Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1615 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 16 2020, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

remember the BB's rule of thumbs

"losers average losers"

PTJ

if your short-sell-the-dip idea doesnt keep dipping then dont add to the non-dipping-bid
“It's not whether you're right or wrong, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.”
George Soros

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Apr 15 2020, 09:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Apr 15 2020, 06:30 PM

it failed to close it above 5500 for the cash market. a really bearish sign to me.
we might see major market have some sorta down ward pressure next two session [[ to the weekend].

take some profit if one in the long position this far. take shorts if you are a aggressive trader like me[ more of mug trader i guess blush.gif ]

shorted SPX this far. see how it goes.... think it will pay me on Friday..

joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 15 2020, 06:30 PM
  Quote Post

#bullish
Business News
April 15, 2020 / 1:28 PM / Updated 5 hours ago
Australia consumer sentiment collapses to 30-year low on recession risks
Swati Pandey
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-australi..._source=twitter

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 15 2020, 03:22 PM
  Quote Post

So, will the ASX200 dive up , or down, in the last half hour? What a game !

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 13 2020, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

#stats
Ryan Detrick, CMT‏ @RyanDetrick 3 Although this question seemed ridiculous 3 wks ago, could the S&P 500 actually close higher in 2020? At a YTD loss of >30%, it would be the first year to ever be down that much and close green. The current largest reversal is 2009 at down 25.1%, yet closed higher for the yr.

Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  

Mork
post Posted: Apr 12 2020, 02:45 PM
  Quote Post

Attached is an update on my previous elliot wave count.

IMO we're still in a bull market off the 2009 lows.

Wave D should take approx another 12mths to complete, with the 2020 highs and lows both been tested. Whether the actual high/lows get taken out is any one's guess. I would bet that strong markets like the nasdaq will see new highs later this year, but doubt that the weaker indexes will go that far. Likewise could expect to see the reverse on the downside.

When wave D completes we will have a final Wave E to complete this bull market which could take us out to 2023 or 2024? I originally had a minimum target around 8,000 for the asx200 but in a world of limitless printing of monopoly who knows how high the market could go.

Good luck with your trading/investing and stay healthy.

Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  henrietta  

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Apr 11 2020, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Apr 11 2020, 11:43 AM

SPX level to watch next week

---------------
Price action has retraced 50% from the highs of February 20th to the lows on March 23rd! If price gets a daily close above 2800, there is no reason price can’t run to 2900. However, from here the market has work to do. Between 2900 and 3000 there are 2 levels of horizontal resistance, the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level from the previously mentioned time frame, and the 200 Day Moving Average. One can even argue that the S&P 500 has broken out of a pennant formation and targets 2980! If price can’t push higher, support is lower at previous resistance near 2640. Below that support is at the bottom of the pennant near 2435. This will be a very important chart to watch as the direction of equities contributes to the direction of so many assets, such as bonds, commodities, and the US Dollar.

---------------------------

DYOR as always!!

joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 11 2020, 11:43 AM
  Quote Post

Ryan Detrick, CMT‏ @RyanDetrick

stocks had their best week since '74.
$nya $djind $spx

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 9 2020, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Apr 9 2020, 01:04 PM

retract that call, no sellers arrived ......xjo in bull mode still

--------------------

joules mm1
post Posted: Apr 9 2020, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Apr 9 2020, 10:27 AM

$xjo 5320 looks HOD .....we'll prob head to LOD into the close to protect over passover/easter weekend

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

1615 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING