central expectation - subject to all the usual uncertainties inherent in forecasting - suggests, as we said at the time, that 'further tightening of monetary policy is likely to be required at some point for inflation to remain consistent with the 2-3 per cent
medium-term target'," Mr Stevens said.

"It remains, though, a matter for judgement by the board as to whether that point has been reached. "At its most recent meeting, the board's view was that it had not been.

"New information will, as always, be important in our monthly assessments of what monetary policy needs to do. As far as prices are concerned, we will get another comprehensive round of data in late July."

so ..... more for tightening than not, but when?? too inscrutable. any possible rise looks to be further away than previously anticipated (but you never know)

Or am I reading it the wrong way - another report:
The Australian dollar climbed more than a third of a US cent after the central bank reaffirmed more interest rate rises could be on the way.On Wednesday, Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) governor Glenn Stevens said the most recent analysis suggests underlying inflation was more likely to rise than fall over the next couple of years, and rate rises would be necessary at some point.

At 1257 AEST, prior to Mr Stevens' comments at 1300 AEST, the local unit was trading at 106.71 US cents. It shot to 107.07 US cents, shortly after his upbeat comments.

Mr Stevens said the RBA board's view at the last monetary policy meeting earlier this month was that a rate rise was not needed yet. "New information will, as always, be important in our monthly assessments of what monetary policy needs to do," he said in a speech in Brisbane on Wednesday.
those damn tea leaves

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Apr 6 2010, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

RBA has lifted interest rates again;
cash rate is now at 4.25%

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

TheFerret
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

Just trying to build up their reserves so when/if the property market bubble bursts they might just survive without a taxpayer bailout.

Livas1
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 02:15 PM
  Quote Post

Well they will be happy now.. Westpac have announced they are passing on the full 100bps rate cut (to the SVR and also credit cards).

--------------------
LIVE BIG
Embrace the moment!
Life is a journey not a destination
The only thing that moves markets is surprise...
"The wisest men follow their own direction" - Euripides
People sell stocks for many reasons, but they buy for only one...

post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 02:08 PM
  Quote Post

You have to be kidding. The banks keeping 20-30% is OK? You know they're in trouble when a labor govt goes soft on them.

--------------------
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Featured Stock Stories

Livas1
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

Very interesting that in today’s RBA release they make the comment that they are happy with the extent that the banks are passing on rate cuts to borrowers weirdsmiley.gif

--------------------
LIVE BIG
Embrace the moment!
Life is a journey not a destination
The only thing that moves markets is surprise...
"The wisest men follow their own direction" - Euripides
People sell stocks for many reasons, but they buy for only one...

blueice
post Posted: Nov 4 2008, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: beermoney on Tuesday 04/11/08 11:18am

.75% interest rate cut....................

beermoney
post Posted: Nov 4 2008, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

everyone is predicting the RBA will cut 50 pts today,i think they might go for another 100 pts cut today.

News from the US overnight was very discouraging with sales of new cars and suspect our market is softening very sharply as well.

100 pt cut would be perhaps a little aggresive but i believe we are heading to 3% official rates and quickly

marathon
post Posted: Sep 6 2007, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Livas1 on Thursday 06/09/07 09:47am

An interesting post.And here is an article from today's Australian referring to interest rates.
"Jitters as market rate tops 7pc"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...954-601,00.html

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING