Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

13 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ADE, ADELAIDE ENERGY LIMITED
Barra
post Posted: Nov 8 2011, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Nov 7 2011, 11:49 AM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/o...x-1226188168972

Barra
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 11:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: DAVIDB75's post @ Nov 7 2011, 11:29 AM

Suggest keeping a close watch on ICN now..Popped up this morning, but still well below where it was earlier in the year.

I think BPT's apparent haste highlights the confidence they now have in the Nappermerri shales and ICN is still sitting on a large share of the northern tenement which could represent a resource just as big as ADE's. BPT was on the front foot n court about a farm in with ICN if you recall.

Unfortunately ICN's csg ground in Sthn Qld isn't moving forward as hoped and now there are calls to ban csg drilling from the 'scenic rim'..but maybe the golden egg will be the Cooper assets they hold.

DAVIDB75
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 7 2011, 10:39 AM

Yes, buying ADE then a 'reverse' t/o of BPT would be logical strategy, if you are a major gaining long term sales would not be a problem, and the cash flows from that package would be significant well into the future.

nipper
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: DAVIDB75's post @ Nov 7 2011, 10:21 AM

the 19.9% BPT already hold would be an impediment.

Any (international) major can always buy BPT???

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

DAVIDB75
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 7 2011, 09:52 AM

What alternatives are there for the ADE board? Could they solicit a better offer from another major, who may be enticed by the high long term rewards of getting involved in the shale development? (and who has deep pockets to fund it)

nipper
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Nov 7 2011, 09:28 AM

looks like it will open above 20c - at least 40mill Buy @ 20.5c (which was pulled 10 secs before 11am opening) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- an improved offer??? Probably not

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nifty49
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bermuda's post @ Nov 7 2011, 08:44 AM

Hi Bermuda

I topped up after reading your comments at the time. Happy I did. Thanks.

Outcome was always on the cards, it is just the timing. I guess was always a steal @ 16c.

Nifty

bermuda
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Nov 7 2011, 08:10 AM

Barra,

You are quite right. These signals are there for all to see. Trouble with me I am clouded by just appreciating the FA side of things. I am so pleased that I bought into this company. Last year I went to Adelaide for the Ashes test. It was trading at about 6-7 cents then. I will sell down a few today but will hold the rest until I hear from ADE and Mr Walker.
I am not unhappy about this offer.

Barra
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Nov 7 2011, 08:04 AM

Just remembered that day a few weeks back when ADE went nuts on high volumes. Got to wonder whether that wasn't the day
BPT decided on this strategy?

Whatever the case it is proof that such volume spikes can be a signal to buy.

Barra
post Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: DAVIDB75's post @ Oct 6 2011, 11:39 AM

So ADE gets a 20 cents takeover offer from BPT...

Was hoping this would get to 50c one day...but I guess a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush in this market!

13 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING