Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

What do you give a millionaire for his birthday?
kiril
post Posted: Jun 17 2008, 06:34 PM
  Quote Post

Not sure about the Playboy thing. I received a Playboy magazine from 1972 for my birthday last year.

The thing is...they are not preserved in original condition.....unless you can track one down....and since its second hand, flicking through the pages.....(which was of interest because of all the changes over 35 years)....I couldnt help but wonder how many strange men before me had flicked through those same pages with one hand whilst taking care of business.

Havent picked it up again since.

Kiril.

cso1
post Posted: Jun 17 2008, 05:39 PM
  Quote Post

A World Vision child sponsorship.

A Taronga zoo animal sponsorship.

Why? Why not? After all, it's a way for those with a big ego to feel smug and a way for those who feel guilty to feel less so. It's also a gift which keeps on giving and will not be thrown away.

Failing that, a plot of land on the moon. "Buy Land. They've stopped making it". ? ;-)

IllusionGame
post Posted: Jun 17 2008, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

My grandpa is a millionaire although my family and I are far from it. I suppose I have a different situation than most as my grandpa may be a millionaire but he never spends a dime more than he has to. This was likely how he received all his money. He has saved it his entire life. Right now he is approaching eighty-five years old and I have heard countless stories of how he has had money his whole life even when he worked for small change as a child. Since my grandpa hardly spends a fraction of his money (Im lucky to get $20 for a birthday, $5 on Christmas ) im not really the best one to answer this as I just buy him ordinary gifts as I would anyone else.

Varmi
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 11:30 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks everybody. One extra seat reserved on the flight for Mrs Metala. wub.gif

I think items tied to his birthdate/year as suggested by itucker are rating high on my list at the moment, as well as the thrillseeker one's like racing or shark bait diving tongue.gif .

I think it would be a bit harsh to get him a grave considering how nice he's being to everybody - I'm sure he knows which direction we're all heading at the end of the day. thumbdown.gif

Instead of a book about "How to become a billionaire" I thought I might give him the first copy of my own impending book: "From Shit to Caviar - My Story by A. Maggot".

varmi

--------------------
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

OMS
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: balance on Wednesday 05/09/07 04:14pm

Go to SA, get him in a cage amongst the Great White sharks.. wins hands down for he will never forget

balance
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 04:14 PM
  Quote Post

Give him SFA.That's not a stock code. biggrin.gif

I like the idea of a sponsorship or similar.Money cant buy love but it can make a difference and give someone choices where they may have none.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

jfgao
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

A 'United Nations' duo followed by a 'President's Platter'.

Don't forget to send us the photos.

reginald
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

Yeah, that's right, give him crabs.....i mean lobsters!

ozeb
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Metala on Wednesday 05/09/07 03:05pm

Indeed yes. I remember a chum who, upon getting married, chuckled with anticipation at all the impending FREE pleasures of the flesh. I reckon only now is he adding up the cost. Cheaper to stay single and pay for it.

Metala
post Posted: Sep 5 2007, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wolverine on Wednesday 05/09/07 01:04pm

Varmi
She is 40 too! Before offering a present of this kind you must understand that the "67 Model" may be responsive to your needs and good fun most of the time, they can be fairly high maintenance and expensive to keep!
Your mates might not appreciate the gesture as much as I would.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING