Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

HUM, HUMM GROUP LIMITED
ShareCafe Admin
post Posted: Jul 20 2021, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

New article up.

Four Mini Bytes from the Tech Sector

Thanks

Admin

nipper
post Posted: Jul 19 2021, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

this is an unusual BNPL company .... it makes a profit. Up 8% today to $1.06

hummgroup business update
hummgroup 4Q21 transaction volume of $774.9m, up 57.3% on pcp
Record quarterly BNPL segment transaction volume of $304.9m in 4Q21, up 68.7% on pcp
Cards (Australia and New Zealand) 4Q21 transaction volume of $287.5m, up 44.3% on pcp with spend continuing to return across key categories
Commercial and Leasing transaction volume in 4Q21 of $182.4m, up 62.2% on pcp
Total hummgroup customers of 2.7m as at 30 June 2021, up 19.7% on pcp
Continuing improvement in net loss (gross write-offs net of recoveries) of $30.2m in 4Q21, down 20.3% on pcp
1,362 new merchants integrated across Australia and New Zealand in 4Q21 including strong growth in key verticals of health, luxury retail, home improvement, and automotive
Based on unaudited accounts, Cash Net Profit After Tax of $68.4m, up 121.1%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 21 2021, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 21 2021, 03:21 PM

Humm Group Limited (HUM).
... from last year: Flexigroup, which operates in the BNPL sector mainly under the Humm brand, rose almost 12 per cent on Wednesday after it released a trading update that said it now had more than 2.1 million customers across its Australia and New Zealand businesses, having added 380,000 in the past 11 months. But it has two other profitable arms in credit cards and SME lending also make it less of a pureplay buy now, pay later stock.
Humm concentrates on transactions with an average around $1,000; health, solar power and home improvement categories have become key targets. The newer arrivals concentrate around $100-150, which may be more spontaneous decisions and more frequently made.

Humm has a well trialled and tested 'credit decision' engine and a flexible payment structure that lets customers push their payments out up to 60 months.

Humm is only A+NZ focused, whereas the newer BNPL players are looking to grow internationally

Flexigroup has been in the buy now, pay later space for 20 years, and is profitable; its long history might actually count against it in a sector where agile new businesses, without legacy brands or products, arguably look more focused. It is also still in transformation, and has spent the past year consolidating some legacy products and grandfathering others. In the year to May 31, retailers have processed $2 billion worth of transactions on the Humm platform; this is a 25%pa growth.
It is interesting that FXL, now HUM, has never shot the lights out. Maybe because it has not gone for that explosive growth the other BNPL stocks are chasing?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 21 2021, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

On November 30th, 2020, Flexigroup Limited (FXL) changed its name and ASX code to Humm Group Limited (HUM).

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 29 2019, 07:05 PM
  Quote Post

Afterpay users could face surcharge
The $6 billion of buy now, pay later transactions made via Afterpay, Zip Pay and Flexi Group may soon have surcharge fees added on, because of regulator concerns other customers are subsidising users through higher prices.

"Afterpay is most exposed to this risk, in our view, given its economics relies on merchant fees. For Z1P, our preferred pick, this is incrementally negative."

read more - https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-ser...20191129-p53ffw
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2019, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

"We believe 'buy now, pay later' is a huge market, which grew 250% last year to $5.9bn in Australia alone. It won't grow that much in 2020, but we believe it will still grow by half as younger consumers switch from credit cards. It's just the beginning."

Rebecca James, CEO, Flexigroup Ltd

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 22 2019, 06:51 PM
  Quote Post

Afterpay hype is rubbing off on consumer credit company Flexigroup, which has relaunched two legacy financing products to create a new buy now pay later (BNPL) platform which gives shoppers more spending power.

Flexigroup shares jumped as much as 12 per cent on Monday after the company signed up another 12 major retail customers to the new platform, known as Humm. Retailers Temple & Webster, Bing Lee, Betta Electrical, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Jaycar, Sunboost and dental chain 1300 SMILES have joined original signatories including Myer, IKEA, Premier Investments, JB Hi-Fi New Zealand, Solomon's Carpets, Strandbags and City Fertility, taking the number of Humm partners to 15,000.

Humm, a combination of Flexigroup's legacy platforms, CertegyEziPay and OxiPay, differs from Afterpay and Zip by enabling shoppers to spend from between $1 and $30,000 interest free. Purchases under $2000 are repaid over 2.5 or five months and purchases over $2000 are repaid over six to 60 months.

Flexigroup pioneered BNPL 20 years ago but its products generally flew under the radar. Since Humm was launched earlier this year, total transactions have risen 22 per cent and transaction volumes are up 16 per cent. Flexigroup says Humm now accounts for more than 17 per cent of buy now pay later transaction volumes and 40 per cent of receivables in Australia and has more than one million customers.

Flexigroup chief executive Rebecca James said retailers were gravitating towards Humm's broader demographic and spending power to drive higher sales values and shoppers were embracing the ability to make larger purchases easier by paying in interest-free instalments.

"Our BNPL offering was the first of our suite of products to undergo simplification – merging two little known brands into one compelling proposition," said Ms James. "Humm's differentiated offering, enabling transactions up to $30,000 completely interest free, is not only resonating with both retailers and consumers, but is also displacing competitors in key categories," she said.

While Afterpay and Zip are targeting generations Y and Z, Humm is aimed at bigger spending consumers aged 35 to 55
https://www.afr.com/business/retail/flexigr...20190722-p529jr

.... hmmm?!

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 10 2019, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 27 2019, 12:58 PM

‘Systemic contraventions’: FlexiGroup investigated over alleged TV scam
The corporate watchdog is investigating ASX listed finance provider FlexiGroup over its role in an alleged TV financing scam targeting small businesses.

read more - https://www.watoday.com.au/business/small-b...source=rss_feed
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=fxl

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2019, 12:58 PM
  Quote Post

Up 18.32% currently @ $1.55. No shorting activity thus far - https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=flx
John Wylie backs Flexigroup's Afterpay challenge
Wylie's investment vehicle Tanarra Capital will pump $21.5 million into Flexigroup to support the turnaround plan of chief executive Rebecca James, who was appointed in October following a three-year period in which Flexigroup's stock more than halved.

https://www.afr.com/brand/chanticleer/john-...20190226-h1bpvq

FlexiGroup reports 1HFY19 result
New strategy unveiled

Tanarra Capital invests in FlexiGroup
HIGHLIGHTS:
• 1.2 million active customers, up 17% on previous corresponding period (pcp)
• 62,000 retail partners, up 8% on pcp
• $1.31 billion in transaction volume, up 19% on pcp
• $2.55 billion in receivables, up 13% on pcp
• Cash NPAT $31.9 million, down 22% on pcp
• Transformation Plan outlined today; significant simplification of product suite and business systems
underway
• Investment by Tanarra Capital of $25.1m in FlexiGroup by way of placement of 20,113,947 fully
paid ordinary shares in FlexiGroup at a price per share of $1.25, representing a 10.5% premium to
the Volume Weighted Average Price from and including Wednesday 6 February 2019 until the close
on Monday 25 February 2019.
• New product humm to drive growth in Buy Now Pay Later segment
o Launching with 1 million registered customers and 12,000 merchant partners
o New fashion retail partner, Premier Retail, announced today
• New channels identified including move to direct-to-consumer credit card offering in Australia

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mjwk
post Posted: Feb 18 2016, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 11 2015, 11:22 AM

Your wish came through Mick. I waited all day and bought a large chunk at 2.10. Why the big drop as the report seemed good to me.
It has been in a downtrend for some time so the shorters have done well. Could be a squeeeeezzz on soon.

R / MJ

--------------------
[font="Arial Black"]Flatout.[/font]

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING