Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

52 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RMS, RAMELIUS RESOURCES LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 20 2019, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 18 2019, 10:31 PM

Well, it didn’t take long to recover. Up 12% today.
A cynic might suggest it was just a shake out exercise..
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 10:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jun 18 2019, 08:59 PM

A piece in todays OZ business section has an interview with RMS head man Mark Zeptner.
He said that the failures of Gascoyne Resource and Coolgardie Minerals as well as massive slug on Dacian gold will make it very difficult for snaller end of Australian Gold sector to get funding for mine development.
However, the big end of town with good assets, solid management, aad good mine plans have no problems with getting funding.
He said that their five year mining plan was essentially self funded, and planned to deliver dividends in near term.
When asked if RMS were interested in acian, he talked the takeover idea down.

I guess the increased gold price might cause some of the minnows to be attractive, but it would have to be a pretty good increase.

Mick

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 08:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 18 2019, 11:08 AM

Really poor timing by Ramelius to have come out with a mediocre update.

They reduced expected FY20 production from 230k to 250k ounces to just shy of 215k and they quantified that Explaurum had done a Gascoyne with the Tampia project (only with rose coloured glasses was either Gascoyne's Dalgaranga project or Explaurum's Tampia project a real show). The market seems to be forgetting that Ramelius bought Tampia using very conservative resource figures, not the pie in the sky figures that Explaurum had been using. But anything tainted with the overstatement of resources at the moment is getting hammered.

I think it will take Ramelius to remind the market that they are extremely good mine managers before it forgives them. That and some decent drill results.
Such is life.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 13 2019, 10:22 AM

The Life of mine announcement ' seem all that bad, but RMS has dropped to 74..
Kinda hoping it will drop below the 73 cents mark which was where I sold half my stake last time.
Enjoyed the healthy profit, but if I had held on till 90 cents would have been spectatcular profit.
Hindsight, aint it great??
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 13 2019, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Sep 18 2018, 11:55 AM

In a trading halt.
Given its recently come off the 95 all time high, I suspect it won't be spectacular moves.
No big vol moves in last few days, and opening match no change also suggests that those in the know didn't see it as exciting.
Mick.

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Sep 18 2018, 11:55 AM
  Quote Post

Interesting times at Ramelius, lots of moving parts at the moment.

It appears that whether the acquistion of the Edna May operation by Ramelius was a profitable decision remains an open question. But in recent weeks they have begun acquiring a number of satellite gold prospects with the intention of feeding ore into the Edna May plant. They began by picking up the smallish Holleton project to the south of Edna May. Then, last week they launched a hostile takeover of Explaurum Ltd (EXU) to get control and access to that company's Tampia Hill development project and adjoining Mace prospect which lies about 150km south of Edna May. Ramelius is proposing to swap one RMS for 4 EXU which puts a value of about $60m on the deal. To top it off they also announced their plan to acquire the busted Marda project from the creditors for about $13m.

Today the company announced that they have decided against moving to stage 3 of the open pit development of Edna May but instead they will focus on much higher grades available underground. This option means a much reduced capital cost in developing Edna May but also means that they have heaps of spare capacity at the EM plant (thus leading to higher operating costs per ounce produced). Clearly they intend to haul lower grade ore from Marda and hopefully Tampia Hill to mix in with the ore coming from EM underground and the adjacent Greenfinch open pit (yet to be approved and developed).

Also today they put out their 2018 (as at 30 June) Resources and Reserves Statement which shows total resources of about 3.5m oz at 1.5g/t and total reserves of about 700k oz at 1.6g/t.

All looks promising to me: heaps of cash, heaps of reserves, heaps of development and production options, no debt, managers that keep underpromising and overdeveloping. They need to get the Explaurum deal over the line but it is not a mortal blow if they do not.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

triage
post Posted: Sep 19 2017, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jul 26 2016, 09:44 PM

Finally management find somewhere to spend some of that cash. I don't know much about the Edna May operation but I suspect that Ramelius benefitted from being able to offer Evolution $40m cash upfront to it over. Some on hc are saying that Edna May was a marginal operation and Jake Klein has dudded the Ramelius team. Maybe.

But my own view is that I'd rather have them trying to make a go of two mining operations than for them to have one operation and a stack of idle cash. In addition to there being talk of an additional area at Edna May that may be mineable I'm hoping that Ramelius will hoover up some smallish stranded gold fields in the Edan May surrounds much as they did with Kathleen Valley and Vivien feeding into Mt Magnet.

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Jul 26 2016, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jeeves's post @ Jul 26 2016, 05:48 PM

jeeves

Yeah it's a bit of a mystery. Everyone on hc seems to be playing pin the tail on the donkey regarding what the management need the extra dough for. The management's stated reason of needing it to speed up a few things around Mt Magnet strikes me as a bit feeble seeing as you say they already have heaps in the kitty. I can only think that they have their eye on an asset and think that it is better if they offer cash.

I know lots of holders are dirty that the company appears to be empire building rather than paying dividends but personally I do not invest in speculative juniors looking for income. RMS, like most goldies, has had an amazing price recovery but it is still a long way down from its glory days just after the gfc.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jeeves  

jeeves
post Posted: Jul 26 2016, 05:48 PM
  Quote Post

Have to wonder why on the same day they announce a quarterly with having almost $50M in cash, no debt and undrawn facilities of $10M operations generating heaps of cash they go and dilute existing shareholders with $25M placement at 50c. Yes the VWAP 20 price was only 52.9 the price over the preceding 10 days was significantly higher. Jeeves

surfer
post Posted: Feb 9 2016, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

9 February 2016

For Immediate Release

HALF YEAR PROFIT GUIDANCE & FORWARD GOLD SALES

• Profit guidance for six months to 31 December 2015 of A$28.7 million

• Additional forward gold sales of 60,000 ounces at a forward price of A$1,600/oz

Half Year Profit Guidance FY2016

The Directors of Ramelius Resources Limited (ASX: “RMS”) are pleased to advise that

the Company is expected to report a half year pre-tax profit for the six months to 31

December 2015 of A$28.7 million. Gross margin generated from operations for the half

year is expected to reflect a surplus of A$25.5 million, an improvement of 231% from the

A$7.7 million surplus in the previous corresponding period.

Ramelius advises that the pre-tax half year profit for 31 December 2015 is based on

internal management accounts and subject to completion of the half year audit review.

Forward Gold Sales

The Company has forward sold an additional 60,000 ounces of gold at a flat forward

price of A$1,600 per ounce. The gold price achieved enables Ramelius to secure a solid

margin at a time of high price volatility. Total forward gold sales now represents ~50% of

production compared to ~40% previously and extends over 2 years to December 2017.

Ramelius Managing Director, Mark Zeptner today said:

“The half year financial result supports the Company’s claims of continued

operational improvement, with a steadily performing Mt Magnet gold mine,

combining nicely with high margin production from the Kathleen Valley operation

near Leinster. It is also particularly pleasing that the Company has been able to

complete the upfront capital development of the Vivien project both without drawing

down on the finance facility and increasing our cash balance all the while.

The additional forward sales are in line with our risk management strategy by

delivering a portion of cash flow certainty whilst retaining exposure to gold price

upside. Locking in a A$1,600 per ounce forward sales price secures a robust

operating margin at a level that has only been seen a handful of times over the past

few years.”

52 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING