Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

82 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

VOR, VOYAGER RESOURCES LIMITED
nifty49
post Posted: Jul 19 2014, 09:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dave Wane's post @ Jul 18 2014, 10:55 PM

I am in the same boat!

Dave Wane
post Posted: Jul 18 2014, 10:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dhuy's post @ Dec 7 2012, 07:24 PM

Held VOR for ages, many years, in fact. Hope they find something soon. Lost plenty since I first bought some.

Dhuy
post Posted: Dec 7 2012, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Feb 27 2012, 01:13 PM

Mongolia is a great place to invest in, there a places with far higher risk. Drilling has recommenced after weather stoppages. IMO this stock will surprise many and ahs already displayed very promising assays.

ATM I regard VOR as a very low risk entry now and have been taking positions accordingly.

mercury
post Posted: May 3 2012, 08:55 PM
  Quote Post

No interest here.

Stock has almost no money in the bank. Capital raising must come soon or a JV partner.

My opinion.........yours?

Merc

mercury
post Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:13 PM
  Quote Post

Not much written about VOR lately. Stock has risen and languishing around same price as at last entry....Aug last year.
What is the feeling presently about this company? Is it that being in Mongolia is not a good place to deal with government?
Can't understand the valuation at present.
Merc

veeone
post Posted: Aug 30 2011, 11:43 AM
  Quote Post

Well must have been a slow news day now the papers have it!!
Poster got more than their 15 minutes of fame!!!
I took the heat out of the copper to please mods as i know how they dislike the competition mentioned......... well not sure its really competition if you know what i mean. On another note market liked this mornings news!!! V1

Ronny2011 shuts down trading in miner
AAP
A fake drilling result on a popular stock market chat room has forced a mining company into a trading halt and has the corporate watchdog hot on the heels of the perpetrator.
The mysterious posts by Ronny2011 forced Voyager Resources, with a market value of $94 million, to go into a trading halt on Friday morning.
Who is Ronny and how did he (or she) achieve this? Ronny2011 joined the popular Copper internet stock market chat room last week and posted what he claimed were latest drilling results from Mongolia before they had been released to market.
The highly impressive copper-silver results did indeed impress the market.
Fifty eight million shares traded hands and the company's shares shot up about six per cent in under an hour before website moderators deleted the suspicious post.
The results were fake and Voyager remained in a trading halt on the Australian Securities Exchange for all of Monday.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) have been provided with Ronny2011's internet protocol (IP) address and may charge him (or her) with fraud.
All Ronny2011 did was edit an old Voyager production report and anonymously post a link to it in a chat room to shut down trading in shares valued at millions of dollars.
Voyager chief executive Kell Nielsen described the events as damaging for the company, which was due to release its actual assay results this week. "I guess we're a little bit in shock about it all," he told AAP. "At best you can describe it as mischievous, at worst you can describe it as outright fraud and deception.
"My feeling is, that with some of the stuff ASIC will prosecute a director over, they should really seriously have a look at this as well."
It is not the first time the website, which attracts thousands of posts and rumours about the stock market a day, has attracted adverse attention.
Datamotion, a data security company, successfully sued Copper user Graeme Gladman last year.
He had to pay company director Ronald Moir $30,000 in damages for defamatory comments, in what was described as a landmark case for companies to protect their reputations online.
Copper's managing director Greg D'Arcy said he had passed on Ronny2011's IP address to ASIC investigators and thought the company did the best it could.
The website has 10 volunteer moderators and members can also flag posts they believe are suspicious to alert the moderators.
"We have pretty good affiliations with ASIC, they have direct log-ins to Copper, they see what I see in terms of what's going on," he told AAP.
"We informed them pretty well straight away, we get 6000 posts a day.
"It's a live blog so a very few individuals can try and ruin it for the rest."
ASIC would not comment other than to say that it would be vigilant in monitoring "the many conversations happening in the market to ensure fair trading practices."
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-busin...0829-1ji6l.html

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nifty49  

veeone
post Posted: Aug 29 2011, 07:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Aug 29 2011, 04:28 PM

It was a one post wonder so maybe hard to trace the person that did it. Joined two days before the post.
Certainly got people talking! V1

nifty49
post Posted: Aug 29 2011, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: fraz2's post @ Aug 29 2011, 02:23 PM

Interesting! More to follow perhaps?

Nifty

fraz2
post Posted: Aug 29 2011, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

INCORRECT MEDIA/UNAUTHORISED POSTING
The Company has become aware of an internet chat room posting on Hotcopper which it would like to clarify. The posting purports to represent assay results from the Company’s KM Copper Porphyry Project in the South Gobi Region of Mongolia.
The Company confirms that the announcement is incorrect. The Company has not authorised or approved the information contained in the posting (which purports to be an ASX announcement dated 26 August 2011).
On becoming aware of the posting, the Company immediately requested a trading halt in its securities and had the posting removed by the site moderators. The Company understands the matter is now with the regulators.
The Company believes confirmation that the posting is incorrect and unauthorised to be material. The Company is and remains in compliance with its continuous disclosure obligations.
The Company expects to release a drilling update prior to market

--------------------
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

diana
post Posted: Aug 26 2011, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Aug 26 2011, 11:56 AM

Thankyou chaps. If they're anything like the others announced in recent times and by the looks of the news leakage, more good news. biggrin.gif
R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

82 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING