Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1567 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 >   

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
jaolsa
post Posted: Jun 13 2007, 12:08 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (mattbl @ Tuesday 12/06/07 10:50pm)

i'm done for tonight........too crazy trying to follow the dax tonight......i got in a couple of good trades and a couple of bad. enough for me. i'm feeling seasick from following those manic moves.

t-bonds moved up again to 5.2, thus putting further downward pressure on the dow. i read something today....it could have been an ew article that suggested that t-bonds should now start to easing off and in turn, support a short term upward move on the market. so, continue to keep an eye on the 10 yr.

re: the xjo - not sure how good my call is, but my trendlines are giving me about a 5950 target. if that breaks, it gets a touch scary. however, if the us markets start to rally tomorrow, it may be enough to pull us up......thu, metals are still weak and aud still high. not a great combo for us.

mattbl, my three year old pucked in sympathy with your 4 y.o. during the middle of the night on sunday, leaving a lovely trail from my bedroom doorway to the bathroom. god obviously protects little children because we still love em. tongue.gif

mattbl
post Posted: Jun 12 2007, 10:50 PM
  Quote Post

Its going to be interesting to see how it pans out tonight. Metals down but off their lows, oil down a tad, gold down.
Lehman put out a super strong result and the Euro markets seemed to rally on that. After a blip upwards the US futures haven't followed and are still well down. Maybe the result was 'too strong' given the interest rate nerves.

SPI well down at the moment. I'm currently short on SPI and would love to see another sell down tonight.

Knowing my luck its that early at the moment the futures will rally, metals will recover and the market will bounce and I'll be in the red when I wake up wacko.gif

Jaolsa
I know what you mean about the kids, my 4 year old spewed up all over the couch Friday afternoon. By the time I cleaned up the mess and put her in the bath my XJO put had fallen off a cliff.
Oh well another down night tonight and I'll be able to close it out nicely.

Cheers

jaolsa
post Posted: Jun 12 2007, 04:55 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: King Baz on Tuesday 12/06/07 02:43pm

the xjo's weekly macd crossed down today suggesting that if we don't get a good night on base metals and the us, we may be in for more downside. i've been out for most of the day and was surprised to see that our market was pretty flat at close despite metals being up last night.

anyway, i'm playing it one day at a time at the moment.

cheers all.

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 12 2007, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

dow futures holding up while aussie is tanking so went long at 6240 weirdsmiley.gif

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

jaolsa
post Posted: Jun 12 2007, 12:24 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jaolsa on Monday 11/06/07 11:52pm

gosh......this game is truly about follow the leader. i have a 5min going on the dow to guide me on my quick trades on the ftse using a 1min chart. the combo has worked beautifully tonight.

unfortunately, time to call it quits for the night. i have a long drive tomorrow.

cheers and good luck all.

jaolsa
post Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:52 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Danville on Monday 11/06/07 11:38pm

took a quick trade on the ftse. thu, shoulda jumped on my favourite darling dax. but nonetheless, too much fun.

Danville
post Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:38 PM
  Quote Post

Took profits on my longs at the opening bell. Looks like a very nervous market. Really bouncing around. Good scalping if you're quick

jaolsa
post Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:23 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Danville on Monday 11/06/07 11:04pm

Kids and trading can be a tough mix sometimes
and school hols are coming up as well sad.gif and how much to you want to bet that will be when the markets decide to crash.

anyway.......another volatile night on the markets in reaction to fluctuating bond rates.

Danville
post Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jaolsa on Monday 11/06/07 08:48pm

I hate to tell you this, J - but it doesn't get any better. I missed the same rally because I was busy teaching my 7 year old how to send text messages. Kids and trading can be a tough mix sometimes

King Baz
post Posted: Jun 11 2007, 10:54 PM
  Quote Post

giving away the baby might be a sound investment proposition . . .

the mother of the baby left infront of a hospital was offered $350k appartment if she came forward.

--------------------

Regards,

KB

LIFE IS FRAGILE and as investors we have disproportionately significant moral obligations.

I encourage people to watch the DVD titled 'The Corporation' to fully understand the exploitative nature intrinsic to corporations. Then, immediately after to watch the 'Inconvenient Truth' to put it in context.

1567 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING