Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Oil and Gas Weekly Review Newsletter
Twobees
post Posted: May 7 2009, 10:00 PM
  Quote Post

I have subscribed to both OGW AND SA for years. Both provide good information on the energy sector and SA covers some metals. Both pretty much missed the CSG grab though, so its still DYOR.

uraniumbull
post Posted: May 7 2009, 09:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NightStalker's post @ Jun 23 2006, 06:58 AM

--------------------
Life is like a toilet roll.
The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

Brierley
post Posted: Apr 24 2009, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: garryg's post @ Apr 24 2009, 10:48 AM

These two analysts [John and Peter] perform better when the market is performing normally , based on fundamentals basically. But we have an awful market never seen before like this one . So don't expect much more than a good read , and a few ideas from the two atm....

Hi G, BP
Agree with above comment. In hindsight, the best bet in the 2H 2008 was probably 8% interest from the bank.
Looks like interest is creeping back in to the energy sector now.
OGW seems to read the market well with his bobn and besbs plays.
Plenty of undervalued stocks around but as Garry said on another thread, they stay undervalued until there is some activity (drilling/corp move etc) that lures in the punters.

garryg
post Posted: Apr 24 2009, 10:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blowout preventer's post @ Apr 24 2009, 12:29 AM

Hi BP.

Agree 100% with your comment about DYOR.
I find John Campbell's publication does give a quick summary of some of the latest Quarterly reports - this can be useful for DYOR. As a side issue, I do think that the traditional Buy Early Sell Before Spudding (BESBS) approach is slowly starting to work again in some cases. John also provides a limited list in this area which can be helpful, again providing that you DYOR upon this.
Otherwise, not a lot to be gained from tip sheets at present...

blowout prevente...
post Posted: Apr 24 2009, 12:29 AM
  Quote Post

These two analysts [John and Peter] perform better when the market is performing normally , based on fundamentals basically. But we have an awful market never seen before like this one . So don't expect much more than a good read , and a few ideas from the two atm....

I get stuff from 3 different oil analysts in separate brokers .....and they are just producing absolute rubbish .

Hard times generally .... dyor is better atm ..... read quarterlies coming up and you will learn a lot .....

garryg
post Posted: Apr 16 2009, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Apr 15 2009, 03:38 PM

Hi B.

I have subscribed to both at present.

StockAnalysis gives you a smaller selection of companies but they are generally reviewed in greater detail (and occasionally from sectors other than energy). John Campbell is more of a quick browse but does try to keep 'up to date' on news impacting on each company.
Both seem to focus on fundamental valuations in their analysis and I'm not convinced that this is always the most useful in this market. That said, both are worth supporting as you say.

I rely on these 2 publications and ShareScene to get my focus on to a company, then it is simply DYOR. Like you, I'd be interested to know what others think.

Brierley
post Posted: Apr 15 2009, 03:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ADMIN1's post @ Nov 14 2006, 02:02 AM

Are any people here subscribed to both the oil and gas weekly and the Stock Analysis newsletter?

How do they compare? In what ways are they similar? What are the pros and cons of each?

Would really appreciate anyone's feedback.

The above quote was from Admin in 2006
Have been subscribing to both for several years.
Last 12 months has been rough for the energy sector and presumably rough for newsletter writers to retain their subscribers.

I decided to re subscribe to OGW. It has its shortcomings but all up I think its value for money.
Interested to hear others thoughts on OGW and StockAnalysis and if they continue to see value in them under the current market conditions.
Furthermore, can anyone recommend a publication other than SA that provides detailed analysis of companies in the ASX energy sector.

annaliese
post Posted: Apr 9 2008, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

I see theres a new oil equity sub service the Blackgold Report.

It seems based on the OGW with input from John Campbell.

Any feedback from users?

ADMIN1
post Posted: Nov 14 2006, 02:02 AM
  Quote Post

Are any people here subscribed to both the oil and gas weekly and the Stock Analysis newsletter?

How do they compare? In what ways are they similar? What are the pros and cons of each?

Would really appreciate anyone's feedback.

You can view some samples of Stock Analysis (no signup required) via this sharescene exclusive link to refresh your memory.

There is also a topic about member feedback on S.A. http://www.sharescene.com/index.php?showtopic=8429

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers graduated.gif

--------------------
regards,
ADMIN1

will_smith
post Posted: Sep 18 2006, 10:59 PM
  Quote Post

dont know if the programe trader could take
5m shares on the head

plus nt oil will probably put restrictions on you
trader types wink.gif

nothing worse than holding shares in escrow,
unable to sell & watch everyone else eat the cake grrr.gif

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING