Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

211 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BPT, BEACH ENERGY LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 13 2019, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

Beach Energy energy shares have leapt 5 per cent after it lifted its full-year earnings guidance on the back of an almost tripling in its first-half net profit as it benefited from a surge in production and a drop in capital expenditure.

The oil and gas producer (BPT) said Wednesday its net profit jumped to $282.9 million in the six months through December from $95.7m a year earlier, while total revenue increased to $1.06 billion from $392.6m.

Late last month, Adelaide-based Beach raised its production target for the financial year to between 28 million and 29 million barrels of oil equivalent after producing a better-than-anticipated 15.2 million barrels in the first half.

The company said it now expected earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of between $1.25bn and $1.35bn for the full year, an increase of $200m on its previous guidance...

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 31 2019, 01:53 PM
  Quote Post

Beach’s (BPT) revised outlook reflected better-than-expected output in the first half and the expected closure on its planned deal to sell a stake in assets in southeastern Australia’s Otway Basin.

The oil and gas producer said Thursday it now expects annual production to reach between 28 million and 29 million barrels of oil equivalent, higher than guidance released in late October for output of 25 million to 27 million barrels.

The company said it also now anticipates capital spend for the year to be between $450 million and $500m, where it previously forecast $440m-$520m.
... up 6%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 22 2018, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

Ryan Stokes said Beach had uncontracted gas to sell into tight east coast markets.

“The shortage of domestic gas supply on the east coast is set to be exacerbated in coming years through the lack of developed and undeveloped reserves,” he said. “Likewise, the global LNG market is set to experience a shortage of supply in the early to mid 2020s.”....

“We have over $1 billion in available liquidity through undrawn debt facilities, cash reserves, and the listed investment portfolio to take advantage of opportunities should they emerge,” he said.

Yesterday, Seven Group revealed its stake in Beach had crept up to 28.6 per cent from 25.6 per cent. Kerry Stokes said there was no intention to make a bid for Beach and that the stake had increased because Seven Group viewed the price as attractive.

“We have no other objectives in mind at the moment, but we believe it’s a wonderful investment for Seven Group,” he said.
at Seven's AGM

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 14 2018, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

A line of Beach Energy shares crossed late on Wednesday set tongues wagging, with fingers pointing at the oil and gas producer's biggest shareholder, Seven Group Holdings.

Sources told this column Seven Group Holdings was behind the line of 68 million shares, worth about $110 million. The purchase takes SGH's shareholding to about 29 per cent.

Deutsche Bank was believed to have handled the trade. ...
AFR

- they probably think it's worth above $2 ?

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 29 2018, 02:10 PM

Royal Bank of Canada analyst Ben Wilson says it is "a strong start to FY19 for Beach, building on the upbeat growth outlook presented at its recent investor day. The production beat was driven by gas and gas liquids, however oil production also beat marginally. Realised oil pricing was significantly stronger than our estimates, helping Beach to a 10 per cent revenue beat versus our forecasts. Beach reiterated it is on track to be debt free within 12 months with the assumed second half of 2018-19 settlement of the recent part Otway sell down to OG Energy. This is consistent with our forecasts and leaves Beach well positioned to execute its ambitious growth program."

First quarter production is up to 7.8 million barrels of oil, higher than expected. The company has not changed its guidance but says production for the full year will be between 25 million and 27 million barrels of oil.

"We have recently upgraded our rating to Sector Perform having attributed additional value for future resource conversion and production growth. We also have an upbeat macro view on both oil and east coast gas. The market has been willing to reward Beach post the Lattice acquisition for its contingent resources and exploration upside. Our current price target is A$1.90/shr based on our risked DCF valuation," Mr Wilson says.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 29 2018, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 28 2018, 03:53 PM

Positive Quarterly - SP up 3.25% @ $1.59
Key Highlights
Quarterly revenue reaches $514 million; drives $152 million free cash flow

ï‚· Strong production performance in conjunction with a 6% increase in realised oil price drove
a standout quarter for Beach, recording $514 million of revenue.
ï‚· $152 million of free cash flow was generated in the quarter.
Production driven by high facility reliability and strong customer demand
ï‚· Production increased 7% to 7.8 MMboe with improved facility performance and strong
seasonal gas demand.
ï‚· Sales volumes increased 9% to 8.3 MMboe, primarily due to higher production volumes.
ï‚· Sales revenue increased 9% to $514 million, driven by the higher sales volume and higher
realised oil price ($109.9/bbl).
FY19 production, underlying EBITDA trending towards upper end of guidance range
ï‚· Beach has approved another drilling rig to accelerate drilling activity in the Western Flank
and is supportive of Santos adding a 4th rig to the Cooper Basin JV.
 FY19 production is expected to be towards the upper end of the guidance range of 25 – 27
MMboe following the strong start to the year and contribution from the additional rigs.
ï‚· FY19 underlying EBITDA guidance is also expected to be towards the upper end of the
guidance range of $1.05 – 1.15 billion, driven by the strong production outlook.
 FY19 capital expenditure guidance remains unchanged at $440 – 520 million.
20% net gearing target reached 9 months early, on track to be debt-free within 12 months
ï‚· Net gearing was 20% at 30 September, achieved more than 9 months ahead of our original
target of < 25% by the end of FY19, announced at the time of the Lattice acquisition.
ï‚· Liquidity remains strong at $664 million after the early repayment of $250 million of debt.
ï‚· Higher production and commodity price outlook, a firm control of costs, and the expected
proceeds from the Otway Sale puts Beach on track to be debt-free within 12 months. This is
2 years ahead of our original target, announced at the time of the Lattice acquisition.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bpt
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 28 2018, 03:53 PM
  Quote Post

Monday 29/10/2018 - Beach Petroleum production update Sep Q: Higher oil prices should lift revenues

Current Brent oil +1pc at $US77.62/barrel,
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2018, 02:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 5 2018, 02:38 PM

yep, relative declines. Whoopee for free cash but not when revenue decreases

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 5 2018, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 5 2018, 09:55 AM

Explains market reaction
The following table summarises the changes to FY19 guidance as a result of the Transaction.
FY19 guidance
Production
Prior - 26 - 28 MMboe
Revised -25 - 27 MMboe

Capital Expenditure
$460 - 540 million
$440 - 520 million

DD&A
$400 - 450 million
$395 - 445 million

EBITDA
$1.1 – 1.2 billion
$1.05 – 1.15 billion[

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2018, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

sale of a 40% interest in its Victorian Otway interests to OGOG (Otway) Pty Ltd, a wholly owned

subsidiary of Eyal Ofer’s O.G. Energy Holdings Ltd, a member of the Ofer Global group of companies

--------------------

211 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING