Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

972 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AAH, ARANA THERAPEUTICS LIMITED
guzzi
post Posted: Feb 8 2010, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 1 2010, 12:54 PM

Basically peptech were a cashed up company with good ip. Shareholder value was dramatically reduced when the executive and board arbitrarily forced us to merge with a valueless company, then when the market dived a us corporate raider stole the company for not much more than cash on hand all endorsed and supported by the "independant" board.

They got bribed and we got robbed.

Onya gubbins for still posting.

plastic
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

I seemed to have missed the detail of AAH. All I can remember is that Citigroup were involved with Peptech. That was enough to put me off so I never took any interest in them.

Can anyone give a brief synopsis?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Gubbins
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theadder's post @ Feb 1 2010, 09:07 AM

Interesting how they sell themselves... or their souls!

"for a significant premium to market (July 2009). "

Ha ha ha, side splitting laughter at that one...

Happy new year to anyone still looking here...

One thing I found interesting about this exercise is that Howard spent a lot of tax payer's money promoting 'ordinary Australians' to get into shares (so he could shred pensions I guess), only to then bring about legislation to guarantee corporations can walk all over them with devalued takeovers. The cost of challenging this for 'ordinary Australians' - the small investors by definition - is far too prohibitive to mount and outcomes are stacked against the small investor. Thank you Mr Howard, may you rot in hell. But then Corporate Kev (Rudd) has not bothered to change anything either. Makes it a bit risky for small investors who generally don't have much insight into the market and can't afford top advice. At least they were good for injecting money into the market, even if they can't afford it. grumble grumble.

Well, I've had my little spit now so I move on. Good luck all!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: guzzi  

theadder
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 09:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theadder's post @ Dec 24 2009, 10:02 AM

Benitec appoints Dr John Chiplin as Director
1 February 2010, Melbourne, Australia:

The Directors of Benitec Limited (ASX:BLT) are delighted to announce the appointment of Dr John Chiplin to the Board.

"We are delighted that John has agreed to join us at this exciting time for Benitec Ltd. We have recently restructured our relationship with CSIRO and made good progress on the intellectual property prosecution front. John's skills will complement the other Board members as we explore further growth opportunities for Benitec" said Sue MacLeman, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Benitec Ltd.

"The transformation of Benitec over the last several years, by current management, has been nothing short of remarkable. I am truly excited about contributing to the next phase of the Company's growth in one of the most significant areas of drug development today" said Dr John Chiplin.

John Chiplin PhD has broad-based experience in the life sciences and technology industries, both from an operational and investment perspective.

His most recent accomplishment was the corporate
reengineering of Arana Therapeutics, a world leading Antibody developer, which resulted in the acquisition of the company by Cephalon for a significant premium to market (July 2009).

Immediately prior to running Arana, Dr Chiplin was head of the $300M ITI Life Sciences investment fund in the UK. His own investment vehicle, Newstar Ventures Ltd, has funded more than a dozen early stage companies in the past ten years. Dr Chiplin's Pharmacy and Doctoral degrees are from the University of Nottingham, UK. Dr Chiplin is based in San Diego USA.

"John's substantial life sciences experience and also his capital markets and merger and acquisition deal experience will be valuable to the Board moving forward. We need to complete a capital raising in the near term and John's contacts will be extremely useful during this process" said Peter Francis, Chairman, Benitec Limited.

The appointment is effective from 1 February 2010.

theadder
post Posted: Dec 24 2009, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nightshifter's post @ Dec 24 2009, 05:00 AM

yes nightshifter, however, have a Great Christmas without Peptide Technology/Peptech/Arana
in the portfolio..

Life actually feels much better without them... biggrin.gif

A Merry Christmas to All... tongue.gif

nightshifter
post Posted: Dec 24 2009, 05:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theadder's post @ Nov 17 2009, 09:32 PM

Im glad this one is over...

cost myself and people I know millions.

--------------------
Nothing is as certain as uncertainty

theadder
post Posted: Nov 17 2009, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Nov 17 2009, 09:06 PM

ditto, nice to have known you "Big John" and all the best

may life be kind to you

Good Health, a long enyoyable life...too sexy for my XXX size shirt.

However nothing wrong with a XXXX in the hand...enjoy jaytee..

Draw the curtain wolv, a star has retired.. sad.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 17 2009, 09:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Nov 17 2009, 09:06 PM

g'night johnboy

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

jaytee
post Posted: Nov 17 2009, 09:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: theadder's post @ Sep 9 2009, 09:16 PM

so am i moving on adder. nice knowing you over all them years.
soon as i can figure out how to uninstall...its the last sad goodbye.
to a good person

theadder
post Posted: Sep 9 2009, 09:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jaytee's post @ Sep 9 2009, 05:01 PM

hi jaytee, Arana seem to be moving along nicely now..

XOMA Announces $6 Million Antibody Discovery Collaboration With Arana Therapeutics
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/xoma-anno...tics-2009-09-09

BERKELEY, Calif., Sep 9, 2009 (XOMA and Arana Therapeutics Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cephalon, Inc. have entered into a collaboration involving multiple proprietary XOMA antibody research and development technologies, including a new antibody phage display library, and a suite of integrated information and data management systems. Arana has agreed to pay XOMA a fee of $6 million and XOMA will be entitled to milestone payments and royalties on product sales. Under the terms of the collaboration, XOMA will be fully reimbursed for all services it may provide to Arana under the agreement.

"We selected XOMA because of their ability to provide a complete suite of validated technologies that will further enable us to accelerate our antibody development programs toward the clinic," said Steffen Nock, Acting Chief Executive Officer of Arana. "We believe the advantages of these technologies, including XOMA's next-generation antibody libraries, will increase our capacity to cost-effectively develop novel therapeutics."

"We are pleased to partner with Arana, a company with a strong presence and capabilities in the antibody field," said Steven B. Engle, XOMA's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "This monetization of our proprietary technologies and products demonstrates the value of our extensive antibody expertise and increases the return on our research and development efforts."

XOMA has developed integrated capabilities in antibody discovery, engineering and manufacturing, including maintaining the largest collection of commercially available antibody phage display libraries. The company also has expertise in the construction of large, novel and diverse libraries for screening and optimization that enable the selection of antibodies with very specific binding, affinity and potency characteristics to an antigen of choice.

The new, proprietary antibody library covered by the agreement with Arana, recently validated by XOMA, is one of a series of proprietary antibody libraries being developed by XOMA scientists to overcome existing limitations in library design by combining "best-in-class" techniques with XOMA's own proprietary and patent-protected technologies. Access to multiple libraries may offer a number of benefits to XOMA and its partners because it enables the use of libraries best suited to the needs of a particular discovery project. This increases the probability of technical and business success in finding rare and unique functional antibodies directed to targets of interest.

972 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING