Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >   

Reply to this topic

Medical Cannabis, watch list of pot-related stocks
blacksheep
post Posted: May 2 2018, 11:36 AM
  Quote Post

Stockheads have produced an interesting summary of ASX-listed cannabis stocks showing their last two quarterly cash receipts, together with their "lofty" market caps

https://stockhead.com.au/health/heres-how-m...e-last-quarter/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 23 2018, 09:52 PM
  Quote Post

4 Corners program - http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/green-rush/9688790

Green Rush: The race to riches for Australia's new marijuana moguls.
"The party's only just beginning. People have got no idea how big this is going to be. This is going to be huge." Cannabis investor

There are millions being made in the Australian marijuana business but these entrepreneurs and investors aren't risking jail to make their fortunes. They're betting big on the home grown medicinal marijuana industry and riding the "pot stock" boom.

"I was heavily involved in the dot com boom. I never thought I'd see another boom like it but this green rush or gold rush or whatever you want to call it is simply remarkable." Cannabis investor

Entrepreneurs are talking up the potential of a whole range of possible products, from insomnia cures to chronic pain treatments, and the share market is loving it.
"It's going to be a multi-billion dollar market in total." Cannabis company co-founder

But with patients struggling to access cannabis products, Four Corners investigates who is making money out of the marijuana boom.

"I am called The Wolf but I am in the market for all the right reasons." Cannabis investor

Four Corners charts the rise of this industry which has grown from nowhere in just a few years.

"There's no doubt, as with any new industry, there's a flurry of people jumping onboard, jumping on the bandwagon, and there will be a shake down as a result of that." Market analyst
The program gained exclusive access to the harvesting of cannabis in the first legal commercial growing facility in Australia, under heavy security, at a secret location.

"I've been approached by plenty who've said 'I'm really good at growing this, how do I get involved in the legal side of the industry?' Step one is don't apply. It won't cut it with the Office of Drug Control." Cannabis company CEO

Some in the industry are confidently predicting that the "green rush" has a long way to go yet and are positioning themselves for any further changes to the law.
"There's no question in my mind that medical cannabis is the Trojan horse for recreational cannabis." Cannabis investor

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 11 2018, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 8 2018, 08:57 PM

New pot stock EXL commenced trading today - SP up 45% @ $1.45/share

Nudging $2.00 this morning - currently $1.94/share

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 5 2018, 10:45 AM

New pot stock EXL commenced trading today - SP up 45% @ $1.45/share
100.2 million shares of which the following are under escrow
Shares restricted for a period of 12 months from 27 December 2017 - 52,559
Shares restricted for a period of 24 months from 8 January 2018 - 77,870,572
Top 20 shareholders hold over 90% of total shares issued

Note - would have started a new thread for EXL, but that code is taken on SS by Excel Coal Limited

https://d2ikaws505454x.cloudfront.net/green...pectus-2017.pdf

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 5 2018, 10:31 AM

So, wherein lies the true story?

Unfortunately we won't really be told. The pot companies, and their brokers, will use this event to promote/pump their stocks and journalists will continue to report the company line rather than do their own investigations. By the time the truth is out, many punters will have been sucked in at the top. Of course the smart money, who know the truth, will have gotten out long before.

Rinse and repeat story as in other sectors - pot today, Chinese infant formula yesterday, and whatever is hot tomorrow.

Moral to the story - take advantage of the hyoe but get off before the the final curtain falls.

No doubt there will be much pain in this sector when the true story is revealed, IMHO.

AC8 is up another 31% today.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 5 2018, 09:31 AM

So, wherein lies the true story? Australia has no 'natural advantage', there is no moat. The regulatory authorities are a help - reputation and research - but a hindrance, in that the wheels turn slowly. High cost place, workforce issues.

All in all, giving it a miss. Too many players.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 5 2018, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 4 2018, 11:06 AM

extract
Chairman of hemp company Ecofibre, and Australian Financial Review rich lister, Barry Lambert has slammed the federal government's move to green light medicinal cannabis exports as "fake news," saying Australian companies won't be able to compete with more established overseas competitors.

Medicinal cannabis shares according to a Bloomberg index soared after the federal government said it would allow exports of medicinal cannabis products for the first time. The move is part of efforts to boost the growing domestic market and secure supply for domestic patients.

But Mr Lambert, who in April stood down as chairman of the listed accounting and wealth management firm Countplus to become the chairman Ecofibre, said the announcement by the federal health minister Greg Hunt "means nothing" because there was not a way to viably produce cannabis in Australia, nor a strong domestic market in which to sell it.

"The reality is this, this is obviously fake news. Minister Hunt is trying to justify doing something, but he's actually doing nothing. There is no way Australian producers under Australian rules will be competitive with Americans or Canadians," Mr Lambert told The Australian Financial Review.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/news/politics/national/...n#ixzz53GHe1bxm

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 4 2018, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

All pot stocks on a high this morning following this news

Australia aims for global domination of medicinal cannabis market
By political reporter Melissa Clarke
Updated about 2 hours ago
Australia's fledgling medicinal cannabis market is about to get a big boost, with the Federal Government to allow exports of cannabis-based medicines.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/aust...-market/9302524

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 23 2017, 02:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 22 2017, 09:29 AM

EVE is SMOKIN today on HEMP and HONEY smile.gif
from the motely fool

Whilst infant formula and lithium miner shares may be going gangbusters at the moment, one group of shares is even putting them to shame. These are the medical marijuana shares, or pot stocks as they are colloquially known.

In recent weeks investors have been fighting to get hold of them due to the announcement of company specific developments, loosening regulations in Australia, and positive developments in Canada.

Here’s what impact this has had on their respective share prices:

The Auscann Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: AC8) share price has almost doubled in value in just one month. A fair portion of this gain came yesterday when the company announced that it has secured a cultivation licence in Chile. Furthermore, last month Constellation Brands agreed to pay almost C$250 million for a 10% stake in its strategic partner Canopy Growth Corp.

The Cann Group Ltd (ASX: CAN) share price is up 71% since this time last month despite a heavy sell-off over the last few days. Last month Cann was granted a licence which allows it to apply for a permit to import cannabis genetics and medicinal cannabis products from legal international sources.

The Creso Pharma Ltd (ASX: CPH) share price has rocketed 135% in a month following a series of positive announcements. This week, for example, the company announced its entry into the lucrative China market. Creso’s shares are currently in a trading halt pending an announcement regarding a placement of shares.

The MGC Pharmaceuticals Ltd (ASX: MXC) share price has climbed 50% during the last 30 days. Supply agreements with a South Korean cosmetics company and a European medicinal products distributor have been the catalyst for this gain.

The Hydroponics Company Ltd (ASX: THC) share price has been the star performer in the industry, rising over 350% since this time last month. During this period the diversified cannabis company announced that its Canndeo business has been granted a Medicinal Cannabis Licence by the Office of Drug Control that authorises the cultivation and growing of cannabis plants for medicinal purposes.

The Queensland Bauxite Ltd (ASX: QBL) share price has rallied 250% higher in the last 30 days. The mining company’s shares have not rallied due to any developments in its core business, but rather due to its investment in Medical Cannabis Limited and Hemp Hulling Company.

Whether this strong run can continue in December is a matter of debate, but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see traders take a bit of profit off the table.

https://www.fool.com.au/2017/11/23/medical-...-hot-right-now/

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Nov 22 2017, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

Potters on a High

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING