Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

186 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 8 2020, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

Needs no comment.

From The OZ

Vladimir Putin has been urged to ban the sale of a multi-coloured ice-cream branded Rainbow because it allegedly violates Russia’s “gay propaganda” law.

Yekaterina Lakhova, an MP and the head of Russia’s Union of Women, told the Russian President that advertisements for the green, indigo, yellow and violet ice-creams could result in children becoming “accustomed to” the LGBT movement’s rainbow-coloured flag.

“I have the same negative feelings about the rainbow as I do about the swastika,” Ms Lakhova, 72, said.

She added she would consult experts to determine if packaging for Rainbow ice-creams contained “forbidden” images.

Mr Putin said action should be taken if the advertisements were found to be in violation of the law. Homosexuality is not a criminal offence in Russia but it is forbidden to “promote non-traditional sexual relations” to children.

The Chistaya Liniya company that produces the ice-creams denied it was secretly encouraging children to become interested in LGBT issues.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

henrietta
post Posted: Jul 8 2020, 06:46 AM
  Quote Post

A speeding tradie told police he couldn’t have slowed down his car because he was fighting off a deadly brown snake with a knife as he drove along the Dawson Highway in northern Queensland last month.

In outrageous, but real, vision, the tradesman, named “Jimmy”, is pulled over by police for driving 123km/h in a 100km/h zone.

“A brown snake or a tiger snake, it’s in the back of the ute,” he says. “It was in the ute with me, I think it’s bitten me.”

Tough life here in Queensland.

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

I have just about lost all faith in the legal system.

From ABC NEWS

[quote]A police officer who bashed his ex-partner in front of her son and pleaded guilty to family violence order breaches has been spared jail, after Victoria's County Court overturned a three-month prison term handed down this year.

Key points:
The officer pleaded guilty over a history of domestic violence but appealed his sentence
A County Court judge quashed the jail term, ordering the man perform community service instead
The victim says she and her children live in fear
The 54-year-old man — who was suspended by Victoria Police and resigned before disciplinary hearings — will instead complete 200 hours of unpaid community work, attend psychiatrist appointments and abstain from alcohol until his community corrections order expires in June 2022.

The outcome has left his victim Michelle* feeling "overwhelmed with guilt and despair" and in fear for her family's safety.

She claims the former officer knows where they live and drives hundreds of kilometres to her area for medical appointments.

Last month, the ABC revealed details of how investigators mishandled Michelle's case and how sensitive details about her plan to flee interstate to escape her attacker were shared around a Melbourne police station.

It is now the subject of an IBAC investigation.

Michelle's head was smashed into the letterbox of the family home during one of the horrific attacks committed by the former officer, and she said the prolonged violence left her doubting she could ever be in a relationship again.

In February, the man was sentenced to three months in prison by the Magistrates Court for intentionally causing injury, unlawful assault, breaching family violence orders and using a carriage service to harass.
Last Tuesday, however, a County Court appeal judge overturned the prison term, instead imposing a 24-month corrections order./quote]

I keep hearing about the increases in Domestic violence, and how it is a major social problem.
So when a prosecution of a violent arsehole who happens to be a cop who has misused the police database to get details of the victim, he gets a community service order.
Ya can go to jail for not paying traffic fines (particularly if ya black), but get off lightly for bashing someone.
World is completely nuts.
Mick

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 10:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 6 2020, 08:39 PM

Sounds like she should have changed her last name to Adventure.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

nipper
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 08:39 PM
  Quote Post

A social media influencer who returned to Sydney from Paris on Thursday has become the first person in mandatory quarantine in NSW to be fined for breaching a public health order after she allegedly attacked a security guard and escaped from her hotel room to buy cigarettes.

Sarah Josephine Liberty, who hosts a weekly podcast called Feminist Friday, sparked a manhunt on Saturday after she fled the Marriott Hotel on Pitt Street at about 10pm and disappeared into Sydney’s CBD.

Ms Liberty, who recently changed her last name from Thompson, was arrested about 45 minutes later at Circular Quay and fined $1000 by police.
delusional nobody. Hopefully she won't breed

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

triage
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 07:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 6 2020, 01:22 PM

Trumpy would probably want to date them too, Mr B.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 6 2020, 01:48 PM

Well, it does if (like me), you subscribe to the idea that the Congress, the senate, and Potus are plying around at the dge of what is really happening.
The big multinationals and Wall street Banks in collusion with the privately owned and run Fed reserve are the real power bases, and run interference for the mega ruch to just keep doing what they do best, screw evreything out of everyone else.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 6 2020, 01:22 PM

Business as normal.

Nothing in America makes any sense.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

balance
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jul 5 2020, 04:53 PM

Kanye West is a noted Trump supporter. Him running (if he can still register) is just a shill for Trump to pull the young and afro-american votes from Biden.
Imagine the Kardashians in the White House. wacko.gif

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

early birds
post Posted: Jul 6 2020, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.ft.com/content/45d0a047-360f-4a...ee-108f436015a1

Vlad Tenev and Baiju Bhatt, the co-founders of Robinhood, said they were “devastated” by Mr Kearns’ death, and vowed that the company would expand educational resources related to options trading, tweak the app to clearly show users’ financial exposure when making options trades and would consider adding new criteria for customers to trade sophisticated options. 
====================

RIP Alex Kearns. .

186 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING