Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

CIM, CIMIC GROUP LIMITED
batikit
post Posted: Sep 14 2013, 11:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Aug 31 2013, 10:45 PM

RSI says overbought - off for now

LEI is still bullish, but i think its time for a healthy pull back now .

next support : 18.8, 18.5, 17.5
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

batikit
post Posted: Aug 31 2013, 10:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 7 2013, 09:01 AM

LEI came out of the wedge formation, and then started a ascending triangle

Fri the volume jumped and sold down to just below the $17.4 resistance , but with high vol

LEI will get out of the ascending triangle in few days time...

is this an example of volume precedes price?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

arty
post Posted: Jun 7 2013, 09:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 29 2013, 09:34 AM

It's been the former thumbdown.gif $19 left far above

Attached Image

... and it's dropping out of the ASX Top 50: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130607/pdf/42gbzlj2mg10nq.pdf

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: May 29 2013, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

Taking a long-term view (weekly chart), I see LEI at a critical s/r level.

Attached Image

It it's rejected here and drops back below $19, it's best avoided.
But a successful breakout would probably spark increasing buying interest.

(Listening to the recent presentations might supply additional "food for thought" for those who are fundamentally inclined.)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Nov 28 2012, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

How much of an impact might yesterday's crane fire in Ultimo have on LEI's sp?
Initially, it didn't seem to have any effect; but then a union spokesman started complaining about leaking diesel...

Attached Image

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Sep 26 2012, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

Adele Ferguson's article in the SMH is worth a read.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: May 22 2012, 10:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 22 2012, 09:50 AM

Sometimes it's possible to substitute foresight for hindsight. Not often but occasionally.

I suggest the middle east venture is one of those times. Can't do much about the Germans & the Spanish, it's a free world and a collapse there could see a sell-off here. But they could have thought twice about putting their toes into murky waters.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: May 22 2012, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ May 18 2012, 03:41 PM

LESS than six months after fronting a hostile annual meeting in Sydney, Leighton Holdings chairman Stephen Johns will have to do the same again today, only this time the share price is lower, there have been a few more scandals, and another round of profit write-downs and disappointments. As Europe continues to burn, Leighton's major shareholder, Hochtief, is feeling more pressure and, more importantly, Hochtief's major shareholder, Spain's Grupo ACS, which has huge debts, is badly underwater on its investment in Hochtief, and indirectly Leighton, and is exposed to Spain's imploding economy. To put it into perspective, ACS' group net debt was €10.49 billion ($A13.6 billion) at March 31, almost three times ACS' €4 billion market value. If the banks put pressure on ACS to reduce debt further, it could have a profound effect on Hochtief and Leighton, including asset sales or something more radical.

While €5.8 billion of the debt is non-recourse financing for shareholders, ACS has been selling some assets in the past few weeks to reduce debt. This includes the sale of a 3.7 per cent stake in Iberdrola, followed a week later by the sale of its stake in infrastructure group Abertis. It has also sold down its services business unit Clece to a joint venture formed by Permira Advisers.

Against this backdrop, Leighton is still trying to restore its credibility with minority shareholders after a series of disappointments in the past six months, including another profit write-down in March. Johns tried to soften up shareholders before the AGM when he was quoted as saying Leighton should never have formed a joint venture with Al Habtoor in the Middle East and warned it had become a ''long-term problem''. While it was a commendable admission, hindsight is always easy, particularly given he was not on the board when the deal was done in 2007. Not so for his fellow directors who sanctioned the deal and continue to watch it bleed red ink.

Leighton is approaching a watershed moment. How it manages its affairs and problem projects - and potential problem projects - will determine its future and its overall structure. It won't be easy with Hochtief and ACS breathing down its neck. But it would help if it had a board with more construction and engineering experience.

The importance of this was nowhere more evidenced yesterday than by Johns' statement that the company would today unveil changes to risk management, including a ban on facilitation payments. Facilitation payments that are made to an agent are not illegal if they are small and administered properly. They are fundamental to doing business in some key overseas markets. If Leighton bans such payments holus-bolus in a knee-jerk reaction to an Australian Federal Police investigation linked to a contract in Iraq it could shoot itself in the foot.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/load-at-lei...l#ixzz1vYE1uiN6

this is a mess ... but, is there a good company underneath? Possibly, but if things were a whole lot simpler, more transparent, perhaps a collection of small independent companies competing against each other .... without the ego, the empire build, the un-necessary complications of agglomeration. And a stable share registry .

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

alonso
post Posted: May 18 2012, 03:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: milroy man's post @ Jan 25 2012, 06:50 AM

It sure has been a turn around. Oh for the heady days when I could have sold for around $60 but held on for $36.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: milroy man's post @ Jan 25 2012, 06:50 AM

The trading halt is requested pending a review by Leighton of information emerging from the Quarterly Reviews and the impact, if any, such information may have on the earnings guidance set out in Leighton's ASX announcement on 13 February 2012.

For the purpose of Listing Rule 17.1, Leighton provides the following information:
(a) the trading halt is necessary for Leighton to make an announcement to the market in relation to any revisions to previous guidance having regard to information emerging out of the Quarterly Reviews which are currently in progress including, in relation to, the financial performance of the Airport Link Project;

if it's good news, it's an UPgrade
if it's bad news, it's an UPdate

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

32 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING