Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

GGG, GREENLAND MINERALS AND ENERGY LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 10 2018, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

Extract from research report linked below - under heading of "Consider a European mining industry" page 18.

GGG has it's Kvanefjeld REE project and, together with Chinese Shenghe, are considering a staged development of the project. This would see initial downstream processing take place in China

Despite the fact that critical metals are barely extracted in Europe, the continent is home to several reserves: most notably in Greenland and Sweden. Kvanefjeld (Greenland) is an area that could supply an annual amount of 31,000 tonnes of rare earth oxides (REO), for a period of 33 years. For comparison: the current annual global production of REO is about 130,000 tonnes. This area contains mainly light rare earth elements (LREE), such as neodymium, but also uranium and zinc. Nora Kärr (Sweden), another area with reserves, could produce 6,800 tonnes REO annually, of which 3,600 tonnes would be heavy rare earth elements (HREE). This mine could produce about 15% of the annual global demand of dysprosium.16These mines are currently in the development stage: it could take several years before these mines actually produce any raw materials. Moreover, it is important to not only extract ores, but also develop a refining industry to refine the metals and process them into the technologies we need. This aspect is currently almost entirely done in China

Importance of rare earth metals mining makes it into COP24
Valentina Ruiz Leotaud |
In a series of talks that took place within the COP24 summit in Katowice, Poland, defenders of the circular economy highlighted the importance of including mining of rare earth metals into their discussions.

Based on a research document focused on the Netherlands and prepared by consulting and venture building firm Metabolic, the experts agreed that resources are the missing link in the climate debate. In their view, this is a mistake because rare earth metals are needed to build enough solar panels and wind turbines to meet the Paris Climate Agreement targets.

In detail, the report found that achieving such goals requires major inputs of iron and steel for the foundation and shaft of wind turbines. At the same time, elements such as silicon, copper, lead, and zinc are needed. However, their supply is more or less guaranteed given that they have been used in large quantities for decades.

Other metals, such as neodymium, terbium, indium, dysprosium, and praseodymium, would need to be mined in larger quantities and production would need to grow as much as 12-fold by 2050 compared to today’s output.

Besides being key components of wind turbine and solar technologies, these metals are used in electronic equipment like hard drives, loudspeakers, and LCD-screens.

Neodymium, for example, is used for permanent magnets in wind turbines and in electric vehicles. Using the Netherlands’ demand as a case study, the document states that the country will have about 1.2 million electric cars in 2030, resulting in an average demand of 100,000 electric cars per year. With a neodymium demand of 1.46 kg per car, the result is a total demand of 146 tonnes per year. In other words, the Dutch demand for neodymium – only related to the energy transition – would amount to 4% of the global annual production.

Just focusing on electric vehicles, Metabolic expects total lithium and cobalt demand to increase by a factor of 25 towards 2050.

Keeping these forecasts in mind, the consultancy proposes the idea of developing a European mining industry, given that the continent is almost completely dependent on foreign supply of critical metals, despite the fact that it hosts some reserves.

The report also suggests enabling the production of renewable electricity with a smaller demand for critical metals and increasing circular design and recycling efforts by embedding circular design principles into the production of wind turbines and PV panels, to enable future reuse of components and materials at end-of-life.

http://www.mining.com/importance-rare-eart...ng-makes-cop24/

The full research report - https://www.metabolic.nl/publications/metal...on-netherlands/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

arty
post Posted: Feb 27 2017, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 6 2017, 11:21 AM

so far so good
if the current HL at 14c becomes the new Holding Support, the next HH should get close to 28c.
I'm still waiting for confirmation of Support before buying back in.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 6 2017, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 25 2016, 04:37 PM

I agree, Mick.
It took a while longer, but even a buy at current support could reap good rewards.

Attached Image

I've already started, building a new position.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 25 2016, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 14 2015, 01:39 PM

Looks like GGG still has a bit of life in her yet.
UP two days in a row.
Was up 13% at one stage today.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

arty
post Posted: May 14 2015, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 23 2015, 12:48 PM

Judging by recent announcements and presentations, including today's http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01625222 elaborate slides, it seems that GGG's mining plans are becoming socially and politically more acceptable.
It was only that report that got me to bring up GGG's chart again - and I like the shape of it.

Attached Image

Volume has picked up and a Flag pattern has formed above the mid-level of the recent trading range. If Fib 61.8% holds, a breakout from the flag should offer some lucrative trading opportunities. Alert set.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 23 2015, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

GGG going for run for a few days now. up 30% today.
Most recent notice has Rimbal divesting a couple mill shares.
Rimball is a subsidirary of Westrip holdings that tried to take over GCE, the exploration arm of GGG.
Interesting times.
My other rem ALK is also up, though that may be due to encouraging drilling results rather than a general boost to rems.

Mick

--------------------

mcart117
post Posted: Oct 4 2014, 09:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 3 2014, 09:56 AM

"She had a ban removed on mining radioactive minerals, a byproduct of extracting rare earth metals, among others."

And the (Inuit) party most likely to win the election voted against it. This is not good.

With a population of 56,000, it's like a very small metro council here in WA.

When I was at school, Inuits were called Eskimos, they lived in igloos, and survived on a diet of mainly whale meat. I can't imagine them being madly keen on any form of mining let alone U3O8.

It gives a whole new order of magnitude to the term political risk, and almost (but not quite) makes BOC start to look attractive. ohmy.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 3 2014, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

This may not be good for the share price.
Greenland elections

GREENLAND has called for early elections next month after four government members quit and the prime minister went on leave amid a scandal involving the use of public funds.

PARLIAMENT in the semi-autonomous territory decided late on Wednesday elections will be held on November 28, a year-and-a-half earlier than planned.

Prime Minister Aleqa Hammond decided to take a leave of absence until an investigation is completed into her alleged private spending of public funds worth more than 106,000 kroner ($A91,230) on hotels and flights.

The political crisis casts doubt on Hammond's dream of seeing the mostly ice-covered Arctic island achieving full financial independence from Denmark if it could harvest underground mineral wealth.

She had a ban removed on mining radioactive minerals, a byproduct of extracting rare earth metals, among others.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

mcart117
post Posted: Aug 7 2014, 11:59 AM
  Quote Post

Just sold my options. Only beer money, but if someone is willing to pay 2c for an event which may never happen, they are welcome to them. And if the event does happen I'm well into the money on the shares.

I applied for and got more than my entitlement, because as I thought might happen, some s/h neither sold nor took up their rights.

The market is not perfect. Not all s/h are all knowing. In thinly traded options and rights I've noticed little arbitrage opportunities, even for small players such as myself. smile.gif

mcart117
post Posted: Jun 13 2014, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 12 2014, 06:37 PM

I meant a tradable parcel of the rights. But I agree, it is not logical not to take them up the rights, however few, but some people are not logical.

I have 20k shares, and I'm happy to sit on that level for now. If I apply for more than my entitlement, it will be for a quick sale.

24 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING