Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AEJ, REDBANK ENERGY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 23 2018, 10:52 PM
  Quote Post

On 25 August 2016 Redbank Energy issued the following statement to shareholders via the ASX. "In response to shareholder enquiries, Redbank Energy Limited (ASX: AEJ) (REL) wishes to provide the following market update. Unfortunately, REL will be removed from the ASX official list on 29 August 2016. The immediate catalyst for delisting will be the non-payment of the 2016/17 ASX annual listing fee, which falls due on 27 August 2016. The reason for REL not paying the 2016/17 ASX listing fee is because REL will automatically be suspended on 9 October 2016 due to continual suspension." Redbank was subsequently delisted from the close of trading on Monday, 29 August 2016.

On 10 April 2018, Fairfax Media announced that the power plant could be restarted in Q1 2019 to provide cheap off-the-grid power for blockchain mining applications
...and now it's going to host a data centre!? ...the power station, that is. As to the corporate entity,?

(And if you want a troubled past and convoluted, marginal proposition, going forward (!) look no further)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

energywise
post Posted: Mar 9 2015, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

Does anybody have any idea how long it takes from when an indicative offer is made (as with this company on 27th feb) until the deal is or is not done. Is there a timeframe involved in these things? blink.gif

ShareScene.com
post Posted: May 31 2011, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

TO: REDBANK ENERGY LIMITED (AEJ)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Apr 6 2011, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

(AEJ)

TO: ALINTA ENERGY LIMITED
(AEJ)

Thank you
Sharescene.com

wagalucci
post Posted: Mar 17 2011, 09:26 PM
  Quote Post

After todays announcement ...... and to think that I paid $2.80 for the shares when they broke up Alinta a few years ago. Someone got it wrong.

bam_bamm
post Posted: Sep 21 2010, 01:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nash's post @ Sep 21 2010, 01:04 PM

almost bit the bullet and averaged down on friday.
kicking myself i didnt sad.gif lol

--------------------

nash
post Posted: Sep 21 2010, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Sep 17 2010, 02:39 PM

major security holder
has provided principle support.. graduated.gif
to alinta energy group...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  aej.pdf ( 77.98K ) Number of downloads: 124

--------------------

[center]1 perfect day[/center]

bam_bamm
post Posted: Sep 17 2010, 02:39 PM
  Quote Post

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/future-fun...c-1225925151140

i still hold...and hope..

--------------------

fitnfam
post Posted: Jan 28 2010, 10:38 AM
  Quote Post

AEJ minus $440 million of bbi debt accruing 11.7% interest = $48 mill extra interest saving per year
that heatwave must have sent power prices skyrocketing for a short period of time in dec/jan?i hope they were poking out the power(they weren't last year)
Average cost of $2850 mill was 8.45% now down to around 7% each 1% =$28.5 mill interest saving
retail gas prices went up 20% i believe.
at $700 value per customer for a retail power co (28000 customers) they just paid $5 Million for remaining 50% of = worth around $20mill if sold(not a bad investment half price)
No wonder BBG wanted some equity to go with it and it leaves them as a possible deal stopper in a full takeover with 15% of the shares.
Gas cost rise(ongoing loss reducing) will all be out in the wash by 2012,the same year the finance is due for renegotiation.
It looks like maybe alinta finance may generate enough to meet that 18 month deadline to pay down $250 mil without a hit on investors.
let alone what they may generate from their retail sales in victoria or make at redbank if they can keep it running.
Its obvious the accountants realise if they start breaking it up everyone looses.
Lets hope it has a bumper year to pull it ahead
at $288 mill guideance and say 7.5% int cost ($220mill) that leaves $68 mill to pay down banks
Now buying at 8c (808,000,000 shares) and company debt down $440+$68M = a 62cent per share improvement in the business at no taxable cost to me.
Its all in how you look at it -i could be wrong and liquidation could only be a step away
However who doesn't think the current management are doing wonders with their back against the wall.

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jan 18 2010, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

Renamed by request:

BABCOCK & BROWN POWER (BBP)

TO:
ALINTA ENERGY GROUP (AEJ)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

16 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING