Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

NWH, NRW HOLDINGS LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Jun 4 2013, 06:49 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to Daggie's request:

Technically, I might put NWH on a watchlist; but at this stage wouldn't want to hold it in either direction.
Having seen that it responds reasonably well to MACD Divergence, chances are the latest Divergence may again prevail. However, as price has only just broken the falling trendline and dropped off again, I'd expect it to retest that line; which may mean another Low.

Attached Image

There are many and far more promising stocks around at this time IMHO...

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daggie  

Poohbear
post Posted: May 2 2013, 08:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Ian's post @ Apr 12 2013, 06:22 PM

The reason NWH is getting hammered is that Goldman Sachs is playing around with it and slowly divesting themselves of this stock. Notice how there is still a strong selling trend despite the health and fundamentals being strong

Ian
post Posted: Apr 12 2013, 06:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mike11's post @ Apr 12 2013, 11:54 AM

Mike 11,
from my perspective there is no reason at all other than the fact the sharemarket for small caps is dominated by short termers and sentiment rules.
If someone wants to give us all an explanation I am always willing to listen but for me its a top up opportunity.
Ask yourself, what is different today compared to yesterday.

mike11
post Posted: Apr 12 2013, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

Is there any reason why NWH is getting hammered today? RIO down 2% but don't see why NWH is down 7%...

mike11
post Posted: Apr 10 2013, 01:43 PM
  Quote Post

Some very positive info about NWH atm and current recommendations:

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/broker-alerts/1951 :

UBS rates NWH as Buy

NRW Holdings remains a key pick in the small cap mining services sector for the broker despite the slump in the share price since February. The broker considers all negatives are well priced in and the market is failing to recognise the quality of the business model. The price target is steady at $3.35 and the Buy rating is retained.

Target price is $3.35 Current Price is $1.42 Difference:$1.93 - (brackets indicate current price is over target). If NWH meets the UBS target it will return approximately 136% (excluding dividends, fees and charges - negative figures indicate an expected loss).

The company's fiscal year ends in June.

UBS forecasts a full year FY13 dividend of 18.00 cents and EPS of 30.00 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 12.68%.

At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 4.73.

http://www.afr.com/p/markets/market_wrap/n...n9wTtKyxBIHAzxH :

Broker Watch

NRW Holdings (NWH)
PUBLISHED: 08 Apr 2013 11:04:53 | UPDATED: 09 Apr 2013 15:50:05

Marianna Papadakis

Morningstar has lifted its recommendation for contract civil and mining services company NRW Holdings from "hold" to "accumulate".

The company is leveraged to the West Australian iron ore market, but is expanding into oil and gas in that state as well as into Queensland coal.

The research house said it had significant revenue from mining giants BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals Group and was in a good position to renew contracts and win ones.

Because the company is leveraged to the resources cycle it is subject to swings in profitability, meaning its earnings will be affected by the downturn in commodity prices and volumes, Morningstar said. "Margins also suffer in competitive tendering and a rising cost environment."

Morningstar has a target price of $1.80. Earnings per share were 35¢ in 2012 and Morningstar estimates EPS of 31¢ in 2013 and 30¢ in 2014.

http://www.afr.com/p/markets/market_wrap/n...DNe3XkWGohwXiOO

NRW Holdings moves from strength to strength
PUBLISHED: 08 Apr 2013 16:20:01 | UPDATED: 08 Apr 2013 16:23:32PRINT EDITION: 08 Apr 2013

Trevor Hoey

Analysts at Morningstar on Monday upgraded NRW Holdings from "hold" to "accumulate", highlighting that as well as its strong civil and mining services business, its expansion into Queensland coal and Western Australian oil and gas markets augured well for the future.

Another positive sign was the emergence of Goldman Sachs on the company's share register. Its stake of 5.1 per cent was made public at the end of March, and these shares were accumulated at prices between about $1.60 and $2.

While this may not seem such an astute investment based on NRW's recent trading range, it could be argued that the company's shares have been substantially oversold, trading on a price-earnings multiple of about 5.

NRW's performance over the past five years, which includes the global financial crisis, has been outstanding. Its average annual return on equity of 36 per cent underlines the company's ability to weather challenging conditions and efficiently grow the business.

While growth is slowing, the company's net profit of $48.6 million in the first half of 2012-13 was ahead of broker expectations. Full-year revenue is expected to be about $1.45 billion. Management has guided to a net profit of $87 million, representing earnings per share of about 31¢, which is in line with consensus forecasts.

Analysts at Macquarie have an "outperform" recommendation on the stock with a 12-month price target of $2.85. Based on dividend forecasts for 2012-13 and 2013-14 its current share price implies a yield of about 10 per cent.

It is one of the few stocks in the sector where earnings per share forecasts have recently been increased.

All sounds pretty good for NWH at the moment. One other thing that caught my attention was this reports findings:

http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com/p/blogs/ne...FtYTDga83BnQ5GL

NWH was the only company in the report that achieved a perfect score based on the crieria...Attached is the image and above is the link of the findings...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daggie  

post Posted: Feb 25 2013, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Lorner's post @ Feb 25 2013, 09:35 AM

Lorner, NWH is looking really good

Lorner
post Posted: Feb 25 2013, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

NWH is starting to look for a jump. It is trading on a very low pe and reasonable dividend. I picked up some Friday

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

post Posted: Feb 19 2013, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

Does anybody know the reason NWH is being sold down?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 12 2013, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

have joined this one today with the proceeds from my HZN sales.
Pays a healthy dividend - I expect it to keep going with such divvies.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

daggie
post Posted: Dec 19 2012, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 7's post @ Dec 17 2012, 10:34 AM

Hello Arty, 0007 and other holders - lately NWH is doing very well, but don't you think it might start to pull back soon? I wouldn't like to loose the little profit made so far. Your thoughts, charts??

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING