Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

WVL, WINDIMURRA VANADIUM LIMITED
djp
post Posted: Apr 8 2010, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

Trying to interpret todays ann afa WVL's shareholders are concerned. I can't see where the new arrangement provides for any cash to be paid to WVL as the existing parent of the subsidiary company which owns the vanadium project. It looks to me as though WVL shareholders are screwed. Does anyone have a different take on it?

Korda Mentha are a fountain of information - I think not!

vine
post Posted: Feb 18 2009, 05:52 PM
  Quote Post

WVL in administrators hands. Haven't been down this path before. What exactly does that mean for shareholders. I know Merrill Lynch is the secured creditor, so they'll get their piece of the pie. Do you think their will be any crumbs left for the shareholders.
What exactly is the procedures that folow . Thanks for any info from those who may have had this happen before

arty
post Posted: Feb 17 2009, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

Windimurra on the brink as directors quit
Windimurra Vanadium's woes worsened yesterday when two more directors jumped ship amid fears the cash-strapped miner may have to call in administrators.
According to WA Business News from The West Australian

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 16 2009, 08:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: vine's post @ Feb 16 2009, 07:38 AM

what's the difference between a trading halt and suspension?
Simply put:
A Trading Halt lasts max two trading days; any existing buy and sell orders are retained and may be adjusted any time.
If the "issue" isn't resolved by Market Open on the third trading day, the share must be suspended; before a suspension is resolved, the market depth is wiped clear.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: vine  

vine
post Posted: Feb 16 2009, 07:38 AM
  Quote Post

What is the significance between calling a trading halt for announcement and then progressing to a trading suspension re negotiation re capital raising. Why wouldn't WVL just maintain the trading halt. Thanks for any insights

arty
post Posted: Dec 13 2008, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (arty @ Saturday 13/12/08 12:05pm)

Updated chart below, shows support. While it's still early, and the prospect of additional share placements in early 2009 could dampen enthusiasm further, the Market seems to be confident about the transition to production. At least the lower gap could come within reach cool.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

arty
post Posted: Dec 13 2008, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

Since the AGM presentation - see summary below - WVL seems to have found support in the low-mid 20's with good volume. I'm still not back on just yet, but definitely keeping an eye on its development.
In case you haven't found the presentation yet: You can download it from the ASX site at -
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/annou...sedDuringCode=M
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Nov 29 2008, 02:02 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (vine @ Saturday 29/11/08 11:37am)

Vine, I would disagree 100% about the transfer from explorer moving into producer being bad, for one Fundamental reason: Production means CASH FLOW.

Having said that, one either needs to know one's company fundamentals inside out, or research the known facts.

I know nothing about WVL, so I read the presentation on 16-11-08 with research as the reason.

Early in the presentation it said that "it will be seeking to raise capital early 09"

For me--I read no further. Raising capital early 09 is virtually impossible. I've tried to warn members about just this scenario.

Didnt read any further, it could have an undewriter already arranged, but its difficult enough for mineral producers with $40million in the bank.

Notice youre prepared for an 18 month wait, good luck with it though.

The other point, again which Ive made before, is to stick with the Big End Of Town type producing resource stocks with years of track records plus good liquidity, in the current market conditions.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Nov 29 2008, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (vine @ Saturday 29/11/08 10:37am)

good question, vine

As is usually the case, the change from explorer to producer changes the calculation basis for a stock quite dramatically - in my experience hardly ever for the better.
During the drilling phase, when good news about increased resources and promises of great profits tend to attract "hopeful" buyers, news about debt and costs during ramp-up has the opposite effect.

It is quite possible now that WVL has found a bottom, but I only believe it when I see evidence of it in the chart. The ascending triangle I mentioned in August achieved first target (nice profit cool.gif ) but that was it; since breaking below $2, it's been a Short (and no: don't blame me! I stayed out and did not short it. hypocrite.gif )
It is quite possible, albeit speculative, that the recent volume spikes help someone build a "significant holding". If that was the case, I'd say good on them - they obviously have more money and a higher risk tolerance than I do.

Disregarding everything that fundies, brokers, or raters may be saying, I'll only re-enter once the sp comes out of the downtrend. At current calculation, it would have to trade above 50c for several days (see pink horizontal line below).
If I were to "invest" rather than trade, I'd switch to a weekly chart, apply the same principles of capital and risk management, and wait for a price floor of around 80c (82.5c as of today).
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: vine  

vine
post Posted: Nov 29 2008, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: arty on Friday 29/08/08 01:50pm

What are peoples thoughts on WVL at the current price of .365. It is getting ready for production in Q1 next year and has guarantedd market through deals with Noble according to company info. I have been buying into this over the past month as the SP has fallen getting some more yesterday at .37 To me this company has potential over the next 12-18 months to rise significantly, however does anyone know of any other reasons to account for SP fall apart from the slowing down of the steel industry. I would appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING