Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AIO, ASCIANO GROUP
nipper
post Posted: Jul 1 2015, 05:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 1 2015, 03:09 PM

not done a lot over the past twelve months
so short a time frame! (and the market, the mythical index. did 1.5% over the 12 months)

Oligopolistic assets, there for the long term, hard to replace, being bought with cheap money due to distorted capital markets.

Frankly I would prefer the assets to be held in Australian hands, but evidently people think 17% or a notional 36% in the hand beats a long-term annuity stream, one with valuations likely to rise with inflation at the very least.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 1 2015, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

Obviously no one here invests in asciano, given the paucity of posts.
But if there were some investors here, they would be happy with the brookfield takeover offer thats pumped the shares up 17% today.
Especially as they have not done a lot over the past twelve months.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

smee
post Posted: Nov 11 2010, 01:19 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone able to explain what this corporatisation means to the company and to the share holders please. Is it just consolidation or are there other implications?

--------------------
without trust there is nothing

arty
post Posted: Aug 8 2009, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 4 2009, 02:17 PM

... still making daily candles with lower lows...
The zone $1.46 - $1.51 looks increasingly likely.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Aug 4 2009, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

Might have waited a little longer and picked up a few cents extra.
On the other hand - playing the percentages is still safer in the long run...
Will now wait for the likely test of $1.50 and buy back wherever support becomes evident - and whenever. Not today rolleyes.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jul 30 2009, 12:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 28 2009, 03:18 PM

Got off with a tidy profit after all. The reversal didn't come unexpected, considering the large number of excess Call options expiring today. If the writers (predominantly instos with the financial clout to achieve results) don't want to be "called", i.e. don't have to sell 4M shares at $1.57 - or a few Million at $1.48 or maybe even $1.40 - they'll keep the premium and the shares.
It's usually a good idea to stand aside when options expire. Friday may offer a much clearer picture - and opportunities to buy the dip.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jul 28 2009, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Jul 28 2009, 02:58 PM

You make a good point, Hungry;
As I have pointed out to Henrietta in another thread: Since I bought (early) the momentum seems to have dropped off and reversed direction. But if I'd sell now in panic, she'd most certainly start soaring.
I'll therefore trade it as usual: Wait for evidence that support has been broken. If today's candle ends up as an evening star, and if that top reversal pattern is confirmed tomorrow, I'll take my medicine.

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: Jul 28 2009, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 28 2009, 11:41 AM

Took my prof this morning. It has vh vol still so could continue for a decent move, but i much prefer my money back in cash atm.
Have a look at the intraday range on XAO today. Very volatile.
Cheers & good luck all

arty
post Posted: Jul 28 2009, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Jul 24 2009, 12:00 PM

Looks like a breakout to me.
I'm on board.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

hungry
post Posted: Jul 24 2009, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

Someones is accumulating again. Nice vol last 2 days & continueing today. Someone just took over a million @ 1.40 on the way up from it's intraday low.
Cheers

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING