Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

MBT, MISSION NEWENERGY LIMITED
duno
post Posted: Aug 20 2009, 04:29 PM
  Quote Post

boo what's new.
does the market like bio-fuels anymore?
is there anyone here holding MBT?
i bought in today.
what moved me to buy was bucket loads of cash in the bank.

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Aug 13 2008, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

Topic rename

MISSION BIOFUELS LIMITED (MBT)

To:
MISSION NEWENERGY LIMITED (MBT)

Thankyou
Sharescene.com

rental
post Posted: May 5 2006, 05:10 PM
  Quote Post

That will all happen in time. Directors are heading off to Malaysia next week. Furthermore, expect other things from left field with this company!

cabbie
post Posted: May 5 2006, 04:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rental on Friday 05/05/06 04:13pm

Interesting...I suspect it might generate some interest next week, although I think they'll need to do a few more cap raisings as MBT are allocating $13m to build their factory.

MBT still running hot, at this rate $2 doesn't look far away, as they clearly have everything mapped out (eg sales / supplies etc.) unlike JPR at this stage.

--------------------
Trust me, I know where I'm going, I've been around this circle many times before !!

rental
post Posted: May 5 2006, 04:13 PM
  Quote Post

Mission accomplished, buy Jupiter

Steve Rotherham
Friday, May 05, 2006

NEW biodiesel player, Mission Biofuels, ended its first day on the Australian Stock Exchange at a 38.5% premium to its issue price.

Biodiesel can be produced from palm oil. Image courtesy of Mission Biofuels

Mission started trading on the ASX yesterday, two weeks earlier than planned following a significantly oversubscribed initial public offering. Its market capitalisation on listing was about $A91 million.

MBT closed at $1.38.5 yesterday, then opened higher at $1.45 this morning.

With corporate operations based in Perth, Mission Biofuels will construct a 100,000 tonne per annum biodiesel plant at the port of Kuantan in Malaysia using crude palm oil as its primary feedstock. Biodiesel is suitable for use in most diesel engines and is marketed as a clean alternative to petrodiesel.

Mission has a five-year supply contract for palm oil and has already signed a five-year off-take agreement for the sale of all its biodiesel production into the German market with Austrian-based fuel trader Godiver.

The company has a Perth office but is Malaysian-owned. Managing director Swaminathan Mahalingam told Malaysian newspaper Business Times that the Australian investment community had a better understanding of biofuels than its Malaysian counterpart.

While the country's business community may not understand biofuels, the Malaysian Government provides a five-year tax holiday for biodiesel start-ups.

Based on the plant's 100,000tpa capacity, Mission Biofuels has forecast to generate $74.3 million in revenue in fiscal 2008, delivering net profit of $27.7 million.

Another company associated with biodiesel from palm oil was also a big mover on the ASX this week. Babcock & Brown Environmental Investments owns 50% of Natural Fuels Australia, which is building a Darwin biorefinery. BEI closed at $3.16 yesterday, up 25.4% for the week and 38% for the month.

Meanwhile, ASX-listed minnow Jupiter Energy is also moving to get into palm oil-derived biodiesel sector by setting up a Malaysia-based operation using local palm oil as feedstock.

Until mid-2005, Jupiter Energy was called Westcoast. In June last year, it changed its name and focus to become an energy company. Its Victorian oil and gas operations, undertaken in partnership with Lakes Oil, have been unsuccessful so far.

But flagging a move into biofuels seems to have done the trick. JPR closed at 14.5c yesterday, up 7.4% for the week and 61.3% for the month. Perhaps investors who believe Mission is too pricey see Jupiter as an inexpensive speculative buy.

rental
post Posted: May 5 2006, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

You will not be able to get any unfortuatly. I have been told I may get some without any guarantees

cabbie
post Posted: May 5 2006, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rental on Friday 05/05/06 11:05am

I'd like to know how to get in on the 12.5c placement ! biggrin.gif If it's not already oversubscribed.

Details on that seem a bit sketchy.

--------------------
Trust me, I know where I'm going, I've been around this circle many times before !!

rental
post Posted: May 5 2006, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

Read the postings on Hotcopper under JPR if you are a member. Gives you a real insight on the comparison and other added shareholder value that may be created in the short to medium term.

cabbie
post Posted: May 5 2006, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

Thanks Rental, Initially JPR doesn't appear as far down the track as MBT, but maybe not too far behind. anyway I'll look into it.

Regards

--------------------

rental
post Posted: May 5 2006, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Check out JPR. A lot of similarities in relation to their biodiesal project, however huge market cap difference!

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING