Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

LOK, LOOKSMART LIMITED
finicky
post Posted: May 19 2006, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: filament on Friday 19/05/06 12:00pm

LOOK closed down again (overnight) @ $4.07cps althought 5 of the previous 7 sales, (Inett), were at a higher level.

300 - 4.07 ... 13 - 4.11 ... 280 - 4.11 ... 400 - 4.11 ... 1220 - 4.10 ... 100 - 4.09 ...

But, who cares in terms of a "bigger" picture, that many feel will unfold shortly. The close (of $4.07c) equates to (@ a current exchange rate of $1.30981c) a shareprice value of $5.33cps for LOK today. I bought the 200 @ $5.18cps, because of this obvious "value". But nothing to stop it going lower, as you have so well predicted, Filament.

$4.50cps I'm not so sure?

The "bigger" picture?? And you talk of a "change in business direction" ??? I thought that Looksmart have clearly changed there business direction and I have been "yelling out to the rafter" (not Pat & family) about it, for some time now ...... But perhaps I'm one of a 'few' here on the ASX, who may understand what this new direction is?

And the lack of interest in the US clearly show that few understand over there, also. But it is happening. That's all I'm prepared to say now. My posting of information of what "could" be happening has had me banned from a number of sites, now. Only an opinion though, that's all. Yahoo (in fact) have removed all my 'pro-LOOK' posts ..... I really found that as being unusual ....

BUT, OF COURSE ...... Time will tell!!

Cheers !!

:-)

filament
post Posted: May 19 2006, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: LookingConfident on Sunday 07/05/06 07:39pm

Only 10% away from $4.50 target.

Will side track at around these levels unless some great news is forthcoming.

A change in business direction would lift the SP.

--------------------
<p align="center"><b><font size="2
" color#0000FF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">What lies behind us and what lies before us are
small matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson </font></b><br>

quiktrade_1
post Posted: May 8 2006, 07:44 AM
  Quote Post

Actually if you work off the after hours close LOK should trade at $5.67 based on a $0.77 exchange rate...

The seller that got $6.50 on Friday last week did very well IMHO.

Quik. : puke.gif

quiktrade_1
post Posted: May 8 2006, 07:29 AM
  Quote Post

"I mean, Looksmart (LOOK) closed (very oversold, IMHO) on friday in the US @ $4.52c after coming back up, off of a low of $4.25c, during the day."

The selling hasn't started yet LC.

Probably the only reason LOOK didn't close on the low of the day was due to the US markets rally.

Unfortunately for you, LOK will fall..

Do you think the "genius" (Hills) will do a capital raising to retain SBLC compliance?

Quik. tongue.gif

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 7 2006, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: filament on Sunday 07/05/06 06:39pm

< Looks like a target of $4.50 and a head and shoulders type pattern unfolding.>

IS THAT TOMORROW? Is that what you are saying??

I mean, Looksmart (LOOK) closed (very oversold, IMHO) on friday in the US @ $4.52c after coming back up, off of a low of $4.25c, during the day.

With the current exchange rate of $1.29525c, and inspite of a declining $US, this gives LOK an approx "value", of $5.85c, for monday. I'm not sure of where you think the sellers are going to come from, to reach your target figure ...... Maybe a "re-calculation" by you, possibly?

Cheers !!

smile.gif
LC

filament
post Posted: May 7 2006, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: quiktrade_1 on Sunday 07/05/06 06:16pm

The run up to $10 failed by 20%.

Looks like a target of $4.50 and a head and shoulders type pattern unfolding.

--------------------
<p align="center"><b><font size="2
" color#0000FF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">What lies behind us and what lies before us are
small matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson </font></b><br>

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

quiktrade_1
post Posted: May 7 2006, 06:16 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: LookingConfident on Sunday 07/05/06 03:58pm

You'll have to pump harder than that...

Brace yourself for the sell-off on Monday.. That $6.50 sell order was a good call by the seller.

Quik. king.gif

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 7 2006, 03:58 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: LookingConfident on Sunday 07/05/06 12:49pm

NWS - And a Rupert Murdoch "Buy-in" ??

And here is a Fox property, with Looksmart "written all over it", already!!

http://www.google.com.au/search?client=fir...G=Google+Search

Florida Gators Football ....

http://www.looksmartmiami.com/p/search?qt=...Marlins&sb=furl

(Note the indexing of the Florida.scout.com article, in Looksmart's Vertical, Looksmartcities - Miami)

http://florida.scout.com/

smile.gif
LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 7 2006, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

NWS - And a Rupert Murdoch "Buy-in" ??

A reply (from me) to another member within a private Google Group board, where Looksmart shareholders get to post their thoughts on the stock, daily ....... We are discussing the market's lack of response to an announced "partnership" with FoxTV Sites, within Looksmart's CC last thursday ....

Thanks for your reply Mike .....

< ........and sadly Ross the stock market flicked it off much the same way they did when it was revealed they were working with Viacom and NYT. >

Yes, if the stock markets only knew of it, then it may have been a different story, possibly. Ask yourself ..... How many people in both stockmarkets happen to listen to Looksmart's CC (let alone any, actual Looksmart shareholders) and of them, how many of these would know the real significances of this "new" partner for Looksmart, (in Fox TV Sites) .... And that there are 35 of these sites, in all !!

Had David Hills posted an announcement that told the market of this "new" partnership, and told the market of a strategy (if there is one) fully involving publisher & media Co's and one surrounding their millions of articles they have, is it possible then, that the market may have then treated Look's Q1 report friday, in a different manner? I think so and I'm sure other group members would feel the same.....

In fact, with Viacom and NYT, (again) I'll say .... There was very little fanfare ... NO bold lights or, bold headings ..... Why?

....Because Dave Hills has also reminded us that his mission is to provide long term value for shareholders and that he "couldn't give a fig" about the share price value, in the short term ......If he had the latter "in mind" he would have been pumping away prior to the "reverse split", to try and avoid a need for it .... Or, at least, (on the reverse split), the low share price was then, a reasonable enough excuse, for the need to have one .... What I am saying is, that Looksmart's shareprice value has been "kept" down at these levels for a more important reason. And that this "real" reason (a Murdoch "buy-in") will 'unfold' over the next couple of weeks, I believe .... And I don't think I am talking through my pockets!!

The fact remains that a "buy-in" wasn't possible UNLESS a 'reverse split' was enacted!!

The reverse split has now made available some 170M shares in Looksmart, (they are permitted 200M on their register) that have (& as a result of the reverse split, now) become available to make strategic purchases (some all script deals, possibly?) or, allow any such "buy-in", to go ahead, & occur.

If Looksmart was being prepared for or, there was ever a potential to be sold 'outright' and Rupert Murdoch was an interested buyer, he (naturally), would have made the purchase "lock stock & barrel", long before today, I feel.

And you have also said ..... Rupert Murdoch promised the market he would be securing his Search Engine in mid-May.

Back to the share price and it's current 'oversold' situation ..... Looksmart as per tradition enjoyed it's "usual" run-up, prior to reporting it's Q1 results. On the friday, a week before this event, LOOK's share price traded as low as $4.85cps ... So, the 'peak' (of $5.26c) or, close of the day on thursday, actually represented a rise in one week, of some .41cps, or, 8.5% .....

28-Apr-06 4.88 5.01 4.85 4.96 71,100 4.96

Not convincing enough, was the market's response on friday .... Yet, activity in the A/Hrs (following the report on thursday) was "non-existent" with barely a "seller" in sight. (There were only 2 trades for around 1100 shares only, and @ the close, of $5.26cps).

So, maybe a strategy was put into place, 'overnight', for friday in the US? Who knows??

smile.gif
LC

LookingConfident
post Posted: May 6 2006, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (quiktrade_1 @ Saturday 06/05/06 07:45am)

< Still want to discount my reversal call at $5.75? >

LOOK "hit" that 12 month "high", on march 29th through the course of the day and closed (that day), @ $5.44cps

29-Mar-06 5.68 5.75 5.42 5.44 140,800 5.44

Now do me a favour ..... Dig out the post, copy it and paste it onto the board here, where you ever mention a "reversal call", prior to it happening. OK?

Now, I don't expect a reply. Why? Because you never made such a call, as you have claimed ... Just as you have also posted ......... < Ross says that: ...... losing Lycos is a good thing >

And I am still waiting for you to "dig" that up for me, too ...(look has lost lycos - quiktrade_1)

As a matter of fact, I'll make a point of boldly posting here that you cannot find an answer to either of those above requests, for claims you have made ..... But you make them, all the same!

It's a bad habit to develop in life, is my experience in living some 61 years of it .....Honesty and truthfulness go together just as birds of a feather do ......

Show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are ....But if you lie down with a dog ......you get fleas!!

LOL !!

Nice call, Quiktrade_1

smile.gif
LC

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING