Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

FLT, FLIGHT CENTER LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

Growth in Flight Centre's overseas businesses, combined with stagnation in its domestic operations, meant that the company generated more than half its profits from offshore for the first time in its history.

Looking ahead, the company's managing director Graham Turner does not expect that trend to change much over the next year, with Flight Centre's major growth opportunities offshore, while it hopes for a modest improvement in the Australian operations.

"In Australia, we expect a gradual leisure sector recovery as the year progresses, as the trading climate improves and as our improvement strategies gain traction," he said. "While market conditions and the consumer environment remain subdued, we have seen some margin stabilisation recently."

Flight Centre expects to close about 30 shops during the year, opening 20 new ones in different locations, in an effort to "right-size" its network in terms of retail outlets and staff. The company already shed almost 300 sales staff over the past financial year.

The company's shares rallied on the result, however, jumping 9.2 per cent to $47.86.

Flight Centre rival Webjet posted a much stronger 46 per cent increase in net profit after tax to $81.3 million. However, even it pointed to the "tough" domestic travel market, "impacted by the federal election as well as slowing economic conditions" as weighing on its overall result.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

bg99
post Posted: Apr 26 2019, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 26 2019, 12:04 PM

underpaying staff and price gouging customers on ticket prices.... happened to me the one and only time I booked with them..... was suss about it but needed complex travel in a hurry

nipper
post Posted: Apr 26 2019, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

Flight Centre has slashed its underlying profit guidance for 2019 by more than 14 per cent due to subdued trading in its Australian business during the key holiday booking months of May and June...
- turbulence

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 24 2016, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

Flight Centre Travel Group Limited (FLT) guided for FY16 profit before tax to be 2-5% below FY15, versus previous guidance for a 4-8% increase.

Managed cited increasing uncertainty in some key markets, discounted airfares and poor US leisure trading results.(they got it wrong)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 10 2014, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

Qld Broker - Hunter Green - research and view

http://hgib.com.au/cane-toad-april-2014/

--------------------

mistagear
post Posted: Aug 7 2013, 04:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jul 18 2013, 06:40 PM

Has been a good short last couple days, covered the close tonight, thinking there were some buyers late and it is stretched far enough to bounce

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

mistagear
post Posted: Jul 18 2013, 06:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Jul 16 2013, 06:44 PM

Had a couple of trades, mainly short, but decided late today to have a punt long, bought the auction.
Hoping there is a bit of a bounce, supply starting to look light and with a bit of luck, you never can tell. Might catch a few short stops as well as some punters looking for the next big rise.

--------------------
------------------------

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

www.xgamesbowling.com

mistagear
post Posted: Jul 16 2013, 06:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ Jul 16 2013, 05:34 PM

I'm now short

--------------------
------------------------

www.xgamesbowling.com

Nick1970
post Posted: Jul 16 2013, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Aug 28 2012, 10:46 AM

Another new high again today - closed way off the high though. FLT does do that a bit. Any TA guys want to comment on the gap a bit lower down?

--------------------
Use a stop loss every time.

macduffy
post Posted: Aug 28 2012, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

So much for the theory that the growth of the internet would make FLT's business model obsolete. NPAT up another 43% this year!

http://www.smh.com.au/business/earnings-se...0828-24x8w.html

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING