Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

54 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

HIG, HIGHLANDS PACIFIC LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: May 23 2018, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

HIG up 37% currently on this news

Cobalt 27 said it had reached a C$145 million ($113.33 million) deal with Highlands Pacific Ltd to buy cobalt and nickel from a Papua New Guinea mine that the Australian miner has a stake in.

Cobalt 27, a small buyer of physical cobalt, is also in advanced talks with other owners of the Ramu mine on Papua New Guinea's north coast for a further $87 million stream, it said. Both transactions can be funded from cash or a new debt facility.

Under the transaction with Highlands, Cobalt 27 will purchase 55 percent of Highlands' share of cobalt production and 27.5 percent of its share of nickel output from the mine.

That will result in Cobalt 27 receiving an estimated 450,000 pounds of cobalt and 2.25 million pounds of nickel in concentrate a year from Ramu.

As a result of the deal, Highlands' ownership of Ramu will increase to 11.3 percent from 8.56 percent. The mine is majority-owned and operated by Metallurgical Corporation of China Ltd. Other shareholders include the Papua New Guinea government, landowners and other Chinese investors.

Cobalt 27 has also agreed to buy a 13 percent stake in Highlands, a Papua New Guinea-focused mining explorer, developer and producer.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

cooderman
post Posted: Aug 23 2013, 04:01 PM
  Quote Post

nice rumour doing the rounds....PanAust in talks to buy Glencore/Xstrata Frieda River deposit in PNG

HIG owns an 18% share in deposit...it will give some idea of HIG s value if deal goes ahead

still holding after watching price fall almost back to what I paid months ago

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 9 2013, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

no speeding ticket......may be it is travelling way to fast and they can't see it

certainly leaving a lot of gaps on the way up......bound to close some of them soon

still holding and no reason to sell

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 4 2013, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

accumulated 100k shares at an average of .055 over the last month

showing a profit finally.....nice spike yesterday and may be more to come

all the sellers from last financial year seem to have gone and volume is much lower

they sstill have problems with the Glencore/Xtrata merger and future mine development

trade with care as the sellers may come back

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Mar 5 2012, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 28 2012, 12:52 PM

and heading higher - rerating underway

arty
post Posted: Feb 28 2012, 12:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 22 2012, 01:01 PM

another push for higher ground.
I'm still holding.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Financial Chatter  

arty
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Financial Chatter's post @ Feb 22 2012, 12:06 PM

well, it may yet test the breakout level @19c; but given the volume, that ought to hold.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 12:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 22 2012, 11:23 AM

looking for this to take off from here

arty
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 20 2012, 02:37 PM

Once 19c is broken, it's probably away.

right on cue smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Feb 20 2012, 02:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: melua's post @ Jan 3 2012, 04:42 PM

Hi Melua,
Not sure what you meant by "not as it seems"; quite likely some accumulators wanted more for less, hence the retracement.
But my chart suggests it could be worth hopping on board. Which I've started doing. Once 19c is broken, it's probably away.

Attached Image

--------------------

54 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING