Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

483 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Today, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Today, 10:09 AM

Regarding booing, it's always a few drunks who are the most boorish ....... everywhere. Don't think our Gabba hoons would be any better late on a Saturday afternoon.

Don't think the selectors will change the team except for fast bowlers perhaps. Our batting is very fragile, but then again the Poms are faring no better. Maybe it's just difficult conditions for batsmen , what with the Pommie pitches and weather.

Bit put out that Smith didn't reach his third century ..... he deserved it.

Should be an interesting final day.

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Today, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Today, 09:00 AM

Yeah, but when I saw that the ball had hit towards the back of Steve Smith's neck I thought of what happened to Phil Hughes. I don't think Smith had those protective flaps on the back of his helmut that most players these days have.

Regarding Warner, I read that he dropped two catches last night. If he is not scoring runs and remains out of sorts maybe he needs some time away to get his act together. Bancroft too but at least he is contributing on the field. In the 3 innings in this series so far, Australia would have been absolutely buggered if not for Steve Smith. We simply cannot continue on carrying the openers and the number 3 and have the middle order spluttering along, as the poms have put together a very competitive combination of fast bowlers. I doubt if the home side will deliver a road for any of the rest of the matches and Warner seems not equiped to handle any sideways movement. Anyway we'll see what happens tonight but as it stands now I reckon at least one, maybe two, of the top order need replacing.

PS aren't the pommy crowds up themselves. Booing some bloke who has retired hurt. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

henrietta
post Posted: Today, 09:00 AM
  Quote Post

World holds breath as Smith falls

A slight exaggeration perhaps?

Game is poised nicely for an interesting final day. Aussies have the luxury of being satisfied with a draw, so no need for unnecessary heroics.
Could Warner finally find some form and belt a winning innings?

Test cricket can be so entertaining .

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 16 2019, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Aug 16 2019, 10:27 AM

Yep EB, just sitting around waiting for them to call me up. Will even pay my own fare to UK.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Aug 16 2019, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 16 2019, 08:39 AM

im my mind------ Khawaja never ready since he join the team. every time when Aussie need him to perform and he goes pissing himself. i meant EVERY TIME!!

someone once told me here that we can't find another one better than him in whole country. i'm not a cricket exp, but c'mon sure they can find someone to replace him. he had way too many opportunities!!! weirdsmiley.gif

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 16 2019, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Aug 16 2019, 08:17 AM

Khawaja actually didn't seem ready ..... had a little daydream maybe ...... but a terrible miss which destroyed Australia's momentum. Trouble is, you can't ever make up for bad misses.

Pretty even contest thus far, so let's hope we can get a big first innings . Usman needs a hundred.

Bancroft's catch was spectacular, and a real morale booster.

Cheers
J

balance
post Posted: Aug 16 2019, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

So many played and miss shots in the first session. We were unlucky not to have several more wickets.
Usman's drop was a shocker. Bancroft's catch was brilliant. He's so sharp in close. Steve Waugh reckons he's the best short leg fielder he's seen.
As expected Langer/Paine went with line and length and so far it has worked. Cummins and Hazlewood were excellent. Choking them of runs puts a lot of pressure on.
Fairly even at present I think. 1st hour tonight critical. England probably 20 to 50 short of what they needed to be but a few wickets early and it is game on.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 15 2019, 08:10 PM

smile.gif

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Aug 15 2019, 07:46 PM

Well, seems to have started ok. Hazlewood gets roy second ball.

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 07:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Aug 14 2019, 08:00 AM

Won the toss and decided to bowl. Goes against the usual practice, so we'll see how it pans out. Better bowl and catch well !!

Cheers
J

483 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING