Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

PGC, PARAGON CARE LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 13 2019, 09:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Bacheya's post @ Feb 13 2019, 02:28 PM

Possibly so, but my question is; how come the dilutive capital raised in the 70's has been so badly employed?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Bacheya
post Posted: Feb 13 2019, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

does anyone agree this has dropped a bit too far?

nipper
post Posted: Sep 17 2018, 01:54 PM
  Quote Post

Pioneer Pharma, a Chinese outfit, has taken 15% of Paragon in a placement. At 91c..... which is well above where the market thinks is right (now trading low 70's

- so, what have we got here? Takeover baby steps, sourcing Paragon goods for China, supplying their Chinese product in Aust or hoovering intellectual capital from a mature market?
https://www.acbr.com.au/china-pioneers-45m-...lian-healthcare

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 8 2018, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

The constant drive for growth, the quest for acquisitions (in a fragmented market) and the thirst for capital

- as well as institutional placement of $26mill, there is a 1 for 2.8 accelerated pro rata non-renounceable entitlement offer to raise approximately $43.2 million at the Issue price of $0.725

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 1 2017, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

Paragon have bought a bit of CSL operation, an immunohaematology biz; small beer for the seller but strategic for PGC

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 27 2017, 05:24 PM
  Quote Post

CEO succession. New bloke will focus on organic, and comes from a wide range of healthcare. Outgoing will stick around and do acquisitions.

Probably capital needed for growth, hence dip in SP

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 7 2017, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

PGC - delivering
FY17 full year results highlights

• Revenue of $117m, up 25% on FY16 driven by strong second half performance

• EBITDA of $17.1m, up 41% on FY16 with record EBITDA margins of 14.7%

• Earnings per share of 6.2 cents, up 11%

• Total FY17 dividends of 3.0 cents per share, up 36% on FY16

• Results reflect organic EBITDA growth at 15% for the year underpinned by strong progress

realising revenue and cost synergies from recent acquisitions

• Strong balance sheet with $18.6m cash and 1.1x Net Debt / EBITDA at 30 June 2016 ensures

that Paragon is well positioned for future growth

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 25 2017, 08:25 AM
  Quote Post

Paragon Care (PGC)
PGC is in the midst of a long term industry roll up of the medical supplies industry which we believe has several years to run. We like PGC because of its diverse customer base and non-cyclical growth profile. In addition the company is yet to see the best of revenue synergies from more recent acquisitions.

The full year result in FY17 is expected to deliver 13% EPS growth driven through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Second half EPS growth should be significantly stronger than 1H17 as sales and earnings are strongly skewed to the back half of the fiscal year. In our view the company will continue to make highly EPS accretive acquisitions, which together with the strong organic growth make this a standout.

We maintain our Buy recommendation on PGC with a target price of $1.
Bell Potter - Stock Picks for 2018

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 16 2017, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

Paragon Care Ltd. (PGC) has built a business around supplying medical equipment to the health and aged care markets. Its product categories include balance and mobility, beds, mattresses and furniture, carts and trolleys, consulting room equipment, dermatology and cosmetic medicine, general medical products, consumables, infection control, lighting, materials management, newborn care, operating theatre, and ophthalmic.

While that product range is diverse, and somewhat affected by wins/ losses in tendering process - hospitals and care facilities are principal market - there are some pluses. Not too much lost to 'on-line', fragmented nature of suppliers means bigger players can get a 'foot in the door' with the decision makers, with ability to supply a wider suite of products that Paragon now has.

Recently, PGC has made some acquisitions that are delivering a more predictable cash flow - consumables providing recurrent monthly sales and are now >60% of sales. These 13 acquisitions since listing have been businesses with stock, rather than those driven by key people (always at risk of walking). Integration has been effective and little stock sold if/when out of escrow, which reflects well on the process and PCG culture.

Future growth can be both organic and through further acquisitions, and can be funded by debt and equity - current gearing is 13%.

PE is undemanding, at 12, there is a 4% ff yield. Market Cap 130mill.

Shaw & Partners have added it as a Buy, with target price of 95c. Glennon Capital (small companies LIC) have recently added them to their top 5 holdings. Mirrabooka has a sizeable holding.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 9 2017, 11:49 AM
  Quote Post

not particularly impressive growth, going forward?

booked numbers OK but recent acquisitions not delivering?
 During 1H17, the strength of Paragon's balance sheet facilitated two acquisitions, funded investment in R&D to support organic growth and enabled strong growth in dividends

Paragon's balance sheet can continue to support small, value accretive acquisitions

Achieving this balance sheet strength and flexibility is an important milestone for Paragon, which should facilitate further strong growth in earnings and dividends for shareholders

--------------------

40 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING