Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RFG, RETAIL FOOD GROUP LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 03:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 9 2019, 03:28 PM

RFG is telling suitors it has a new partner, so why not let the market know?
The big question is at what stage does continuous disclosure kick in? Share prices generally don’t soar for no reason so who knows what and has there been a leak?

The Age and Sydney Morning Herald can reveal that RFG and KordaMentha’s restructuring arm 333 Capital have been holding talks with a number of funds, local and global, about a possible debt and equity rescue package
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/r...709-p525j5.html
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 9 2019, 03:04 PM

At least with these sorts of companies, it's possible to do a bit of reconnaissance, check out the locations, offerings, foot traffic, staff levels/ competence/ engagement.

..... sadly it's a NO from me.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

alonso
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Jul 9 2019, 10:43 AM

I can't honestly remember if I dipped my toe in this nipper, but if I did I think I probably pulled it out pretty damn quick.

But there are probably some who don't remember or never knew the hassles.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

terrine
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 8 2019, 04:22 PM

SPEEDING TICKET

seems the ASX is asking the same question

nipper
post Posted: Jul 8 2019, 04:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Jul 8 2019, 12:40 PM

In an interview with News.com.au on Friday, the chairman Peter George said he “can’t change the past” but was working “feverishly” to fix things for the group’s remaining franchisees and shareholders after a series of lawsuits, investigations and scandals.

Mr George spoke of his trimming of the company’s senior management, and repositioning of the company under a “customer-first ethos”.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

terrine
post Posted: Jul 8 2019, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

WHATS GOIN ON???
Broader market down 70 pts and RFG up 35% on good trade

nipper
post Posted: Nov 29 2018, 03:10 PM
  Quote Post

Retail Food's performance 'unsustainable'
New Retail Food chairman Peter George says the beleaguered franchisor may have to raise new capital as well as cutting costs and selling assets to urgently reduce debt.

--------------------

terrine
post Posted: Nov 7 2018, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

Confirmation of Peter George as exec chair, good or bad? - previous PMP MD/CEO.I previously held PMP over many years and took a bath of an Olympic pool size proportins long before his tenure,
not his fault but after he left PMP 12 months ago the PMP shareprice has fallen nearly 80%.
He has a 12 month contract and not a young man (no disrespect) the board still need to look for long term people with trade experience.
having said that the fast food area is the fastest growing sector of retail, have a look at your local shopping centre.They have made a monumental f/u in the past but there is upside here I believe.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 10 2018, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

Retail Food Group has embarked on a potential sales process for some of the best assets in its portfolio — Crust Gourmet, Pizza Capers and Donut King — as it buckles under pressure from its hefty debt load..... RFG describes Pizza Capers as a franchise with stores throughout Australia and plans to expand internationally, while Donut King also has stores Australian-wide, as does Crust.

The company, which is also the franchisor to other brands such as Gloria Jean's, Brumby's Bakery, Michel's Patisserie and Di Bella Coffee, told the market in June that its lenders had agreed to waive its debt covenant conditions for the 2018 financial year, subject to reporting obligations. RFG added that the company was "assessing a range of alternatives" to reduce balance sheet leverage, inclusive of potential asset sales.

The group is on track to report a 2018 financial year loss of $87.6m, following impairment charges.... Some analysts believe the future of the group is hanging in the balance, with its overall value now less than what it owes to its lenders....
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/d...ea1c498df36a753

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 21 2018, 07:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 20 2018, 12:24 PM

One or two then came to the same conclusion - spam mad.gif unless it's authorised/paid for spam from Sharescene?

Question - why is a company based in Las Vegas USA bothering to spam stocks on lil'ole Sharescene? Maybe they tried HC and were given the cold shoulder - HC only like paid advertisers posting on their site. Haven't we (in Australia) got enough stock promoter sites wacko.gif Do we need any more? What if they all spammed this site with their articles?

Interesting when you do a google search of the owners of this site -CRWE WORLD is owned and operated by Crown Equity Holdings Inc. (OTC:CRWE) - http://www.crownequityholdings.com/about.html

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: myshares  

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING