Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

FXJ, FAIRFAX MEDIA LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 21 2017, 01:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 21 2017, 01:16 PM

Yes, I understood that and I quoted it my post - (below). The "ugly chart" reference was a visual comment. You have to agree it's ugly, or not?

Last week Fairfax spun-out online property classifieds business Domain Holdings. The publisher maintains a 60 per cent stake in Domain, which is now listed on the ASX. The stock last fetched 68 cents, down 0.7 per cent.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Nov 21 2017, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 21 2017, 12:37 PM

Ugly chart!!
look in line above ..... spun out Domain the week before. An oversight worthy of Allan Kohler !!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 21 2017, 12:37 PM
  Quote Post

extract from The Age

Hedge funds are ramping up their (negative) interest in Fairfax Media, with the number of shares shorted more than tripling last week to 5.4 million. That brings the percentage of shares sold short to 0.23 per cent from 0.07 per cent.

That's a big move, but still well shy of the most shorted names. The top five are:

Syrah Resources with 21 per cent of its shares sold short
Independence Group at 20%
Domino's Pizza at 17%
JB Hi-Fi at 16%
Healthscope at 15%

Last week Fairfax spun-out online property classifieds business Domain Holdings. The publisher maintains a 60 per cent stake in Domain, which is now listed on the ASX. The stock last fetched 68 cents, down 0.7 per cent.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=fxj
Ugly chart!!
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

pacestick
post Posted: Feb 21 2014, 07:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Dec 13 2012, 02:47 PM

BIg jump yesterday on the six monthly results looks like shorts got burnt

batikit
post Posted: Dec 13 2012, 02:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: crusty75's post @ Dec 13 2012, 01:44 PM

apn is about to start a new trend soon like fxjkeep an eye on it

Said 'Thanks' for this post: crusty75  

crusty75
post Posted: Dec 13 2012, 01:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Nov 15 2012, 09:36 AM

Been a month since the last post on this and the reversal is in full swing with higher lows and higher highs. NAB has also been buying up over the last few weeks. Up over 30% in the last month and today has broken through the initial resistance at 50c. Next target 58c I reckon

batikit
post Posted: Nov 15 2012, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 1 2012, 01:20 PM

i think its time to break out today...mcad divergence respected plus buying up on down days , strong sign of a reversal

arty
post Posted: Nov 1 2012, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Nov 1 2012, 01:03 PM

There are currently plenty of distractions in the media sphere.
Perpetual selling TEN, Gina dirty with FXJ, Seven copping it over competition concerns...
I reckon, with Christmas upon us, there'll be advertising aplenty; once the market takes note of that, I'm sure media companies will come back into favour. Can't say how long that will last, but the current bearish ride looks certainly overchilled.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

batikit
post Posted: Nov 1 2012, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Oct 24 2012, 08:44 PM

a down day like today should be ideal for shorter but the price couldnt break 0.390 and volume is lowdoes it suggest bull is around the corner?

veeone
post Posted: Oct 24 2012, 08:44 PM
  Quote Post

Does Gina still have any left to sell?

She is rattling sabers still!!!

Rinehart strikes back at Fairfax board
Mining billionaire Gina Rinehart has struck a blow against the Fairfax Media board, voting against the company's executive pay report after a torrid annual general meeting (AGM).

And in an extraordinary move, Fairfax Media chairman Roger Corbett accepted a challenge to take a pay cut this financial year in return for support from the Australian Shareholders' Association (ASA) for the same report.

Fairfax Media suffered its first 'strike' under recently introduced 'two strikes' rules after Ms Rinehart, the chairwoman of Hancock Prospecting and Fairfax Media's biggest shareholder, voted her 14.99 per cent stake against the remuneration report.

Ms Rinehart also opposed the award of performance rights to Fairfax chief executive Greg Hywood and the re-election of director James Millar.

However she voted for Peter Cox, a media analyst who has been highly critical of Fairfax and who stood for election as an independent board member.

Mr Cox's nomination was opposed by the board and was not successful.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories...oard_RSS_241012

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING