Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

1637 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
early birds
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 24 2020, 09:07 AM

expecting asx200 to move up to hit 6700 ---the round number today.
all market are really hot atm.. keep longs!!

early birds
post Posted: Nov 24 2020, 09:07 AM
  Quote Post

seems they start to shift money toward EU again.

"thanks giving" is a big date in USA at 26th/11. so US market is in "holiday mood"!!

for short term [this week} long EU market might be idea??

asx200 should be long as well as we don't have much "thanks giving spirit here"!!

early birds
post Posted: Nov 23 2020, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

SPX keeps consolidating
and asx200 looks holds well as future points out another small gain today!!

as financial big mining stock heavy weighting on the asx200 index. i guess asx200 would be good relatively to other major market!!

nipper
post Posted: Nov 20 2020, 08:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 20 2020, 07:48 AM

I think the answer is in your previous post. Some of the unloved stocks (value + energy) have been sought, recently, and some of the glamorous highly priced tech and the like are losing their fans. So playing pure indexes may not work?

Rotation has taken a firm hold on the investment thinking of big global managers, according to the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch survey for November. The survey shows a net 24% of fund managers thinking that value stocks will outperform growth stocks, and a net 21% saying that small-caps will outperform large-cap stocks.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 20 2020, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 19 2020, 08:40 AM

The Bottom Line:
The SPX now is back near the top of its former trading range. While slightly discouraging, the prior trading range breakouts in 2020 weren't emphatic in the early stages either. Thus, simply holding near the upper edge of this range would be encouraging.

The SPX remains close to its Upper Bollinger Band, as well. While we don't need (nor expect) the index to ride the UBB for weeks at a time, if the SPX can respect the center line (the 20 Day MA) during pullbacks, the uptrend will remain in place.

While the Equity Put Call Ratio's 10 Day Moving Average remains historically depressed, it has oscillated between the low 40s and the high 50s since early June. It's now near the low part of that range, which has coincided with short term pullbacks.

The XLE Energy Sector ETF is at a key juncture now from various perspectives. In particular, both its daily and weekly 14-Day RSI indicators are at levels that have marked tops over the last few years.
=============================

it's Friday and SPX dropped more than 10 points as i'm typing .

asx200, to days it didn't going to the down side , got me little confused!! unsure.gif one thing i won't do is to chasing this market higher. on the fence for me today, hope you guys can give some view on the market!! tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 19 2020, 08:40 AM
  Quote Post

Germany - Like so many other European indices, the DAX is trying to form a bullish pattern after the huge snap back the last few weeks. It's doing so right under the same resistance zone that it was unable to puncture multiple times earlier this year. So far, so good...

======================

those major market will follow SPX to have some size pull back , but still really bullish--just consolidate

asx200, still think that 6475 today. as future will start at 6500 at opening bell i guess!!

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Nov 18 2020, 08:02 AM
  Quote Post

ASIC raises hell after another ASX component fails
Vesna Poljak

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has unloaded on the ASX for a second day, articulating its concern with the performance of the market's main infrastructure and warning the market operator that its licence could be hit with "further actions".

The ASX's comeback from the longest outage in four years did not go as smoothly as hoped on Tuesday and was impeded by delays, eventually resolved, with the ageing CHESS system of clearing and settlement late in the session.

ASIC's intervention invites new questions about the standard of the market's critical infrastructure and the ASX's stewardship, but the ASX is confident in its position.

"ASX will continue to engage constructively with ASIC," and "we are very confident that we are meeting our market licence obligations," ASX replied.

The regulator specifically took issue with another problem on Tuesday, related to the matching system called Centre Point, which was struck with data issues. ASX subsequently decided bids and offers coming from Chi-X, an alternative market venue, would not feed Centre Point. Normally both ASX and Chi-X data is scooped up by the system to get buyers and sellers the best price available.

In ASIC's view, it appears Centre Point wasn't compliant with the market integrity rule covering pre-trade information.

---------------------------

thumbdown.gif

asx200 will be floating like dead corpse after directionless from oversea's major markets. kinda lean to 6475ish!!

early birds
post Posted: Nov 17 2020, 08:18 AM
  Quote Post

ASX confirms it will open at 10am; Moderna vaccine lifts Wall Street

https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-markets/...20201117-p56f6j

Monday's market outage a global embarrassment

The ASX compounded its failure to keep the country's primary equity capital market open by failing to ensure a seamless transition to the alternative market, Chi-X.

https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/monday-s-ma...20201116-p56f2k

miss fortune for one is another one's opportunity...... tongue.gif

asx200

will be range between 6475---6515. my take is it will stay below 6500 ,most of the time with our cash market

going to sharpen up my scalping skill today!! tongue.gif

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 16 2020, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 16 2020, 02:21 PM

Whoops .... must have hit the button twice.
Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 16 2020, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 16 2020, 02:21 PM

Well, there you go ......... just a computer program glitch. weirdsmiley.gif

An ASIC spokesman said told The Australian the corporate watchdog was monitoring the situation, noting the issue followed a system upgrade by ASX over the weekend.

He dismissed any notion that it could be due to a cyberattack.

Maybe.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

1637 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING