Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

324 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

OIL, OPTISCAN IMAGING LIMITED
trisail
post Posted: Nov 17 2014, 02:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mulgoaman's post @ Nov 17 2014, 01:03 PM

I have had mine in the bottom draw for many years now. Bought first in 2004 but still have them owing 22c so a lot of work to do before I have a silly grin. wacko.gif

Insiders must know something when you look at the strength of the buy side.....and for sure a speeding ticket has to be on the way.

mulgoaman
post Posted: Nov 17 2014, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: trisail's post @ Nov 17 2014, 11:09 AM

Yes Trisail, having wound up my Super Fund in February, 2012 and then buying back in, I topped up in July 2012 and also in October, 2012.

These all averaged out at 10.8 cents per share and today's run only brings me back to the starting line.

It' a wonder there hasn't been a speeding ticket from the ASX. You would think that all the activity can't be attributed to the announcement released on Friday morning.

Wondering also if Dory has given up on OIL - haven't seen a post here for quiet a while.

MM

trisail
post Posted: Nov 17 2014, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: SAM172's post @ Nov 17 2014, 10:46 AM

Well bless my giddy Aunt, Sam......I think this might just be the real deal. Takeover? I certainly hope so though saddened by the idea of more original Aus tech being taken away due to the familiar and lamentable lack of interest here in Australia. Todays price though, only equals the price set for the Nov 2009 Cap raising which was the last I took a slice of, and then only to average down.

SAM172
post Posted: Nov 17 2014, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

So...what's the good OIL ?

Another 'false dawn' angry.gif or this one is for real ? stun.gif

--------------------
Uncle Sam

SAM172
post Posted: Jul 14 2014, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

According to the latest announcement, company FUD raising is on - none of Wikipedia choices below fill me with confidence....

Fud or FUD may refer to:

FUD (food), a Mexican brand of cold cuts and hot dogs
Fear, uncertainty and doubt, a marketing or political strategy
Female urination device
Fully undetectable

--------------------
Uncle Sam

mulgoaman
post Posted: Nov 6 2012, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

Hello to those still holding and hoping,

I had a look at the slide presentation given by Angus Holt for the Australian Life Investment Summit which was held last Friday. (see the company's ASX announcements).

Management seems to be getting more confident these days - a presentation in September, an interview with Wholesale Investor in October and now this one. Encouraging words being mentioned on all occasions by Mr. Holt regarding the Optiscan story thus far and into the future.

I did wonder about the logic behind slide 5 of the most recent presentation however. This is showing that $95million has been invested in funding sources into the company in its 15 year history. But as the company has (at 30th. June, 2012) accumulated losses of $46million and total equity of only $300,000 its hard to see where this investment has gone. No doubt the R. & D. expenses (which are written off and not capitalised) account for much of it. So if the $95million investment in the company is re-cast as to reflect the $45million of shareholder funds (contributed equity) and therefore something in the order of $50million of patents, copyrights etc., can we now look to sell the company for the $50million. On a return of capital to shareholders that's $1.10. I'll settle for $1 a share.

Otherwise trisail will be holding for another decade before the potential is realsied.

And I do wish the company would acknowledge emails - two sent (September and October) and no reply.

MM

mulgoaman
post Posted: Oct 29 2012, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

I don't know if this is better posted on the Optiscan thread or maybe on "A Little Friday Humour". But if you want a chuckle, go to the Optiscan web site and the Home Page. The page leads with 'Latest News' and at the top is the Optiscan CEO Interview. Go into this and play but also hit the red button for captions (English translation). Have a watch and a listen.

But while it's a chuckle, it's also somewhat serious if management can't get these things right. I did send and Email to Optiscan pointing out the problem. This was over a week ago but no acknowledgement was forthcoming from them and also no correction has been made to the video.

MM

trisail
post Posted: Sep 18 2012, 06:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mulgoaman's post @ Sep 17 2012, 09:22 PM

MM....I have been waiting in hope since early 2004. My children have left school and now have careers and I have morphed into retirement waiting for this company to somehow capitalise on its potential. Unfortunately, if OIL was a horse we would have shot it long ago.

Mac

mulgoaman
post Posted: Sep 17 2012, 09:22 PM
  Quote Post

I see where Optiscan released a "Presentation" today. Looked quite impressive, but there didn't seem to be any information as to whom the presentation was to be presented to. Is Optiscan having a roadshow? Are select brokers coming around for morning tea and a promotional chat? Maybe it was just put out there for a financial writer to pick up on and to write some nice things, or perhaps it was designed to give a little encouragement to the long suffering, very patient shareholders in the company.

I had a look in on the the company website and as at 9pm. (17/9/12) nothing is shown on the homepage under "Latest News" which is where I thought it would also get a mention.

Still waiting in hope.

MM

mulgoaman
post Posted: Aug 21 2012, 09:27 PM
  Quote Post

And a follow up to the S.M.H. article this morning:

Optiscan made an announcement to the ASX late this afternoon (6.20pm) pointing out that 60,970 shares were acquired by Mr. Holt's company on 13th. and 14th. August and that those share purchases are in breach of the closed period under the company's Share Trading Policy. The announcement says that the Board will review its Governance processes accordingly.

No mention though of the 370,000 shares acquired on 19th. & 20th. June which preceded the announcement on 21st June, of the $800,000 Zeiss order.

I think we need another ASX announcement to tidy this all up.

MM

324 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING