Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

PPL, PUMPKIN PATCH LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jun 30 2009, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

I can remember having quite a debate with a youngish professional mother of three about this company. I was pointing out the model they employed didn't seem to justify the explosive growth in price because we didn't know how the company was going to perform in the mid-term.

After getting shouted at and told I didn't know what I was talking about because I wasn't a mother or the shopper and buyer and carer for children or their image, I was reminded mothers will do anything for their children.

I replied, locally it may be a cult amongst yuppie mums, because it is certainly not a working class thing, but overseas which is where the future revenues will be derived from, we don't know how the middle class demand function or the competition will respond to a new entrant in their turf. Only the next three to five years will show us that.

Anyway, I lost the argument to maintain the peace, as you do, but the proof is in the share price and now it is in the newspapers and a commercial reality.

http://business.smh.com.au/business/pumpki...90630-d2vx.html

Pumpkin Patch closes stores to stem lossesJune 30, 2009 - 8:23AM Children's clothing retailer Pumpkin Patch will shut 20 of its 35 stores in the US in a bid to reduce losses.

The outlets being shut are generally new openings that have struggled to gain traction during the recession in the US, New Zealand-based Pumpkin Patch said in a statement today. Pumpkin Patch is New Zealand's second-largest publicly traded retailer.

Rents on the remaining stores, mostly on the US west coast, are being renegotiated, the retailer said.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
PUMPKIN PATCH LIMITED

Code:
PPL

Website
http://www.pumpkinpatch.biz/

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING