Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

SGH, SLATER & GORDON LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 24 2018, 08:56 PM
  Quote Post

https://amp-abc-net-au.cdn.ampproject.org/v...ients%2F9898870

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 27 2018, 01:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 31 2017, 10:02 PM

Might be of interest to SGH holders - UK’s Financial Reporting Council has fined former auditor of Quindell.

Sanctions in relation to the audit of Quindell Ltd
23 January 2018
https://www.frc.org.uk/news/january-2018-(1...of-quindell-ltd

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 31 2017, 10:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jun 26 2017, 07:49 PM

AUGUST 31 2017 - 7:54PM
Hedge funds to take control of Slater & Gordon
Adele Ferguson
Class action law firm Slater and Gordon is set to be owned by a consortium of international hedge funds after agreeing to a bailout that will see it emerge with a new board and strategy.

The new plan, revealed on Thursday night, will involve hedge funds, led by Anchorage Capital swapping the debt they are owed by Slater and Gordon into a 95 per cent ownership of the company. That process is expected to be finalised in mid-November.

The consortium will also provide an additional $50 million of funding and get sole ownership of Slater and Gordon's troubled UK business.

The deal also involves the embattled law firm agreeing to settle a class action with aggrieved shareholders.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/...831-gy82cj.html

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 26 2017, 07:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 17 2017, 08:33 AM

Don't own this stock, and don't wish to own, but noticed these following comments on a UK site - https://masterinvestor.co.uk/evil-diaries/w...-hundred-group/ - extract from that site.......

I yesterday bought Watchstone (LON:WTG) again – this time at 142p. My reason is that I guess that the Slater and Gordon suit against WTG is nonsense. Subsequent to my purchase I was favoured with the following comment from a pal who follows WTG:

“The Slater and Gordon case is cobblers but the CEO of Slater and Gordon had to bring it otherwise he has to fall on his sword. There is no chance of the case coming to court. When Andrew Gretch is removed the next man in will settle at £1-5m to take away aggro. WTG is in no hurry as they can’t distribute surplus cash until the SFO case re Terry is resolved. WTG work to their own schedule but nevertheless it is the key to unlock repayments to shareholders of WTG.”

Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 17 2017, 08:33 AM
  Quote Post

Slater & Gordon ownership passes to hedge funds

Wow. But which one is the pond scum?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 28 2017, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

10c .... nothing to recover here?
Investors flooded the exits at troubled law firm Slater & Gordon yesterday amid rising expectations a recapitalisation plan will leave shareholders on the outer and make the stock "nearly worthless".

The company needs to strike a deal with its lenders by May 26 to continue operating as a going concern, with a number of recapitalisation proposals put forward for assessment on February 15.

In half-year accounts released yesterday, it was revealed the group had continued to leak cash and entered negative equity as a further savage writedown of its British business ensured its liabilities outnumbered assets. The latest impairment, of $350.3 million, led to a loss for the half-year period of $425.1m.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 16 2017, 01:59 PM
  Quote Post

20c ......... so, sue me?

Slater & Gordon has confirmed it is in talks with lenders to recapitalise the group as its debts exceeds the value of the business.

--------------------

PatienceToWin
post Posted: May 23 2016, 11:06 PM
  Quote Post

SGH SP is currently rallying towards its high of $0.68 after the May 2 annc. when the banks offered there support allowing SGH time to gets is business in order before loan repayments are due in May 2018, IMO SGH is a BUY and will rally leading in to the FY result in August.

mercury
post Posted: Mar 2 2016, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

Glad to be NOT in this one. Will the banks pull the pin? something has to give...and it seems like it is giving now. Falling into a hole.

What chances does the company have of surviving....any bankers out there with a thought?

nipper
post Posted: Feb 29 2016, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

Slater & Gordon is 'almost certain' to face a class action led by its long-standing rival Maurice Blackburn.

I would love to comment, but I just heard an ambulance siren, and I'm off to investigate

--------------------

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING