Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

FWD, FLEETWOOD CORPORATION LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 30 2019, 01:26 PM
  Quote Post

Perth based Fleetwood (FWD, $1.96) now looks a smarter company after it disposed of its loss-making caravan business.

This means management can now focus on its modular accommodation business, which taps into strong infrastructure spending.

Management cites strong government demand for mobile buildings for miens prisons and schools. Fleetwood also operates the Searipple Village in Karratha for Rio Tinto since 2012, with the miner in December extending its contract by a year.

Fleetwood last year expanded into the eastern seaboard market with the $34m purchase of the Sydney based Modular Building Systems and the $10m purchase of the Melbourne based caravan plumbing and electrical supplier Northern RV. These were funded by a $60m rights raising.

As Wise-owl’s Simon Herrmann notes, the acquisitions are revenue and earnings per share positive and the raising was well supported by institutional holders.

Post the acquisitions and divestments, Fleetwood is operating on a run rate of $330m of revenue, generating earnings before interest and tax of $31m.

Despite the progress, the shares are well off their February 2017 high of $3.
- Tim Boreham.... one of his "19 beaten up" stocks for 2019

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

doji-star
post Posted: May 21 2013, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 21 2013, 12:01 PM

Anything connected to mining has been very vulnerable. Big mining companies are under a lot of pressure to follow Woodsides lead and cut Capex and give money to shareholders. This puts mining service companies on the "chopping block".
NRW holdings is another that could easily come out with a downgrade. ANG upgraded profit and dividend forecasts in Feb. Will they be able to deliver? And what will guidance be?
There are a few other companies, in the sector, that haven't downgraded yet, that must be in danger of missing forecasts too.

early birds
post Posted: May 21 2013, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doji-star's post @ May 21 2013, 09:51 AM

Transfield Services is dragging on the market, down 22.35 per cent to 99 cents, after announcing it expects full year profit to be about $62 million, instead of between $85 million and $90 million. It also plans to cut 113 jobs.
The industrial index is down 1.49 per cent, with Downer EDI also down by 8.21 per cent.
Another company in the red is caravan manufactuer Fleetwood Corporation, down 21.85 per cent to $5.59, which announced yesterday its second half earnings would be ''marginally below'' the first half.
The consumer discretionary index is down 1.17 per cent. The other indices are flattish, but in line with the weak lead from Wall Street.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets-liv...l#ixzz2Tt9BFO3T
=============

whole sector is under the gun. they went up too fast and too big from last year's low i guess!!

doji-star
post Posted: May 21 2013, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

Disappointing trading update last night from Fleetwood. After a weak first half there was an expectation the 2nd half would show a decent improvement. Now it seems it may be wirse than the first half. They'll get hammered I think.
Will they be able to maintain their dividend?

*DJ Fleetwood Price Target Cut 23% to A$7.24; Neutral Rating Kept - Nomura

batikit
post Posted: Oct 21 2012, 09:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Oct 21 2012, 06:54 PM

I agree mistergear , FWD is inside a falling channel , though the degree is quite moderate

My plan is to buy as close to the support ($9.3 - 9.5 area) as possible and set a stop loss below the support

10% profit on this chart seems achuvable
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

mistagear
post Posted: Oct 21 2012, 06:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Oct 21 2012, 03:51 PM

Bat,

Perhaps this chart is late in the cycle, the Mark-down phase ?

Attached Image

I'm often wrong and this may be another classic example.

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

batikit
post Posted: Oct 21 2012, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

Positive divergence on this one - it touched the base trendline and rebounced

good chance for a reversal

Monday's market is going to be negative, great chance to buy FWD at a lower price ....
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Ian
post Posted: Jun 6 2012, 06:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 6 2012, 03:13 PM

Nipper,
It's a great stock for investors. Have held for years. No regrets. It goes up and down with the markets moods but its fundamentals are so strong there is never a reason to panic. You won't find many investors complaining about this one. Management is excellent and stocks like that are not commonplace.
cheers
Ian

nipper
post Posted: Jun 6 2012, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

FWD - FLEETWOOD CORPORATION LIMITED

RBS Australia rates FWD as Buy (1) - Target $13.72 (was $13.66). The broker doesn't think Fleetwood should be tarred with the same brush that has been colouring over the mining services sector of late. The broker sees a lot more diversification than many others in the sector, plus there's a nice, secure dividend on offer. All this makes for a more defensive option on the mining sector than most. The broker also likes the look of the balance sheet, which adds the ability to chase additional growth options.

With the current share price looking weak, in the broker's view, the Buy call is maintained, with RBS seeing a good opportunity at current levels.

RBS Australia forecasts a full year FY12 dividend of 76.00 cents and EPS of 91.10 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 6.70% & estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 12.46.

Current consensus EPS estimate is 91.6, & current consensus DPS estimate is 75.1, implying a prospective dividend yield of 6.6%. Current consensus price target is $ 13.56. Current consensus EPS estimate suggests the PER is 12.4.
now $11.40; double top at $13.40, ... has held up well compared to some, over the last year

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

colliedog
post Posted: Mar 18 2011, 04:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: doc-gt's post @ Mar 18 2011, 02:28 PM

fwd is one of the best stocks on asx,its ex div slowed it a bit which is not unusual,their different businesses complement each oyher good mngmnt and a steady as she goes approach will see the last highs taken out ,have a look at the chart of fwd you wont see a better one ,but then maybe i am biased being a long time holder ,cheers.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING