Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

122 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AGM, ALLEGIANCE MINING NL
grayps
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Mar 12 2012, 08:26 PM

Rabbits, hats, smoke, mirrors, cashcows, just some of the things to tease you if you choose to hang out in the investment world.

Pete.

wolverine
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: grayps's post @ Mar 12 2012, 07:03 PM

Still ripping cash out of GUL at a guess??

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

grayps
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Mar 12 2012, 10:20 AM

Yes MME, it was referred to at the time as Michelmore's folly and from memory it was closer to $900 million he paid.
I've often wondered what was the true story with Avebury as we were led to believe that it was to be the lowest production cost nickel mine in Oz. Once it was sold it was put into Maintenance mode not long after it went into production and I believe it is still as such.

As for the old management team of Anthony Howland - Rose and company, they are still involved with Gullewa ( GUL ) and more than likely will pull a rabbit out of a hat somewhere, sometime

Thanks for reviving fond memories,
Pete.

mme
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ Mar 12 2012, 10:16 AM

Well from my perspective it was more a trip down memory lane and why a Company paid what half a billion dollars (stand to be corrected) for a dormant project! biggrin.gif

mercury
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

I used to be in AGM. I thought they were taken over and all shares compulsorily bought....but from below posts...I guess this is not so and some people still hold?
Anyway....AGM was a nickel project and nickel prices are OK now...but projected to fall by some analysts.
I can no longer remember what the financials were for AGM....cash costs.....but I think they were pretty good.

What are the possible scenarios here....can anybody fill me in?

Thanks
Merc

mme
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: grayps's post @ Mar 11 2012, 07:29 PM

Great to see!! Company paid a heap of money for it and now it sits idle. Hopefully it'll fire up at some stage and give some life into Tassie which continues to be bombarded by crappy closure news lately! biggrin.gif

I also hope for BSM holders that they also manage to get out of the woods!

grayps
post Posted: Mar 11 2012, 07:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Mar 4 2012, 07:52 AM

Yes MME,
It's been 4 years now and the smile has lapsed into a permanent grin. I was accumulating these for 10 years through thick and thin when along came Michelmore and saved us from the GFC. It totally changed the rest of my life, toot toot.

Pete.

wolverine
post Posted: Mar 4 2012, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Mar 4 2012, 07:52 AM

Michelmore is running Minmetals Australia.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

mme
post Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:52 AM
  Quote Post

Only talking about this Company the other day with a friend when we were in Zeehan.

Shareholders who took up the offer at $1.10 must be laughing now as to my knowledge this project has remained dormant! biggrin.gif

Wonder what happened to the person who instigated the deal for Zinnifex I think it was in 2008?

mme
post Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:52 AM
  Quote Post

Only talking about this Company the other day with a friend when we were in Zeehan.

Shareholders who took up the offer at $1.10 must be laughing now as to my knowledge this project has remained dormant! biggrin.gif

Wonder what happened to the person who instigated the deal for Zinnifex I think it was in 2008?

122 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING