Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

37 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RBC, RUBICON LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 05:23 PM
  Quote Post

Ok. So the new director doesn't want cash. Wants shares instead. Which means, expect nothing until he's voted in. There should be the normal payout conditions in a change of control which occurs during an IPO, or a buyout or a PIPE. And Hughie remains.

I don't know if there is an Arborgen competitor out there but there should be. It will be interesting to know more about it if there is.
It appears to me we will have to wait until November and humbly and gratefully give our thanks.

We live in interesting times.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Aug 16 2019, 04:42 PM
  Quote Post

Nominations for directors closed today.

Nothing changed.

Hughie is still there. His replacement is already in the house. The share price is the same. And still no AGM agenda or Tenon capital return notice.

Wtf is Hughie still doing there? As the line in the famous movie said, go home HF.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jul 16 2019, 02:36 PM

No matter how liberal you wish to interpret the phrase, within the next month, we are now left with two weeks before the month referred to is over and one month has passed since the advice was given.

What is the problem they have I wonder.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tenon.jpg ( 35.61K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 14 2019, 07:41 AM
  Quote Post

Technically, the Golden Cross was about to form which is a trend reversal signal. But, with the trouble in the C-Suite it hasn't had the legs and continues down. I have a feeling a cliff edge might be very close to being fallen over.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 13 2019, 06:17 AM
  Quote Post

Strange this guy is appointed just four days before nominations close and four weeks before the AGM where shareholders can vote on the nominations.

And just two weeks before the notice of meeting is released.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 12 2019, 06:30 PM
  Quote Post

Strange this guy is appointed just four days before nominations close and four weeks before the AGM where shareholders can vote on the nominations. Stranger too is that he has absolutely no relevant experience with trees and forestry.

He meets the criteria for independence. That doesn't mean he is independent though. In NZ, that is usually a euphemism for a yes man.

If NZ can't find someone who knows something about trees then there is something seriously wrong.

Tenon in liquidation from December 2017 and still not liquidated.

It is my guess, there is something seriously wrong at RBC.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 12 2019, 08:38 AM
  Quote Post

So the director count goes up to eight! For a dog company like this. Hughie still there even though his replacement has arrived.

So they weren't bluffing on the new director but if the only asset is Arborgen which has a future only in the US, why aren't they appointing directors to it instead of RBC. Especially when RBC shareholders have no legal recourse or claim to Arborgen assets.

Hughie said he is gone by the AGM. That's now just four weeks away unless they shift the date. Not long before we find out the big secret if there is one or if it is all a mega flop.

Tenon cap return still not made either. Got a feeling all is not well in the C-Suite.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 10 2019, 07:17 PM
  Quote Post

It's time Hughie and his hand picked bunch of cronies like Lukie Luke realized their putrid brand of business style has seen its best days and move on.

I fear history will not be kind to a man whose legacy, given the privileged life, is mediocre at best if i am to be charitable.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

Chartwise there is an inflection point coming up. It's a flip of the coin as to which way it goes. All depends on whether history repeats itself and these guys stay true to form or Junior really is focused on performance after it has been absent for twenty years. What the odds? No legal claim to Arborgen by shareholders either. That's quite a carrot.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 6 2019, 07:06 AM
  Quote Post

Could be a price capitulation coming up as things begin to leak. I have no doubt Junior and Co. would like to steal Arborgen for as little possible. Abley abetted by Hughie no doubt. And of course, according to legal precedent RBC shareholders would have no legal claim to anything Arborgen related even though that is the only reason you would buy RBC.

It is a knave who buys RBC because you are relying on the management doing the right thing for shareholders with Arborgen. Since when have Hughie and Lukie Luke ever done anything for anyone except themselves and their cronies?

Hughies legacy is going to be a rancid one.

--------------------

37 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING