Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

THR, THOR MINING PLC
pukin
post Posted: Jun 29 2009, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: boston's post @ Jun 28 2009, 01:48 PM

Boston.... definately wouldn't say upbeat.

THR needs finance. Simple as that. The GFC sure hasn't helped there.

Until then I really am not holding my breath. Only other catalyst would be if we have another massive Uranium run, or a neighbour finds something massive.

boston
post Posted: Jun 28 2009, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: pukin's post @ Apr 6 2008, 11:30 AM

Pukin a few months has past on this one.....still upbeat?

Have thought of the tax loss to be honest.

pukin
post Posted: Apr 6 2008, 11:30 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Gordon Geko on Sunday 06/04/08 07:07am

The current share price is because of the Opes Prime dumping of shares.... according to the announcement 4.5% of holdings were through Opes. This is about 6.4m shares.

We have seen maybe max 2m sold on open market so far. So until the rest of those are dealt with the share price will be capped.

That means the current share price is not in a "ordinary" environment and I expect once this Opes debacle is over that the share price will finally be able to return to what is reflective of having signed the offtake agreement.

Project finance granted and this one won't look back.

Gordon Geko
post Posted: Apr 6 2008, 07:07 AM
  Quote Post

hehehe....not according to the current stock price it aint smile.gif

watchmaker
post Posted: Mar 12 2008, 11:55 AM
  Quote Post

It has happened, Thor Mining is now in business

AN offtake agreement has been signed between Thor Mining and Chinese industrial investment group CITIC

TerryA
post Posted: Mar 4 2008, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

Following courtesy of "nuro" from that other place

http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlene...takeaway/1.html

'March 03, 2008

Thor Mining Waiting For Chinese Takeaway

By Rob Davies

Patience is a vital ingredient for small company manager and John Young, chief executive of Thor Mining, needs plenty. He told Minews that he is waiting to finalise the details of an offtake agreement with an unnamed Chinese company that will take the molybdenum and tungsten concentrate from his Molyhil deposit in the Northern Territories east of Alice Springs. This time last year his company all but had a deal with Hunan Nonferrous Metals Holdings in the bag, but the Chinese company pulled out in April 2007 after deciding that the deposit was too small. That meant the hunt for an offtake agreement had to start all over again. And after many visits to Beijing and much negotiating John is confident that an agreement will be signed in the next few weeks.
Hunan might think the deposit is too small but the reality is that there aren�t that many tungsten deposits to choose from. Molyhil has a mining reserve of 2.15 million tonnes grading 0.49% tungsten (WO3) and 0.22% molybdenum (MoS2), all of which can be accessed from an open pit. That figure was determined in August last year following an extended drill campaign which also increased the resource figure to 3.73 million tonnes at 0.51% combined tungsten and molybdenum.

While not massive, that�s not to be sneezed at and when you look at the potential return the numbers really get quite juicy. On a capital cost assumption of A$71 million and an operating cost per tonne of A$76, the project will generate an operating cash flow of A$116 million. Those numbers are based on a 400,000 tonne per year production rate and prices of US$32 per pound for molybdenum and US$240 per metric ton unit for tungsten, and factor in a 10 to 15 per cent discount for concentrate. The plan is to freight the concentrate by road to Adelaide then take it by sea to China where it will be refined. That might seem a long way to haul concentrate but at 51% it�s a pretty high grade and valuable material.

As soon as John gets the offtake agreement signed he will be out raising money to build the mine. Bearing in mind that Thor is only capitalised at �7 million that will be quite a task to undertake. However, he says he had offers before Christmas so he is optimistic. Almost as difficult is sourcing the equipment needed to build the mine, with lead times for some items stretching out two years. John has located a second-hand ball mill which could be refurbished in eight months and he thinks that the plant could be built in twelve months. One thing he will be doing is building in scope for a ten to twenty per cent expansion which could ultimately generate significant unit cost savings. As he points out, the mine plan at the moment is only for open cut, when in fact the additional resource could be exploited from underground.

Molyhil is the company�s most important project but it is also exploring for uranium in the Harts Range and at Bundey River not far from Molyhil. In the Harts Range it�s waiting on permission to do RC drilling at Daicos where it has a pegmatite prospect. At Bundey River an EM survey generated good targets and an RC drill rig is now required to get through the clay and test it. Interesting as these are, it�s the decision from China that John, and his shareholders, are waiting for.'

Regards,

TerryA (who holds and waits !)

pukin
post Posted: Feb 28 2008, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: emu on Thursday 28/02/08 09:14am

I am still watching.... and am getting tired of waiting for them to do something!!! I think I am right that they and TNG have the same office over in Perth....

Maybe they are having a competition to see who's share price can do the worst!

weirdsmiley.gif

arminius
post Posted: Feb 28 2008, 07:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: emu on Thursday 28/02/08 09:14am

i havent put this in the bottom drawer...its gone down into the back shed under the dusty tarp among the cobwebs.

emu
post Posted: Feb 28 2008, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

You're not alone Terry. I've been holding since Oct 07 (waiting for a miracle). Agree there are no stunning revelations in the ann. Guess they had to say something in their Half Yearly even at the risk of repeating themselves.

TerryA
post Posted: Feb 28 2008, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

Greetings to all, although it seems I may be talking to myself;

Half Yearly Report issued;

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20080228/pdf/317qdk5q4j6z6f.pdf

To me it says nothing that we did not already know and there appears to be no real progress or developments in the past 6 months.

Perhaps others will read it differently and I look forward to their comments.

Best wishes,

TerryA

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING