Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AIZ, AIR NEW ZEALAND LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: May 22 2020, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

I don't know the laws so well in this area but it could be Air NZ may become a test case in bankruptcy. It's clearly heading that way. The Americans allow companies to trade while in bankruptcy so there is no reason why Air NZ shouldn't. Also, if a company does become bankrupt I believe all assets of the company become property of the Treasury Minister ahead of liquidation with the option of restoration available.

No longer is a bankruptcy a case of game over.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 20 2020, 08:59 AM
  Quote Post

Whatever is going on behind the scenes it must be leaking like a sieve. Nothing else can explain this price volatility. It also begs the question, why no price query from the NZX? Or the ASX for that matter? Its a rigged game for sure.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 19 2020, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

The concept of NZ allowing the national air carrier carrying national identity as its livery and corporate culture to fall over is a nonsense. Been there done that. It won't happen. Long haul will be back soon enough simply because the country needs the advertising.
In that case, if the industry remains it will be the business model that gets changed.
What nobody has considered so far is the alignment of all stakeholders' interests into the bottom line. Including employees.
It is often observed that staff on every level pay little attention to the interests of shareholders or fellow workers because their main concern is their own salary/wage rate.

If the salaries and wage rates were flatter and less elastic with a tiered bonus payment made according to quarterly profits you would end up with a business model that can breath in unison with the business cycle.

The upside is enormous. No more confrontatioal labour relations. Cooperation and communications become the order of the day. Massive efficiency gains since the guy on the floor is incentivized to find a better way to do his job because it means more for him. Better customer service. A sense of ownership instead of drudgery and resentment because the mortgage needs to paid. The list goes on.
Watch this space. I am convinced every last person in Air NZ is going to be fired at some point. Then rehired on new terms. Egalitarian terms.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 17 2020, 12:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Apr 1 2020, 10:39 AM

Seriously, does anyone really believe Air NZ will be primarily a domestic carrier only?

Who is going to be the White Knight?

Who would've thought Air NZ would be the best trade of them all?
Can't be far away from hearing the outcome of those VAH talks now.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 14 2020, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

Something must've leaked.

Up 16% on huge volume while VAH goes into a trading halt.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Apr 6 2020, 04:53 AM
  Quote Post

I once watched a documentary about the aero industry with Richard Branson in it. I think he was selling his biofuels projects at the time. Making out how the present situation is completely untenable as far as global warming and greenhouse gases go. One fact I can remember from this programme was the warming of the earths atmosphere when the planes are taken out of the equation. For some reason, when all the planes were grounded during 9/11 the earth started to warm up.

With all these planes around the world grounded now, the same effect should be happening.

If it is true and it is happening, I am quite sure it won't be too long before all the planes are back flying.

The real question is, what new business structure will be in place?

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

plastic
post Posted: Apr 1 2020, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

A contemporary snapshot of the situation as it is now may mandate letters such as that put out yesterday by Air NZ.

But a static statement in a single moment of time does not account for the dynamism of the situation.

In other words, it can all change in an instant.

Seriously, does anyone really believe Air NZ will be primarily a domestic carrier only?

Who is going to be the White Knight?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Mar 20 2020, 07:44 AM
  Quote Post

Government becomes shareholders as well as financier.

This might not end well. But I can still see an out with the third party buying debt maybe for equity.

KiwiSaver funds still to make a genuine arrival.

Interesting. Definitely. Daddy G got a plan. Implementing in stages. Virus just the cover to exercise their power to put the boot in.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Mar 19 2020, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Mar 18 2020, 08:01 PM

That was then. This is now. Now is very different to then.

According to the Air NZ boss man, everything is in place and things are gonna be different. A central entity which is not the G to hold control is my bet. Perhaps across several sector leading companies and that company to list seperately. Perhaps in the US. Much like a LIC.

But M&A could still be on the cards.

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Mar 18 2020, 08:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Mar 18 2020, 07:02 PM

QAN and AIZ tried to get together some years ago iirc and earned the ire of Alan Fels.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING