Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

R.I.P. Market Analyser, MA7 discontinued
arty
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 9 2018, 07:17 PM

Thanks Mate,
okay, I use IncredibleCharts myself, but only the free version because my Trading package, Pulse, gives me live data and charts down to single trade ticks - remember those? As I only trade Aussie shares, there is no need to subscribe to more. After hours or for non-Aussie stocks and indices, IC is my go-to package.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 07:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 9 2018, 04:15 PM

What "basic free charting service" would that be, please?
Incredible Charts

Who offers the service? And what does it cover?
IC. What is put into it by the inmate.

How many chart templates?
None

How many saved charts with customised indicators/ channels/ trend lines/ Fibonacci Studies... ?
None

Does it differentiate between entry/ exit signals and scripted chart indicators?
No

Those, and lots more, were the features that set MA7 apart from the rest, and by all accounts I hear and read, the new browser-based Bourse program doesn't have a patch on any.
Agreed 100%... so for me it's back to square one, Fundamentals V Technicals. And that is laughingly what is called progress. OBE.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 9 2018, 02:43 PM

What "basic free charting service" would that be, please?
Who offers the service? And what does it cover?

How many chart templates?
How many saved charts with customised indicators/ channels/ trend lines/ Fibonacci Studies... ?
Does it differentiate between entry/ exit signals and scripted chart indicators?

Those, and lots more, were the features that set MA7 apart from the rest, and by all accounts I hear and read, the new browser-based Bourse program doesn't have a patch on any.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 9 2018, 11:26 AM

And have now found the basic free charting service available to everybody has a help desk that answers the phone and is based within australia rolleyes.gif

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 9 2018, 10:29 AM

Hi Arty, those early days via dialup seem but distant memories, trust that replacements will prove better, and pray that "living in a cloud" will eventually prove beneficial, watch this space, still learning! wacko.gif

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

After years of decline, Sequoia has today shut down the Market Analyser 7 software.
Dearly beloved by generations of technical traders and considered the shining light among its peers, it appears the competition smothered it by sheer weight of numbers.
Sadly missed by all who got to know and love your various versions - from 2000 over Calypso, Cairo, and Bourse 7 - we salute you.
R.I.P. MA7 mellow.gif

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING