Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

NEWBIE QUESTION, ABOUT POSTS ON THIS SITE
cooderman
post Posted: Jul 14 2017, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 14 2017, 11:44 AM

Thanks to all the other contributors who understood my question, which was not how many hits CUV gets, and who took the time to explain some of the posting history of Sharescene to a newbie to this site. Much appreciated

Couldn't be any happier for you Blacksheep. Now what say we let it go.

But if you want to keep on about it, I'm up for it.

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 14 2017, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 14 2017, 08:24 AM

I just thought it was a strange question

Just one more question - is there a list of "acceptable" questions that one can ask on this site?

Thanks to all the other contributors who understood my question, which was not how many hits CUV gets, and who took the time to explain some of the posting history of Sharescene to a newbie to this site. Much appreciated.

Agree, nipper does a fine job and I've also been a fan of arty's TA.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 14 2017, 08:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2017, 07:04 PM

No, no more questions for me.

Like Triage says "keep asking the questions", I just thought it was a strange question, when there are more important issues than

how many hits CUV gets. No need to respond, what say we let it rest.

Mags
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 11:45 PM
  Quote Post

I agree with balance it all slowed up with the GFC. Back in 2005 -2008 I couldn't keep up with all the posts, I'd be glued to the screen for hours daily scrolling through all the posts.

Fortunately/unfortunately, Australia's economy is so geared towards property that all the 'fast' money is pouring in and out of that.

Back when this forum was booming, I used to drive home hearing the ABC finance report, and nearly every night was "new record high", and that's when the lemmings start to chuck their money in the markets.

I'm told HC used to be very busy post GFC, before the mining collapse, I never visited or joined. I hated the mining boom, because I knew what would come after it.... destroyed rural communities, mass job losses and huge negative equity. Never mind the imploded state and federal budgets, or our dollar.

It's all cycles, you just gotta learn to roll with them. Nothings static.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  blacksheep  

triage
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 11:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2017, 07:04 PM

blacksheep

Please keep asking the questions. As has been commented ss has largely gone quiet, particularly since a certain pommy poster moved on.

Don't worry about cooderman, he did come across a tad cranky to your question but he is a quality contributor to this forum. (and yes thumbs up to nip and blacksheep for their active posting).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 13 2017, 07:54 PM

Lucky for Black Sheep, I'm not a heifer then laugh.gif

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 07:54 PM
  Quote Post

An old bull and a young bull where standing at the top of the paddock, surveying the pastures.

"Look at all those fine young heifers down there, at the other end of the paddock. Let's race on down there and have ourselves one!" said the excited young bull.

"No," said the old bull, "let's just stroll on over and have them all."

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 07:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 13 2017, 04:36 PM

Hi balance and thank you for your warm welcome. smile.gif .

Yes, I've only just started to read about CUV since becoming active here and already learnt a lot. I'm more than happy reading others posts on stocks I've previously not considered, or not been aware of. That's the whole idea of visiting stock forums.

Cheers

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 07:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 13 2017, 04:54 PM

All I am saying is, being members, CUV followers have as much right to post what they like, when the like

Who is questioning their right? Certainly not me, and not anyone else that I can see.

May be the question you should ask, is why there are so few posts on Sharescene

No, no more questions for me.

--------------------

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 04:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jul 13 2017, 02:30 PM

I don't think you have upset me. All I am saying is, being members, CUV followers have as much right to post what they like,

when the like. May be the question you should ask, is why there are so few posts on Sharescene. Take out Nippers posts, who

pretty well keeps the site running, and you could count the daily posts on one hand.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING